Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236249 times)

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2010 on: March 24, 2012, 06:13:57 pm »

"Alright then Flux. What are we waiting for? Let me just say my goodbye's and I'll be off."

((end scene?))

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 24, 2012, 10:58:57 pm »

((Just a short scene with and from the IRC))

Jaxler was in the meeting hall sitting in his favorite seat. He had a barrel of booze and some food and was about to drink away another night of boredom when suddenly he saw a familiar militia pony walk by. "yo glaive"

Glaive notices a familiar sight, Jaxler next to a whole barrel of booze, but this time something was different. He was calling out to him. Glaive hesitated for a moment, what did the drunken guard want with him. They'd never really talked before. But he approached the table anyway. "Uh, hello Jaxler, what's going on?"

Jaxler sipped some of his booze "Well, I'm just sitting here and drinking some moonshine."

Taking a seat across from Jaxler, Glaive says, "So I see. Where's your drinking buddy? Little Granite not with you today?"

Jaxler :  "um, Granite's been trying to slow down on the drinking recently."

Glaive smiles when he hears this news. "That, that is very good to hear. He's shown up at the stables hungover more than once, when I was there helping out. I considered talking to his parents... anyway, how've you been doing?"

Jaxler shrugs at the question "I haven't been doing to good recently"

Glaive:   "Oh, I'm uh, sorry to hear that. Did you want to talk about it?"

Jaxler:   "sure, now you know how I'm second in command of the guard, right?"

Jaxler:   "Well, one of the new members is trying to snatch away my rank."

Glaive:   "Who would try and take your position? Why would they do that?"

Jaxler:   "Well Kat is, she thinks that I'm too much of a drunken mess to be second in command"

Glaive thinks, Kat might have a bit of a point, but Glaive thinks back, he can't remember Jaxler ever being too drunk while on duty, though, not being in the guard he couldn't be sure about that. "Well, uh, have you been drunk on duty before? I've seen you drinking after work sure, but you usually seem alert when your on the clock."

Jaxler though for a second "well, I think I've only been drunk while on duty about three times in my entire time serving under Partisan and only once while Kat was a member. though I do have tenancy to show about late and hung over."

Glaive:   "Well, if you don't make a habit of it, I don't think you'd have to worry about Partisan or Virtue demoting you. I know you do good work, and you've been around long enough, you deserve your position. Still, probably best, not to give them ammunition to use against you. Maybe, if you try to cut back on the drink, just a smidgen and show up on time from now on then you won't have to worry about what Kat is saying about you."

Jaxler took a swig of booze and said jokingly "If I cut back on drinking then bad things will happen"

Glaive:   "What do you mean by that? What bad things could come from being a bit more sober?"

Jaxler:   "No offense, but I really don't know you well enough to go into detail."

Glaive decided not to press the issue, it's true he didn't know the Pegasus that well. "I understand, I'll say no more of it. But still, showing up late and hungover, won't help your case to keep your position, you've earned your place, but keeping it might require sacrifices. You'd do well to keep that in mind."

Jaxler sighed "yeah I know, but I really shouldn't haft to.I mean it really just pisses me off that somepony new walks in and tries to steal /my/ position and that /I/ am expected to trust this pony with my life."

Glaive sighs "I can understand your frustrations. But have you confronted Kat about it? I mean, why sit here getting drunk about it, when you can go tell her, what you think of her trying to usurp your position? Or maybe go see the Captain, have you talked to him about it?"

"Well, whenever I talk to Kat we usually end up yelling at each other and if I talk to Partisan about it I'll probably end up sounding paranoid."

Glaive shrugs. "I guess so. Don't really know what else to say, Jaxler, other than that I'd rather have you in the position then Kat, or any of Stiletto's other friends."

Jaxler smiled "thanks"

Glaive stands, "Well Jaxler, it was nice talking to you, we should do this again, but I've got places to be. May the gods watch over your path."

Jaxler chuckled "if there are any gods"

Glaive considered saying something to the pegasus, but decided that now wasn't the time for that. "Good-day Jaxler." bids Glaive as he walks away from the table.

Jaxler waved "see ya later Glaive"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:05 am »

Jaxler woke up. He had a nasty head ache and had somehow managed to black out on top of a boulder. When he got up he scanned his surroundings and saw a barrel five feet off in the distance. Jaxler also noticed that his crossbow was a few feet away laying on the ground. He stumbled over and picked it up scanning it for damage when he realized it was unharmed he sighed. Now knowing that his crossbow was unharmed he looked up and saw a young foal was hopping his way.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:26:03 am by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 25, 2012, 12:48:50 am »

Friesden was hopping around the fortress. Ever since she'd seen one of the cute little bunnies, she'd decided she wanted to be a bunny. Hop hop hop.

In front of her was a big stallion, and she stopped hopping. "Um, mister? What's your name?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 25, 2012, 12:55:10 am »

Jaxler looked down at the foal who had just hopped in front of him. "There's no need to call me mister and my name's Jaxler Blackflutes. may I ask what yours is?"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 25, 2012, 12:57:31 am »

"Okay, mister Jaxler Blackflutes." Friesden hopped a couple of times on the spot. "Meow, meow."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 25, 2012, 01:06:23 am »

Jaxler tilted his head in confusion "I'd prefer if ya just called me Jaxler and um... why are you going meow?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 25, 2012, 01:10:46 am »

"I'm a bunny, silly!"

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 25, 2012, 02:48:31 pm »

I run up, panting a bit and stop next to Friesden. "There you are! I was worried... please don't just wander off like that Friesdizzy..."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 25, 2012, 03:27:21 pm »

Friesden deflates a bit. "Oh...Okay, almost-dad...sorry..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 25, 2012, 03:39:46 pm »

Jaxler was surprised that glyph seemed oblivious to his existence "Um... glyph."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 25, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »

I jump a bit looking up at Jaxler. "Oh! Sorry... I was so glad that Friesden was alright I didn't see you... guess I should pay more attention." I give Friesden a hug. "It's okay Friesden... I'm not mad, I just didn't know where you went, so I got nervous."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 25, 2012, 03:45:17 pm »

"Okay!" Friesden hops a bit more. "Meow, meow."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 25, 2012, 03:50:38 pm »

"um Friesden, you know that bunnies don't go meow, right?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 25, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »

"I don't know what sound bunnies do make. Meow meow!"
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 239