Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236266 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2145 on: March 30, 2012, 07:13:32 pm »

hmm well, with the lowerd price its 1 bit per bolt.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »

"Oh, then I'll take 50."

Jaxler then took out fifty bits.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:49 am »

(The seventeenth day of Galena in the two-hundred-fifty-eighth year of the Mythic Age)

I hollowly scream as a feign mute, trampling my hoofs into the Highwood bed to muffle my exhibited seething. Jumping down from the jumbled furniture where I rest my head at night, to the rough cinnabar floor causing it to sound out in protest. I sneak with my barrel almost causing friction with the floor; I reach my destination under the green-glass window. The glass was true to its name as around the edges of the acacia wood frame, the glass was an opaque lime tint but nearer the center, it allowed light through and with that sight.

The copper coat mare crept from below the window frame and peered out with ears swept back.

Look at them unaware of the spy that dwells among them, how she watches their every action and if willed their very thoughts. If the Unicorn were a emissary of evil, oh what malicious she could sow. Her brains grasps many spells, one such would allow her to slowly let seep the mercury in the cinnabar floors, no-pony would be the wiser as they slowly turned insane. “Oh, Master why you imparted such vile intellect into my psyche?” I muffled the words. Ponies strolled on the shale road outside my quarters, which lays on the ground level, and that is how I desire it… for now.

She sets on her romp further from the window, anger building and falling with every deep inhale and exhale.

Why the Crown seen to propel me on this mission was no puzzle but why the clandestine nature? For these five years in Dawnpick, I was to live as impostor among good ponies before those years, three more traveling the kingdom as some mock regal engraver. I would achieve anything for the Princess and King; my will is their will… but this causes my heart to smell of brimstone. Sometimes the lies become the reality and the truth becomes a cadaver. “I am not some Common Cuckoo.” More words subdued by my lips.

A telekinetic field envelops a wild strawberry kist at a bed’s end and levitates a few centimeters from the stone floor. The mare aims for the window for a moment and lets the magical field explode; clunk goes the trunk on the vermilion ground. The Little Pony drops her rage like the red chest.

It has been decades since I was a filly, not today will I throw a tantrum akin to one. I chose how to act and feel, not the aristocratic, they may have dealt me these cards but I decide how to play them. I am going to canter right into the baroness’s office and inform the truth… “Horse-apples, I did not consider that far.” I utter under a short groan. I pad to the green glass portal to my room, stopping short so I get my full reflection in its gloss. Returning to my rump, my fore-hooves land in front of my muzzle. “My Lady Virtue, I am a Pretty-Pretty Princess. My father’s duchy is contesting for Dawnpick and the Crown favors him.” I mouth into the polish glass.

The mare breaks the harebrained act and returns her hooves to the floor; she turns as she gets up to walk over to the Highwood cabinet on the other side of the window opposing the bed. Laid atop it was the source of the Unicorn’s paroxysm, an inconspicuous envelope bearing only the Little Pony’s alias.

With my magic, I warm the sealing wax enough just to open it with telekinesis and remove its contents; then melt another seal. Reading the encrypted writing twice, faintness replaces my vexedness and I plop against the wall, I coo: “Oh, my King if not for your lover’s heart, I would kiss much more then your hoofs next time I depart.” Angst soon returns to my mind as the concept of telling the truth now would be arduous. “Our will be done.” I sigh.

The mare puffs her unkempt goldenrod locks from her emerald eyes and gets ready for an audience with her Baroness. She acquires a royal rope reed manuscript along with other documents from a hidden compartment in the floor under her kist. To claim her birthright she had to bring poof… even if they were royal sponsored forgeries that bear the real imperial seal.

Oh, what garb would be fitting; uncolored peasantry cape-like jacket and flounced skirt was just right for the cooler weather at summer’s conclusion? “Any pretext to cover my flanks.” I say, peering into the poor mirror sheen of the green-glass door as I don the attire; paisley pattern shawl replaced with a similar ornate saddlebags on my back. Whimsical, how the nobility espouses the customs and costumes of other parts of the realm, even from outlandish lands. Such as covering the cutie mark; concealing two or more limbs under an uncountable layered dress and even slip in a heinous corset.

The Unicorn mare retches at the notion of herself in a corset. She levitates the documents into her bags and trot to the door undoing a hidden imbedded lock within the glass that only magic can contact. Subsequent she departs her room, behind her the door closes and relocks. She enters a masquerade of both blissful and magical ignorance. The mare steers her path, as not to avoid anypony on the road on her face is the expression of a goal.

Distractions from ponies are normal just make acquaintances; do not elongate into a chat and press-on if they move along. Past the paranormal perpetual motion water will; avoid the bloodletting infirmary; the sock filled guard captain’s office and finally the marble peel tower glinting in the midday sun. I should have trotted around more to clear my mind; I break into a sweat worthy of summer. My right hoof ascends and clops against the marble door. “I am vassal Kiln Kurollodel; I seek audience with Baroness Virtue if she wills it.” My voice vibrates the door more so then my hoof.

The Little Pony’s brain works akin to a duel processor formulating and organizing at light-speeds but it does her no good. The same conclude comes up and she may attempt treason today; why necessary the truths be treason and fabrications the edict. Worse yet was her actions already foreseen and she cannot leave this game until her death. Now the mare recalls her revulsion for politics.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:14:42 am by Psalms01 »
Victoria intus Amicitia; Amor et Patientiam; Salve ad Armentum.
-Psalms01, your Adoring Omnidimensional Overlord.
> Dues Ex Magma!
> "Nah, we're fine. We have too much food anyway, bad thoughts from seeing vermin never killed nopony, refuse stockpile is less clogged, and cats are safely tucked away in a cage." -Maklak
> Dwarfy Proverb: "Every-dwarf grows there beard to different lengths."
> Psalms tries to type, but the words are deflected by the Google Docs' +broken code+! -Telgin

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 31, 2012, 12:26:15 am »

Virtue looks up from the stock records she was attending to as somepony knocks at her door.  "Oh, of course!  Come in," she calls to whoever it was.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 31, 2012, 12:36:36 am »

The copper and goldenrod mare push the door open and closes back as she enters. Her joints and nerves leak her nervousness in crackles and pops but she soon is consume in a cool claming breeze by her effect on the door.

“Baroness; thank you for allowing my presents.” Amor pronounces with newfound strength as she walks to Virtue’s desk. She bows out of respect before the gray tint mare.

“Can I set myself down? This may take a long time…” The Unicorn looks away for a second fearing her Virtue's eye would read her falsehood before she could let free the truth.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:15:08 am by Psalms01 »
> Dues Ex Magma!
> "Nah, we're fine. We have too much food anyway, bad thoughts from seeing vermin never killed nopony, refuse stockpile is less clogged, and cats are safely tucked away in a cage." -Maklak
> Psalms tries to type, but the words are deflected by the Google Docs' +broken code+! -Telgin

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 31, 2012, 12:42:05 am »

Virtue nods and motions for her to take a seat.  "Of course, what did you want to talk about Kiln?"  Something seemed to have the mare spooked.  Virtue sighs mentally.  She was hoping to avoid more stress, but if it was something she could help Kiln with, she'd do what she could.

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 31, 2012, 12:56:44 am »

Amor sighs as she acquires the seat that Virtue motions to…

I return eye-contact and think a flash of a thought and recollect my will power to confront the Baroness. One does not simply tread on the trust of others, but after such tramping how to re-establish it before it is lost. “Baroness, what is it that compels ponies to lie?”

My tongue click against the roof of my mouth but my awareness of this habit causes its sound to not leave my jaws. How much her words could harm me now and she has no clue, how much mine are going to also hurt me too. I drop the formalities fully and adopt a more comfortable pose; more her sake then mine. “Also, Virtue what do you sincerely think of liars?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:15:25 am by Psalms01 »
> Dues Ex Magma!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 31, 2012, 01:01:33 am »

Virtue's expression grows concerned, despite her best efforts.  "I... well, I suppose there are a lot of reasons for that... and..."  She looks away briefly before returning her eyes to Kiln.  What did she mean by that?  Was she about to lie to her?  "Well... I don't like the idea of lying to anypony... but... there are things sometimes... that are best kept from others... for one reason or another..."

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:51 am »

Virtue’s words turn to arrows in the copper mare’s mind and fly towards the Unicorn but all are off their mark… or did they hit just find.

“Virtue, in my experience I can read lies and dodged questions. If you expect others to be truthful with you then you must be truthful in return. Please enlighten me to the truth?” I huff but keep my cool. Why does she dodge my questions? I want to be candid; can she not see that in my eyes? I tilt my head and stare like one of her foals would.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:15:39 am by Psalms01 »
> Dues Ex Magma!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:14 am »

Virtue sighs almost impercepibly.  "What I said was true.  To put it... bluntly... I don't like lying or being lied to.  But I do see its purpose.  Sometimes lying is the least... bad... option, when there are no good ones.  That is how I truly feel.  Why, what troubles you?"

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 31, 2012, 01:32:22 am »

I setup with my docks in the stool and in contemplation I clap my hooves together slowly as not to make a resonance. Hearing the words of Virtue as they sound of glass in my ears, the Baroness’s words may be what I want but not what I should receive. “We… I have been living a fabrication for the last eight years. Five here doing very little nothing but evading ponies and spying; three more on journey around the kingdom even past the great seas as royal engraver but once more as a spy.” I say but the words hollow my heart.

I must say more, no I will. “What do you have of me? What of my thoughts? I wish only to live in the light of the truth. There are no reasons of my own to sow such lies…” My forces drops and I slump with the conclusion that I am the very thing I hate… a shadow among shadows. “…but it was my will.”
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:15:51 am by Psalms01 »
> Dues Ex Magma!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 31, 2012, 01:39:39 am »

"A... spy?"  Virtue feels her spine ice over.  For who?  Who would spy in Dawnpick and why?  "Kiln... a spy?  Wh...why?  For who?  Why here?"  She pauses.  "And... you want to live in the truth?  Do you mean you don't want to be a spy anymore? Or..." she trails off, eyes wide.  "I... I'm sorry, this is just so much to take in..."

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 31, 2012, 01:54:51 am »

I set back up slowly and seize control of the situation. “Forgive me Virtue, I am better at these things then I may appear but you have this effect on ponies. Understand I gave-up my rights to an identity; most of all friends and numerous others privileges. It was all for the right ponies but not the right method; we could have avoided deceit…”

So not to provoke my Baroness I motion to my saddlebags. “May I show you a manuscript that may ease your fears?” I move in such a way to allow Virtue full sight of the contents in my bags before removing the over elaborate document. When she allows me I shun the use of my magic and physically remove it myself gifting it to her on the desk.

Here the Artifact "Cedebat Sanguis per dux" (Duke by Blood Forgery) there are only two like it. The paper is Masterfully made from rope reed thread; adorn with Exceptional script in Sliver barb black dye that pertains to the nature of Amor Kurollodel as Duchess over the land-holds that Dawnpick occupies. The sovereign Coupledye hoof-shoe sigil relief embellishes the middle of the paper. The Pink Lemon symbol of The Meandering Gloss with prostrating ponies is within the relief.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:16:04 am by Psalms01 »
> Dues Ex Magma!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:12 am »

Virtue reads the manuscript slowly, taking in the enormity of what it says.  "Kiln... or... Amor?  Is... is this true?  Are there really other claimants to these lands?  From... your family?"

Psalms01

• Bay Watcher
  • The last Übermensch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 31, 2012, 02:24:30 am »

I peer at Virtue in her analysis; does she buy it? To stake her intelligence Virtue must believe it; the manuscript is very much genuine but not fully so in context. My tongue returns to its clicking; then I hold off my habit as I listen to the Baroness’s words. She reads at express, I give her that. “N… yes my family declare Dawnpick and so does two others houses. But we have yet to place even a count. …I wish to go by Amor from now on…” My voice betrays the lies; why in almost nine years does it do it now.

I would launch across the desk but I control myself; the truth is so easily turn aside. My ears swept back and I look down to the marble floor… I cast a shadow on its white surface. “I hold further secrets and even more lies… even now the truth evades us.” I look up as an innocent beast beaten by its livid master. “Do you want to hear them… even if it is treason?”
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:16:17 am by Psalms01 »
> Dues Ex Magma!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 239