Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236347 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2805 on: April 23, 2012, 12:22:53 am »

Before too long, quiet snores start emanating from the stripy yellow filly.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 23, 2012, 12:32:53 am »

Germaine doesn't seem to mind. She just settles her wing around Friesden's shoulders, letting her sleep.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 23, 2012, 03:10:01 pm »

I walk towards the crypts, hoping I'll find Jaxler there.  He had seemed to be adjusting well to being mostly a civilian, though he was still part of the reserves.  I hadn't seen him since Wool's funeral, and he tended to visit the crypts when he was feeling depressed.  I half hoped he wasn't down there, that'd at least mean he was probably not down in the dumps at least.  Once I descend the stairs, though, I can see the red and black form of my friend down there.

"Um... heya Jaxler."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 23, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »

Jaxler had spent a lot of time down in the crypts. A pony who's magic kept him alive had recently died. Jaxler wouldn't be able to be stand where he was right now if it weren't for wool. Jaxler even had spent some time talking with the pony on occasion and would go so far as to call him an acquaintance or even a friend. Jaxler was entranced in deep thought over unicorn's passing and was surprised to hear one of his friends coming down the stairs "OH, Hay Flux."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:22:20 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: April 23, 2012, 03:23:09 pm »

"How... are you doing, Jaxler?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: April 23, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

Jaxler sighed before responding "I've been worse."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 23, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »

I glance at the coffin he's standing by, noticing it's Wool's, and give my own small sigh.

"There was nothing you could have done, Jaxler..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: April 23, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Jaxler sighs again and gazes down at the coffin.

"There's probably something I could have done.. and I hate knowing that somepony that saved my life die"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:23:48 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52:36 pm »

"You can't be everywhere at once, Jaxler.  I... I wish Wool were still here, too, but... blaming yourself doesn't help anything."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: April 23, 2012, 04:03:03 pm »

"I really don't like ponies dying around me."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 23, 2012, 04:05:18 pm »

"I didn't ask you to like it, Jaxler.  But do you think he'd want you to blame yourself?"

I shake my head sadly.

"I don't think he would."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: April 23, 2012, 04:08:30 pm »

"I'm not blaming myself, I know it was that twisted subterranean abomination's fault. It's just that I feel like I could have done something to help him." 

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 23, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »

"How?  By being able to predict the future?  Jaxler... he was dead before anypony could get there.  We should strive to prevent something like this from happening again, but... 'what if' situations don't really help either.  Look to the future for hope, Jaxler, and to the past for guidance."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 23, 2012, 04:27:13 pm »

Jaxler shrugged "I know... it's just I have hard dealing with the past..." Jaxler then gazed over to his scar. "You know, if it weren't for wool, Panacea wouldn't have been able to put me back together after the whole cavern incident."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:29:37 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 23, 2012, 04:34:09 pm »

"I... I know.  He didn't... deserve this.  Nopony does..."

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 239