Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 235912 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2012, 09:23:20 pm »

Jaxler looked over to his cutie mark and said inaudibly "70 years gone by and I still haven't a clue what a dagger over a cog means", he stops and looks to his captain's face and realizes that his captain is trembling along with him. He looks around and regains his resolve and says "why look at this, here we are an entire squad quivering at our own graves." Jaxler moves further into the room and takes a seat on his coffin and says fearfully "a good soldier can walk into the pits of hell and back, so why should and empty grave stop us in our tracks".
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:51:27 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:00 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2012, 07:09:49 pm »

Jaxler responds by saying "your right" he then gets up and says "this place is starting to get a little bit too depressing. why don't we head over to the meeting hall?"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:31 pm »

((I'm using a repeated strange sound from a monster introduced last update.))
While some of the guard-ponies converse in the tombs, Powder Miner is in the meeting hall trying to steady his nerves. The sounds of the strange monsters in the cavern had been setting him on edge recently, and the repeated sound of a rocky thump (he recognized it from earlier) today had worked him into a panic. He simply didn't know what he would do if one escaped. It'd pound him into dust, and frankly, was terrifying to even think of. Explained why he wasn't managing to steady his nerves.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2012, 03:22:12 am »

Update should come tomorrow.  thetyler101, I gave you one of the farmers (don't recall who right this second), but it seems okay for the priest to tend the fields when he's not busy.  You can play it off as him just arriving if you'd prefer.  He's also in his own squad, no weapon and a little armor under his robes.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:20:54 pm by Omicega »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »

Arbalest was happy. Good happy. Sound good. Catapult good. Then miner (Arbalest not know name) with colour hair come in hall. Miner shaking. Not good. Bad. Scared. So Arbalest walk to miner and say "What bad scare you?" Arbalest good nice pony like that. Something hurt head. But miner no notice. What hurt? No blood. That good. Arbalest listen to miner response.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »

One of the ponies... uhh... Arbalest, Powder Miner thought his name was, went up to Powder Miner and said something a bit strangely, but Powder Miner could decipher it. He wanted to know why he was scared. "There are.... monsters down there. They're making sounds and are just terrifying. I'm getting scared even to go down there. I mean, the caverns they're in are sealed up nice and tight but..." Powder Miner's voice trailed off.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2012, 04:39:55 pm »

Ow ow ow! Long word make Arbalest head hurt! Like other hurt!

Miner was bad scared of monster sound. That made Arbalest sad. He like monster sound. Help him sleep.

Arbalest no know how keep miner happy and monster sound. Wait! Arbalest know!

"Why not chop ear off good? Then no sound!"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »

... ... ... ..."Because... then I'd be deaf. And it would hurt."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 24, 2012, 07:18:31 pm »

This miner too hard help. Maybe help with catapult. Catapult always help. Catapult help everything. Catapult make all good.

"What about catapult? Make bigger noise. No bad scare!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »

This Arbalest was a little... weird, Powder Miner decided. And then Arbalest spoke again.
"Catapul-... Hmmmm......."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 24, 2012, 08:04:45 pm »

See? Arbalest smart. Catapult good. Arbalest know all. Except with Boo. Boo help him. Boo best midget giant space hamster. More smart than Arbalest. Now to set big catapult. Time see leader. Get big catapult acceptance.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »

Virtue is sitting in her office, humming quietly to herself as she picks through the last of the day's paperwork.  More production orders for lots of things.  Got to get back on the moat... and build more housing...

She looks up as a blue unicorn enters her office.

"Oh, Arbalest?  How can I help you?"
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »

Virtue good pony. Good leader. Not more good than Boo. But good.

Arbalest know how ask big catapult. Ask like this.

"Big catapult? Please?"

Work every time Arbalest need big catapult.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 239