Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236422 times)

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2940 on: April 29, 2012, 04:14:09 pm »

"Interesting. I've heard bits and pieces about the war here and there, but only scraps. What's the story with that?" Silver asks, walking slowly to the town hall.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 29, 2012, 04:34:13 pm »

"apparently a diplomat had just keeled over and died for no reason, and the caravan that was here at the time got all pissed off, and tried to kill Virtue. In the end me, Sarissa and Kat had to kill off the the rampaging Caravan. So, I guess the rainbows now want all our heads on the end of pikes for killing they're caravan."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 29, 2012, 04:37:09 pm »

"...For no reason? You guys are looking into that, right?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:40:06 pm by ZeroInfinity »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 29, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »

"Yeah... well from what I was told the diplomat died from natural causes, but aside from that I don't really know what happened" 

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 29, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »

"Aah. It seems nowadays everybody's at each other's throats, but that might just be me noticing it more." As he speaks, Silver begins filling out a formal request for an office to practice from, preferably away from the housing, if possible.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:46:59 pm by ZeroInfinity »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 29, 2012, 04:53:57 pm »

"We've always been killing each other, It just as time goes on we get more opportunities to begin new hates"

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:26 pm »

"But, as you must also realize, time heals all wounds, including grievances."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 29, 2012, 05:22:46 pm »

"Yes, but when ponies hate, they have a tendency to make new grievances"

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 29, 2012, 05:47:50 pm »

"I suppose." Silver grabs the request with his magic, then looks around for some place to file it before putting it in there. "Again, as I said, it might just be that as I get older I see more and more reasons to think that."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:55:17 pm by ZeroInfinity »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 29, 2012, 06:07:03 pm »

"It's not about how long you live, its about how much of that time is spent observing the world around you. I'm only 74 and I've seen more crazy crap then most other ponies would see in a couple life times."

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 29, 2012, 06:22:10 pm »

"However, the longer you live the more time you have to see things. A six-year-old has only had six years to see life, but a hundred-year-old has had one hundred."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 29, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »

"Yeah, I guess so, but in six years somepony can see more things then another will see in a thousand, and I for one prey that nopony sees as much as I have."

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 29, 2012, 06:48:53 pm »

"Yes, and as with most calculations, individual conditions can and will affect the result. Age is not a pure determinator for what we've seen, but it is present as a factor."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 29, 2012, 07:08:51 pm »

"Yeah, I guess so."

ZeroInfinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 29, 2012, 07:14:59 pm »

"So, then..." says Silver, seeing they're done with that line of conversation. "Your family name's Blackflutes? Did you come from a family of musicians or something?"
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 239