Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236407 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2850 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:08 pm »

Jaxler's eye's darted down to his crossbow. "Well, it sure as hell has kept me from becoming a worse pony!"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 25, 2012, 11:47:45 pm »

"So that's it? You're only concerned about not getting 'worse', whatever that means? You need to stand on your own four legs and try to become a more productive, more responsible member of Dawnpick! Instead of hiding from your problems behind a mug of the hard stuff, you need to confront your demons head-on and regain control of your life," Sarissa felt like she was talking to a stone wall, but she often let her impulses get the better of her concerning her vices.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 25, 2012, 11:58:00 pm »

"I was under the impression that demons were immortal, and it's not like I can just stop drinking
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:13:43 am by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

"The demon comment was metaphorical..." Sarissa groaned, "...and it's not like I would expect someone like you to drop it cold turkey. Why not at least try to slow down? Don't let it have so much control over you. I've seen what this does to ponies, and I don't like it."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: April 26, 2012, 12:14:31 am »

"Have you ever taken a lunatic off his medicine? Because I really shouldn't go to long without booze."

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 26, 2012, 12:20:16 am »

"That's why you need to do this gradually. I'm no shrink, but I'd say that you need to find a different way to relieve your stress. That's my advice. Do some thinking about that."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:31 am »

"If I go more then a week without my medicine I..." the stallion paused "You shouldn't give advice on things that you know nothing about."

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 26, 2012, 12:35:15 am »

"You know what? Forget I even said anything; I'm not in the business of helping ponies who won't even try to help themselves!" The disgruntled unicorn lowers her head and brushes past Jaxler as she heads off towards the staircase.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: April 26, 2012, 01:40:49 am »

telgin, can you give me a full list of castiron's skills?

Sorry, meant to get to this sooner:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think ill take the foal Crimson.

Ok, he's yours.

And Zeroinfinity, I'm giving you Lathe (new pony who showed up in a migrant wave).  A unicorn stallion, woodcrafter by trade, but in RP he can be whatever of course. :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 26, 2012, 08:43:47 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:53:14 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 26, 2012, 10:13:57 pm »

Oil Macepony was out jogging in hopes of training herself after her time in the hospital, because she was disappointed in Indigo’s training seclude.

Jaxler woke up, lying under a fallen sapling. He had a horrible pain in his back and head and really didn't enjoy the brightness of the day. Jaxler got up off the hard ground and located an empty barrel of booze a few feet away and his crossbow, which was laying on the ground under said sapling. When picked up his crossbow and slung it over his back,  while doing so, he noticed that he was wearing brass horseshoes and had a long cut going down his foreleg. after spending a few moments trying to recollect the events of last night Jaxler sees an familiar mare running towards him. “aye oil”

Oil Macepony: "Hello Jaxler." briefly stopped, stretching some of her legs. "Why are you out here at this time?"

Jaxler paused and though for a moment "I don't really know..."

"Oh ww-vv-... vwell. Urgh. Midpony has strange sounds. I'm still having difficulty getting over it. In any case it's not my place to interfere in the business of others. But I vwould like to talk. Indigo's training isn't giving me anything. I have to run on my own even to get proper exercise. Is there anyvway I could spar with the guard or militia?"

"Yeah, midpony can be a bitch to learn, and if you need to spar then why don't you spar with me? I used to be second in command of the guard."

"Ah, sure. I just have to see if I can retrieve a training mace from one of the armories... Indigo's stuck me with a hammer vwhich annoys me because I vwas a macepony back in highshield -that vwas vwhere I lived before it was sieged-"

Jaxler shrugs "Fine, but what's this about your homeland being sieged?"

"The clan ponies are at vwar vwith the rainbow ponies since their opening attack- that of the one on highshields, vwhere they sent a bunch of diomedians to attack us to try to trick us into getting into another full out vwar with another diomedian kingdom, an enemy of theirs. Vwe figured them out"

“What is your clan home like?"

"The clan kingdom is mostly quiet, but there, everyone chooses their profession and really vwe try to perfect ourselves in it. Vwe tend to be mostly friendly to others, but vwe had a trade disagreement vwith the rainbows."

Jaxler shrugged "war with the rainbows... boy seems like everypony is at war them now-in-days"

Oil Macepony sighed."Vwar is sadly the vway of the vworld. It's alvways happens, is alvways happened, vwill alvways happen, no matter our attempts to stop it."

"War is an infection that cannot be eradicated or controlled. It seems that the gods have a way of making peace and alien ideal"

"Yes... anyvway, I vwas running laps. I'm recovering vwounds I received in Highshields, and I'm almost there. ...But Indigo isn't helping much at all."

"yeah, Indigo is a push-over. I really doesn't think he know how to train ponies."

"...Yeah. Vwhat vwah that vwith the dancing? Dancing?! Ugh. I can get a bit worked up, but I feel like it's been a vwaste of my time! Speaking of time, If vwe're going to spar I vwould like to get it done quickly."

"Don't you need you’re practice mace?"

"Oh, right. I'll go get it."

Jaxler waits for Oil Macepony to go grab her mace. While he waits he pulls out a small knife and grabs a peace of nearby wood and starts whittling...

Oil Macepony comes back with the practice mace, warming up by twirling the mace in the air with her horn a few times.

"Okay, looks like you’re ready to go. If you don't mind I'd like to lay down some ground rules before we start."

"Sure. Vwhat do you have in mind?"

"Rule 1: everything is fair. Rule 2:you lose when you ether, give up, or unintentionally lose consciousness"

"Vwell. Everything is fair, mmm?"

Jaxler shrugged "Rule 3: Try to doge!" said Jaxler as he charged the unicorn, and cocking his brass-horseshoe clad hoof back in preparation for a punch

Oil Macepony swung the mace forward as she moved a bit backward, whooshing it forward in one direction at Jaxler before magically pinching the end of the handle, causing it to rotate with fore at Jaxler's head. The hoof stopped about an inch in front of her face.
Jaxler blocked the mace with his wing and swung his crossbow toward Oil's head

Oil Macepony took the crossbow to the side of the head, not being very well trained. "Oof!" Oil Macepony rotated the mace again, trying to hit his wing with an amount of force.

Jaxler takes the hit to the wing and shows no sign of pain. He then sidestepped to left and swung his hoof toward Oil's kidney

Oil Macepony can't move particularly fast as of yet, and she takes it, stumbling back a bit. She starts moving the mace quickly in a series of swinging motions that are hinged by her grabbing the end of the mace in midair and causing it to swing at Jaxler with its own velocity, before she just kicks a rock at him.

Jaxler gets hit in the face by the stone, which leaves a black bruise around his eye and also gets hit in the head by the mace. Jaxler after a few moments of staggering Jaxler hits the ground face first and remains motionless

Oil Macepony walks up to Jaxler and shakes him to wake it up. "Well.

Jaxler uppercuts Oil macepony as soon as she speaks

"Ooomph!"

Oil Macepony sways a bit, but she takes the mace and goes at it again, physically ramming into Jaxler.

Jaxler is knocked back a little bit by the pony's force. Jaxler then uses his crossbow to block the mace's strike

Oil Macepony grabs Jaxler's crossbow with her mouth while still swinging with her mace.

Jaxler throw's his right hoof toward Oil's forehead

Oil Macepony can't dodge it and starts swaying, dropping her mace onto Jaxler. She picks it up unsteadily, but does it anyway,

Jaxler backed off a few meters from Oil and said mockingly "Come at me bra."

"FFf-vvv-ffvffiinnee!"  Oil Macepony unsteadily went at Jaxler, probably about to lose consciousness

Jaxler flew into the sky and started to hover 10 feet off the ground

Oil Macepony dropped her mace and tried to crash him to the ground with her magic. However, the attack as off center, considerably so.

Jaxler flew down at Oil as fast as he could, swinging the butt of his crossbow wildly

Oil Macepony took the crossbow to the jaw, landing on the ground unconscious.

Jaxler landed on the ground next to Oil macepony. Jaxler was revealed to be back on the ground and not in the sky and glad that he won the fight. He stood there waiting for Oil to fade back into consciousness. 

"...Urrrgh. I've really not learned much from Indigo..."

"looks like I won... are you okay?"

"Yes, I should be OK." Oil Macepony stood up. "I should get some rest now, and figure out how I'm going to beat you next time."

Jaxler shrugged "I dunno, I'm pretty good."

"Yeah, vwhatever. I need to keep jogging anyvway, to finish recovering from my old vwounds." Oil started to begin running again.

Jaxler waved as Oil macepony jogged away. After oil was a decent distance away Jaxler started to walk toward his craftspony's workshop, ready to carve out another days’ worth of useless crap.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:04 pm »

Jaxler was in the meeting hall drinking a barrel of moonshine, while sitting in his favorite seat. He had had his crossbow laying on the table next to him and was ready to start enjoying the night. The average day for jaxler was far less enjoyable sense he left the guard. Every moment of his day was spent carving wood into useless stuff to be shipped away when the next Caravan came to town. The only thing that could kill off the mindless work was a barrel of booze, and the dark stallion was about to do just that when he noticed a pony walking his way.

Midnight's wearing a dark, near black, grey hooded cloak. We walks next to Jaxler, smiling and nodding at him. The hood covering half his face, before Midnight brings it back. "Hello again, mind if I join you for a drink.

Jaxler shrugged "Drinking is always better with company."

Midnight nodded in reply as his smile widens. He pours himself a cup of the harsh drink, before sipping it. "Thank you."

Jaxler sipped some of his booze before thinking of a way to start a conversation "So, I haven't seen you sense Granite about killed himself down in the hospital

"Yes, I know, I've... Well, I've been brooding a little, thinking about recent events."
“well... the war with the rainbows has been on everypony's mind”

"Such a grim state of affairs, but, that's nothing to talk about, not to me. Won't bring a smile to anypony's face. So, how have you been fairing after that hospital incident, Jaxler?"

"Granite? Oh, he's been fine, though i'm probably gonna have to teach him how to take a cut without balling up and crying"

"Panicking about a wound doesn't help, though it certainly was a severe one, how did he manage it anyway? is the chain sharpened?"
"I don't think so... When I asked him about it he said he hadn't the slightest clue as to how managed to cut himself."

"Could be a piece of jagged metal, that's all I can think of. I hope the sight didn't scare the other foals too much."

"Granite getting scarred over a little cut? HA, that foal got snatched by a badgerpony and saw that same pony get decapitated before his very eyes. That pony can take a lot of shit... If only he could learn to handle a cut."

Midnight grimaces at the thought. "Yeah, but foals are often scared about getting hurt, and when they bleed, they act like it'd the end. I'm sure he'll grow out of it."

"yeah, me too. Granite is a pretty tough for his size. He kinda reminds me of somepony I one knew."

"Oh, who?"

"Meh, Just some Foal I knew a while back. I forget his name, but he was a tough lil' fella'. He was about as scrawny as slum ponies come but he always found a way to win in fights."

"Most impressive, I hope he's improved since then. I'm sure his skills would be well sought after."

"I doubt it seeing how he's dead. The poor pony was killed by Diomedians a while ago."

Midnight again grimaces, mumbling something so quiet that Nopony could hope to hear. "That's tragic..."

"So, How have you and rose been?"

"Quite nice, actually. We've been getting along very well. It's hard not to smile around that little foal, she's just so cute, y'know?"

"Yeah... Little foals are just downright adorable"

"Very, maybe if I didn't spend my time burning wood, I'd spend it working in the stables. it would certainly keep me cheered up easy."

"Yeah, the stables are quite a nice place..." Jaxler sipped some more of his booze "what's it like being a wood burner?"

"Hot, boring, and it smells. but that's why it's a job, and not a hobby. At least it's helpful, that's pretty much why I do it."

"seems more exciting than carving wood into random crafts."

"I would disagree, wood carving, if you mean the art form, can be fairly amusing. At least I think so."

It's a mundane art that I perfected a long time ago... And it's not so much an art form if your forced to do it for a living and after the three thousandth wooden bracelet engraved with a random picture, things start to get a bit repetitive."

"Blegh, you should never use your passion as a job, it just ruins the fun."

"Yeah, I guess but it kinda lost it's fun a long time before i made it into a job. Though it's kinda a shame that I hate wood crafting so much, seeing how it seemed to be a family tradition."

"Well, could always start a tradition."

Jaxler laughed "problem is I'd need to start a family first, and by now I've probably scared away every mare in a hundred mile radius of this town."

That's a shame, really. But I wouldn't doubt that you'll find somepony."

"There's no need to be dishonest. It's not like me not having a family is anything new."

Midnight cocks an eyebrow. "Dishonest? I'm not being dishonest. I'm simply just not putting you finding a date an impossibility."

"Date... Who exactly would I ask out?"

"I wouldn't know, though, if any new ponies came here, you could try being nice to them."

"yeah, but it seems like Mare's always have these's preset expectations for whom they date. I mean there idea of the perfect stallion is somepony that has a "high paying job" or a "lack of alcohol dependency" and even is "pleasant to be around". How the hell do they expect to find somepony like that?"

"Eh, some ponies can't except somepony for who they are, hopefully somepony more understanding will show up soon."

"Yeah... Maybe somepony will come along"

Midnight nods with a smile, before taking another sip of booze. "So, why did you decide to start drinking this stuff? I mean, why not something with a little more pleasant taste?"

"because, it's kinda the only thing that can get me drunk... I've built up quit a resistance quite a resistance to alcohol"

"You can do that? Hmm, too bad I'm such a lightweight when it comes to this stuff."

"Meh, you actually lucky. Everyday I haft to spend more and more bits, filling out a prescription that's slowly losing it's effects on me."

"Hmm, it's really just a hope, but I do hope, that I'll be able to help you. You know, keep you at least a little happy, without this stuff."

"Heh, thanks... So, what makes you so willing to help somepony like me. Most ponies are repelled by mt general drunkenness."

"I pretty much live to help others, I mean, I'm not completely selfless or anything. But it's nice to make a pony smile, or to earn a simple thanks even."

"I tried helping others once... It ended with me getting a crossbow slammed into my skull and 5 days chained to a hospital bed. I sincerely hope you fair better."

"... Thanks, Jaxler, I hope fate will smile upon you, as it has upon me."

Jaxler made a little smile.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: April 27, 2012, 08:28:46 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:52:12 pm by Omicega »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: April 27, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »

Granite slowly walked towards the house of Fauchard, a bouquet of roses in his hooves. He stood on the doorstep, clad in a soft black suit with a light green bow tie. Granite knocked on the door. Oh god oh god oh god OH GOD! This was a bad idea! Granite thought to himself. She's gonna hate the roses and laugh at this crappy suit, and... relax Granite, relax. Granite takes a deep breath.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: April 27, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »

With a slight hint of curiousity at who might be knocking, Friesden walks over to the door and opens it.

"Oh. Hello, Granite."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 239