Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236341 times)

Allaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2760 on: April 22, 2012, 01:57:38 am »

Midnight smiles a little more as he sees Friesden calming down. He looks down at Rose, who seems to be feeling better too.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: April 22, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »

Jaxler walked out of the hospital. He needed to get away from everything for a few moments. He felt sick for causing a foal to be that scarred. once he got out of the hospital he saw Granite sitting seeming completely depressed. Jaxler walked over to his friend. "Granite, are you okay?"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: April 22, 2012, 01:04:44 pm »

Granite was brought out of his thoughts as Jaxler appeared next to him. "I've been better Jaxler." Granite responds. "I was just thinking about... everything. Since the day I was almost kidnapped to the sight of the dead at the depot." Granite pauses. "I was thinking about death. A vast nothingness beyond life. Being removed from existence... the end of a story. Each page, each chapter, gone, removed, deleted. I grew up at a lucky time you know, Rainbow's could ambush us anywhere and at anytime. Everything just seems dangerous now. The occasional thieves are easy to deal with, but we just incurred the wrath of an entire nation." Granite thinks for a few more moments. "And no matter how good the previous day went, no matter how strong you are, no matter how smart you are, you could end up walking down the wrong path and end up in the middle of an ambush..." Granite pauses again. "Jaxler, I'm scared..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 22, 2012, 01:33:03 pm »

Jaxler put his hoof on Granite's withers "Granite, I... Please don't be afraid. You can't think when your afraid. Sure they could kill us, but it's not like that changes anything. Another beast could raise up from the caves and wipe us out, a demon could charge our walls, a roc could block out the sun, and now the rainbow ponies could attack us. It's not like anything changed. There will be death, Granite, but that happens everyday. Every day you could get decapitated by a badger pony or dragged down to the caves by a monster but before rainbow ponies death you acted just fine living each day knowing that you could die at any moment. So, why now are you afraid? We'll survive each day as we did before, that I can promise you"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: April 22, 2012, 01:46:05 pm »

"I appreciate the words Jaxler. I'm just scared because I feel as though my own potential could be wasted in death before I put it into helping Dawnpick. When the times comes, when the Rainbow's lay siege to us, I want to stand on the front line next to my friends and comrades and help give my all to keep Dawnpick safe. Or I would build a giant retractable sky bridge that would send all the invaders plummeting to their deaths. Either option works for me." Granite says.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 22, 2012, 02:28:14 pm »

"Granite, If you spend your potential killing then you are wasting your potential..."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:09 pm »

"What if I used my potential building things that could kill stuff? Like the sky bridge of death for instance." Granite responded. "Or what would you prefer I put my potential into?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 22, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »

"Put your potential into something that makes you that ponies won't haft to kill anymore."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 22, 2012, 02:37:35 pm »

"So I should put my potential into making world piece? Is that even possible?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 22, 2012, 02:48:41 pm »

"World peace is impossible, but it would still be nice to see ponies try to make things more peaceful."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 22, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »

"But it would be to no avail. Sure, I could get two countries to stop fighting, but give or take a few months and they'll go right back to it. I would rather spend that time protecting those I care about from the inevitable onslaught of bandits, beasts, and all the other crap that's tried to kill us before."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 22, 2012, 03:04:10 pm »

"Then protect them, but once the threat is gone work towards creating a place where you will never have to protect anyone ever again."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 22, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »

"So isolation? And what about the sky bridge of death?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 22, 2012, 03:16:13 pm »

"Granite... isolation could work, but it would be better if we could learn to live with each other. it would be better if we could learn to live each and every race and kind of pony. If we could learn to live with the diamond dogs, griffins, zebras, and buffalos. If we could just put a knife in our pride and realize that we all are equal instead of letting primordial hatreds pin us agents each other in the fields of slaughter."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:19:07 pm by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 22, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

"Okay Jaxler, and if you were in charge of a country and you figured out which nation destroyed your home town, what would you do? Also, I really want to build that goddamn sky bridge now."
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 239