Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236431 times)

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #3060 on: May 01, 2012, 09:37:54 pm »

"I think my dad had a rabbit awhile back, I should visit him again..." Granite says to himself. "Sooo..."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 01, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »

"So?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 01, 2012, 09:49:03 pm »

"Nothing..." Granite says, when suddenly he hears music. "Hey Friesden want to dance?" He asks.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 01, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »

Friesden squees a little. "Sure! I'd love to dance, Granite!"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:53 pm »

"Awesome, let's go!" Granite says. The two head out to the dance floor not previously mentioned.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:43 pm »

Friesden waits patiently for Granite to start the dance.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:32 pm »

"Um alright..." Granite says. "Just follow my lead, I guess..." Granite pulls Friesden into a standard swing and the two basically swing together.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 01, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »

Friesden enjoys the dance as much as possible...despite her apparent lack of dancing skill.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 01, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

Granite manages to keep time and is, without a doubt, enjoying himself. "Friesden are you having fun?" He asks. Granite takes a moment to spin Friesden in place, lending a hoof just in case she were to fall.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 01, 2012, 10:14:49 pm »

"Yes, I am!" Friesden says, just as she seems about to fall.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 01, 2012, 10:16:20 pm »

Granite carefully pulls her slightly closer just in case she were to fall at some point. "Good to here!" Granite replies. "Glad to see you happy!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 01, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »

"I'm glad to be happy, Granite. Thank you," Friesden says with a smile.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 01, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »

"You're welcome!" Granite says, twirling Friesden again. The two danced together for a few hours before finally stopping and headed back to their table.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 01, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

and

Arbalest walked through the corridor towards Duchess Virtue’s office, Boo hanging onto his horn. Boo had told him he had seen Virtue looking stressed, and after a bit of digging, Arbalest had come to a cause.

Duchess Virtue was overworked, overstressed, underpaid, and underappreciated. There was one solution that Arbalest had come up with, and Boo had approved. So as he came to the door, and saw the guard there, he asked permission to see Her Grace.

Storm Cloud notes Arbalest approach and listens to his petition to see Virtue.  He wasn’t inclined to let anypony in who was likely to upset her anymore than she already was, but Arbalest didn’t seem like the sort of pony to cause trouble, so he lets him in.

Virtue looks up from the stock records she had been pretending to pay attention to and gives Arbalest a quick, weary look.  “Arbalest?  How can I help you?”

Arbalest bows before the duchess. “Your Grace, I humbly petition that you cease to take so much work upon yourself. You are tired, and stressed. This is not good for your health, or for the fort.”

It takes a moment for Virtue to respond, but she eventually says, “I... I know.”  This wasn’t the first time she’d heard that suggestion, and she was beginning to believe it was true.  “I just... I’m not sure what to do about it.”

“Your Grace, if I may humbly make a suggestion? You have three ponies here to help you. The Mayor, the Militia Commander, and the Judge. Each of these ponies covers an area which you are taking upon yourself. The Mayor is the governor of the civil matters, such as administration of stock, housing, and similar. The Militia Commander is the governor of military matters, such as those dealing with the Rainbow Ponies. The Judge is the governor of judicial matters. Each of these areas you are doing. And that is creating a great strain put upon yourself. Please, Your Grace, this is for both your good, and the good of the fort,” Arbalest says earnestly.

She nods weakly.  All true, of course.  “With Jury here, I’d intended to hand over judicial matters to her immediately.”  After their little chat she wasn’t so sure, but still, that’s what she was here for.  “The military probably should be handed over completely to Halberd.  I let him handle all of the planning already, but perhaps I am still too involved.”  She wonders about letting Longshot take over for management... what would there be left for her?  “I had planned to speak with Longshot about taking over some management duties.  But that got a bit sidetracked after he was nearly murdered...” she trails off.

“Your Grace...I would humbly implore you to continue with these plans to hand over these responsibilities. You are our ruler, and you cannot do everything for us. It would be madness for you to try and make each house, make each weapon, each bed. But this is the same that you are doing. Instead of using the ponies to their best capacity, you’re taking their duties upon yourself. Please, Your Grace...This is something that must happen. Your ponies are here to aid you, not the other way around.”

“You... you’re right,” she responds, hanging her head almost imperceptibly.  “It’s something I should have done years ago.  I don’t know... perhaps I was afraid to.”  It wasn’t really much of an option anymore.  It was one thing to do all of this when there were only fifty ponies in Dawnpick.  With over a hundred with exponentially more problems, she couldn’t keep up.  She really was going to an early grave at this rate.

Arbalest stands up, and walks over to Virtue, and gives the mare a hug. “Your Grace...What can I do to help you?”

She returns the hug.  It didn’t make a bit of difference if she was the duchess and he wasn’t of nobility or family.  That hug meant about as much as anything else at the moment.  “I wish I had a better answer for you... but... just keep doing what you’re doing.  Be a good pony like you have been.”

“As you wish, Your Grace,” Arbalest says.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: May 01, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »

"That was really fun, Granite!"
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 239