Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236432 times)

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3075 on: May 01, 2012, 10:31:30 pm »

"Yeah, we gotta do this again some time!" Granite says with much enthusiasm. "Shall I walk you home?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:49 pm »

"That sounds good," says Friesden with a smile.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 01, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »

"Awesome!" Granite says. He walks Friesden back to her house.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 01, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »

Friesden knocks on the door, and waiting, says to Granite "Thank you for tonight. It was really fun."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 01, 2012, 10:52:06 pm »

"Glad to hear it Friesden." Granite says. He leans in to kiss Friesden.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »

Friesden kisses Granite.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 01, 2012, 11:08:36 pm »

Granite blushes slightly and waves goodbye as Friesden goes inside. Granite then walks to his house. My house! Granite thought. He quietly turns the lock to his apartment and enters the small room known as his home. Granite places his chain on the weapon rack nearby and promptly lays down. Within ten minutes he drifted off to sleep, when his dream came back.

Granite stood in a lone field. Rain poured down upon him. An owl was perched at eye level on a nearby branch. The owl spoke to Granite. "When you can caress a flower with the same hoof you used to render stone to dust, only then are you ready." Four badger ponies formed by shadow surround Granite. "And you are ready." The owl said. Granite wasted no time in sending out his chain, arcing it through the two ponies to his right. As the chain flew into them, the ponies disintegrated into ash, as the other two quickly charged his flank. Granite pivoted into the one directly behind him as he drew his dagger and stabbed the one to his left through the skull. Another turned to dust, the final badger pony lunged Granite. With a flicker of movement Granite pushed the blade away from him, stabbed the final pony in the ribs, and imbeded his chain-wrapped hoof into his skull. The final pony fell into a pile of ash. Granite won.

Granite awoke a changed pony. On his flank before him was his cutie mark. It was a crow perched upon a cracked stone, clutching a rose in it's beak. Of course Granite had no idea what that meant, but frankly he didn't care. The day was his.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:18:46 pm by L1wW »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 01, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »

I was looking for Jaxler, heading to the hospital.  He usually drinks at the dining hall after he's done with work, and it was nice to be able to catch up with him over a few drinks.  He wasn't there, though, and not in the crypts either.  I was going to check the hospital next, then his room.  I idly pondered what it said about Jaxler that I would check the crypts and the hospital before checking his appartment as I enter the hospital.  My thoughts are caught short as I see Jaxler laying in a bed, a serious looking bandage over his chest.  I slowly approach and quietly try to get his attention, not wanting to wake him if he's sleeping.

"Jaxler?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

Jaxler noticed the orange pony walking up to him. "Oh, Hay flux."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: May 01, 2012, 11:38:16 pm »

"Jaxler!  What happened to you?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: May 01, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »

Jaxler pondered a way to explain what happened before replying "I was sparring with Granite outside the mines when a Badger jumped out of a bush and put a dagger in my chest. Granite had to drag my here and Panacea had to do emergency surgery without anesthesia. So, I guess it wasn't the worst day I've had."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: May 01, 2012, 11:49:04 pm »

"Holy..."

I simply gape at Jaxler for a few moments, then realizing I'm probably not helping his day any.

"Um... anything I can do to, uh... help?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 02, 2012, 12:00:04 am »

"Well, If you smuggled some booze in here I'd be very happy."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: May 02, 2012, 12:02:50 am »

"Um..."

I look at Jaxler, a bit nervous at the wound he suffered.

"...tell me the truth, Jaxler.  How's your breathing?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: May 02, 2012, 12:04:30 am »

"Pretty bad."

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 239