Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236421 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2955 on: April 29, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »

"All my family is currently dead and I'd prefer to not talk about something as personal as my past. I hope you understand."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: April 29, 2012, 07:19:29 pm »

"Sorry, didn't know it was a sore subject."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: April 29, 2012, 07:22:53 pm »

"It's fine, Most my family died when I was to young to understand what was happening."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: April 29, 2012, 07:25:07 pm »

"It has been a pleasure, Jaxler, but I should probably be going. Best of luck," he says as he begins walking back towards his house.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »

Shortly before sunrise, I arrive at Granite's new apartment.  He had moved out as soon as he was an adult, probably because of all his siblings and a desire for some shred of privacy.  He had been doing well in his mechanical studies, and I felt confident enough to bring him with me to help set up the new large monster trap in the caverns.  With tools and parts in my saddlebags, I knock on his door.

"Granite!  Granite, are you awake?  It's me, Flux!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »

Granite was having the best dream ever, when suddenly he awoke to a very loud knocking on his room's front door. He lazily got out of bed and opened the door. Granite recognizing Flux casually stretched a little and said, "Hey mentor! What's up? And is there any particular reason for those tools you got?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: April 29, 2012, 07:58:58 pm »

"Heya Apprentice!  Yep, we're heading down to the caverns to set up part of the monster trap.  It's fairly complex, so having an extra pair of hooves is important.  So get ready, we have work to do!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: April 29, 2012, 08:01:25 pm »

"Great." Granite says. "Should I write something like a will or final thoughts just in case I don't come back?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: April 29, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »

I chuckle as I lay a hoof on his withers.

"Heh, it's not that bad, Granite!  Besides, the caverns are nice if you can avoid the horrible monsters that have been forgotten even from legends.  Now come on!"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: April 29, 2012, 08:07:53 pm »

"Alright, if you say so Flux..." Granite says and starts following Flux to the caverns. "So these traps are going to do some damage to the forgotten beasts right?" He asks on the way.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: April 29, 2012, 08:41:41 pm »

"Well, we're going to set up a raising wall to trap the monster so the balista can handle it.  If we have time, I'd like to set up some spear traps, too.  Those things have been rather nasty, I want to make sure we can handle any that we manage to catch.  The wall is pretty heavy, so the mechanisms need to be really strong and installed properly."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: April 29, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »

"Great, just tell me what to do Flux." Granite says. Man, I was having the best dream ever and now I get pulled out of bed to go build something in the caverns... Granite thought. The two keep walking until they reach the caverns. For about three hours the two work and manage to set up the wall and get it to properly raise and lower with the pull of a lever. They move on to the upright spear traps and after a few more hours of working on the traps they manage to set it up without injury and to their astonishment everything works out perfectly. With Flux giving Granite permission to go home, Granite gratefully accepts the offer and prepares to go home, that is until a certain pegasus runs up to him.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:55:29 pm by L1wW »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: April 29, 2012, 10:01:10 pm »

Jaxler was walking toward the meeting hall planing on getting drunk when he noticed a familiar pony of in the distance walking out of the mine's. Jaxler hadn't talked with Granite in a while and decided he might as well strike a conversation. "Hay Granite!"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:18 pm »

"Hey Jaxler, I just finished a job with Flux. We set up some traps in the caverns, what's new with you?" Granite asked.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: April 29, 2012, 10:07:48 pm »

"Nothing much, just wood crafting... all day... everyday... until the fabric of my mind decays... into mush... How are things on your end?"

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 239