Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236275 times)

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2235 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:07 am »

Sarissa groans.

"Do I really need to spell it out for you? You're a drunkard. Plain and simple."

Kat comes into view, though Sarissa does not realize why she is there.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 03, 2012, 01:13:37 am »

"You'd be a lot better off if you learned how to criticize ponies without insulting them like a jackass."

Just as Jaxler finishes responding to Sarissa he realizes that they are close to the keep and that Kat was sitting outside the building in full uniform, which was strange.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:31 am »

She rolled her eyes, "I just call 'em as I see 'em, Jaxxy. I say more ponies should have the backbone to do the same."

Sarissa motioned to Kat, "Is Lady Virtue still in her office? I've done my duty as requested of her."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 03, 2012, 01:21:35 am »

Kat waved slightly to both of them before answering Sarissa "Yeah, Lady Virtue's still inside. She seems nervous.. i wonder what's up."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 03, 2012, 01:23:10 am »

Jaxler gave Sarissa a nasty glare. he then walked up to the keep's door and knocked on it.

"AYE VIRTUE, WE'RE HERE"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 03, 2012, 01:25:07 am »

Her heart skips a beat as the moment arrives.  She paces back to her seat and takes a moment to even her breathing. "Come in," she calls, trying to keep her voice level.  This probably wasn't going to end well.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 03, 2012, 01:29:45 am »

Sarissa enters the room as requested, although she does not take a seat. This was probably a matter strictly between Virtue and Jaxler. Besides, it may be best to guard the door, just in case anypony else might come in and interrupt them. Sarissa liked to be on her feet often just in case there is a need for rapid reflexes.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 03, 2012, 01:31:54 am »

Jaxler walked in, and took a seat.

"So... Virtue, what exactly is it that you want to talk to me about?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 03, 2012, 01:35:22 am »

Virtue nervously taps her hooves together, wishing in the time she'd spent thinking up to this point she had an easy way to break this to Jaxler.  Worse still, she'd completely forgotten she asked Sarissa to come inside too.  She'd have to say this where Sarissa would hear it... what to do?  Guess there was only one thing...  "Well, it's... um..."

She slides the paper across to him.  Motioning to it.  "...this came in the mail bundle with the last caravan..." she began, hoping she didn't have to connect the dots for him out loud.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 03, 2012, 01:52:05 am »

Jaxler started reading the paper and as soon as he realized what the document was he about panicked. Jaxler's body froze and his eyes turned to little tiny dots when he came to the realization that he practically walked into a trap. He had no way to escape for there where two armed ponies on ether side of the only exit. All he could do was sit there.

"What... I... what the hell do you plan on doing to me?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:53:44 am by jaxler »

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 03, 2012, 01:54:44 am »

Taking note of the unusual change in Jaxler's mood, Sarissa twisted her face in confusion. What had been on that paper?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 03, 2012, 02:01:14 am »

She chews her lip indecisevly for a few moments.  A good question.  "I... I don't know.  I suppose I should first ask... is this true?  And is that about you?  Am I making a mistake?" she asks honestly.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 03, 2012, 02:10:09 am »

"I can't answer that question."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 03, 2012, 02:17:05 am »

She lowers her eyes.  That's all he had to say.  "I... see... I suppose that means that it is true."  What now?  "Jaxler... if... if this is true... then... I'm not sure what I should do..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 03, 2012, 02:20:42 am »

"If at all possible, I'd prefer to keep my life"

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 239