Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236256 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2100 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:52 pm »

I look to his crossbow as well, finally seeing the wear it's taken in Jaxler's long journy.

"It's... been your only companion for so long... hasn't it?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »

Jaxler nods and adds "It used to be masterwork"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 26, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »

I try to think of something to say about the crossbow, but I know woefully little about them.

"It... um... must be pretty dependable?"

I try to shift the topic from the weapon and hope to lift the mood a bit.

"So... um, what do we drink... in the Valley of the Damned?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 26, 2012, 06:41:44 pm »

Jaxler shrugged "moonshine, I guess."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 26, 2012, 06:50:42 pm »

We talk and drink for a long while.  Well, I tried to talk a lot more than drinking, I can't hold my alcohol nearly as well as Jaxler.  I don't recall very much what we talked about after that, I woke up the next day draped over the ballista in the caverns with a splitting headache.  My first thought was for some water.  My second thought was to talk to some of the craftsponies around the fort.  Jaxler deserved to have his crossbow in proper condition.

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 26, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »

I claim Sarissa.

Eeyup.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:01:43 pm by Kryptid »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:16 pm »

I approve!  Welcome to the fort.  I'll set Sarissa aside for you.  The next fort update is probably not going to happen this week.  I left the save somewhere and won't have access to it until Saturday.  That should give everyone a chance to post anything that needs posting.

I'll see about getting the claimed pony avatars up and posted some time this week though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 27, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »

Flux' Journal

Today was fairly busy, Journal.  I talked with the bowyer about repairing Jaxler's crossbow, and it's going to be very pricy to do.  My meager savings won't be even close, even if I hadn't already had a plan for them.  I got a small steel ingot for the jeweler today, and they even had a lapis lazuli in my price range.  It's nothing compared to the jewelry Stiletto must be used to, but I hope she'll like the amulet I commissioned for her.

I wonder if the bowyer might take a trade for the repair work?  It feels a bit dishonest to have only payed 500 bits for it, then turn around and trade it for thousands of bits worth of repairs, but that crossbow means the world to him.  I'll at least ask.  I guess the worst the bowyer could say is no.

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 27, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »

Sarissa's Journal - 6th Galena, 258

Excellent! I got another chance to do what I was born to do today! The caravan of stripeys that showed up today was attacked by badger pony thieves, and I managed to kill one! Ha! How do you like that? I planted my axe right down the middle of his back! That'll teach him to interfere in our affairs! All other thieves better think twice before pulling a stunt like that. Tomorrow, I'll get to cleaning the skull so that I can add it to my trophy collection. Peeling away the flesh is not the most enjoyable task in the world, but the final result is more than worth it.

Well, that was the highlight of the day. I seriously need to get more sleep. I've been having those stupid dreams again. You know, back when I was filly? All of those other ponies making fun of me for my weight? I've come a long way since then, but my ideal figure still eludes me. Those few stubborn pounds just won't turn loose of my frame. At least now I've got the skill and weaponry needed to silence any of my critics if they dare make snide comments about my appearance!

Also, there seriously seems to be some problems here at the fort in regards to proper relationship etiquette. Apparently, one of our ponies had an adulterous affair with a stripey. Adultery is bad enough in itself, but with a stripey?! It's not natural. Our two kinds should not mix. Plus, there are other unwholesome rumors of unusual relationships going on around the fort. I just want to facehoof whenever I think about it. Why must I dwell among them?

On top of all of that, I was rather disappointed that our dear Virtue would give extra food to the stripeys. We don't need to spoil them with free luxuries produced through
our hard work. Who's to say they won't take advantage of our trusting nature and stab us in the back some day? They're a strange bunch, they are.

EDIT: I didn't really like the first way I typed it. I'm going to be using normal English instead. That's much easier.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:40:01 pm by Kryptid »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 28, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

High above Dawnpick, a beautiful and haunting melody can be heard upon the wind.  I stand on a cloud with Stiletto, playing for my Beautiful Love on the piccolo.  Her magic allows me to stay up here as I weave her song.  It starts calm and quiet, happy and beautiful, before slowly starting to become more hardened.  Soon, though, a happy harmony joins the melody, and takes on a joyous sound, dancing on the wind.  Eventually, the happy harmony fades, and the melody is lost on it's own again, slowly hardening once more.  Just as it seems the song might end, another harmony joins in, simple and caring, drawing the melody to again soften.  The simple harmony and beautiful melody uplift eachother, filling in chords and making each better.  The song ends with the harmony and melody almost dancing around each other, with just a hint of the first harmony joining in, almost watching over them.

As I finish, I lower the piccolo to smile at Stiletto, my Beautiful Love.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 28, 2012, 03:41:51 pm »

can i use this as castiron's picture? 
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 28, 2012, 03:57:55 pm »

yo bukitodinos, use this link if you want to get to the chat room were we plan scenes for dawnpick.

http://cbe003.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23Dawnpick&server=irc.mibbit.net

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:02 pm »

Stiletto had been enthralled by Flux's song, she had swayed to the sound of each note, carefully so as not to rock the large cloud they had found. Now her eyes fluttered open, and she smiles softly at her kindest love. With great care she embraces him with her forelegs and wings, kissing his neck and then nuzzling his mane.

"That was wonderful. You are so talented Flux. I am proud of all of the work you have put into this new excellence."

A wineskin filled with sunshine floats from her saddle bag to hovering in front of Flux, as Stiletto returns him to the surface of the cloud

"This was a wonderful idea, my kindest love."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 28, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »

I smile at Stiletto and accept a drink of Sunshine.

"Thank you, my Beautiful Love.  I... was hoping you'd like it."

I carefully put away the piccolo in my own saddlebag, and pull out something wrapped in a simple cloth.  I smile up at her as I present it, lost in her eyes.

"I, um, hope you like this, too..."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:32 pm »

Sure, you can use the image if you want.  Anyone who wants to use their own images for avatars are welcome to.  I'll try to get avatars done for Zearoth, Midnight and Oil Macepony as soon as I can, but I don't know quite when that will be.

The next fort update won't happen this week, so I'll try to get the avatars up when I post the update.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 239