Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236232 times)

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1905 on: March 18, 2012, 03:02:34 pm »

"No, the thief ran away, but the asshole badger pony did manage to come out of nowhere and kicked me straight in the kidneys! And he was wearing some dumbass brass horseshoes he probably got when he was having his midlife crisis!" I glare at Jaxler.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 18, 2012, 03:13:20 pm »

Jaxler walks into he hospital following Panacea and Granite

"Well, I guess I'm gonna haft to make sure that I start killing those thieves." Jaxler then tried bending his leg, he was a surprised when I made a strange popping sound. "em... Panacea should that worry me?"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 18, 2012, 03:19:25 pm »

Yes, that should worry him, but she'd learned long ago that keeping ponies calm was half of the fight when it came to this sort of thing.  Although he seemed to take mortal injury with stride.  She trots over to his wounded leg and gives it a close look.  "It doesn't look that bad... looks like the blade missed the bone."  She motions for him to get on a bed and gives him something to drink.  "Here, take this, it'll ease the pain."

As she begins to examine and clean the wound, she says to Granite, "How are you, dear?  Are you dizzy or do you feel sick?  If you get sleepy tell me immediately.  I'll get something for you in just a second."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 18, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »

"I feel relatively fine Panacea. The only thing I have is just a mild headache and maybe some bruises from the kick. I guess I'm slightly dizzy, but that's about it..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 18, 2012, 03:36:30 pm »

"so... my knee isn't too messed up, right? And what exactly do I do about my wings being Sprained?"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 18, 2012, 03:42:26 pm »

"No, I think it'll be fine.  The joint is pretty strained though, it's almost like somepony dragged you by it.  It's not dislocated though, so it'll recover."  She finishes cleaning the wound and starts to suture it.  "If you just sprained your wings, they should recover on their own in a few days.  Just try to lay off flying as much as you can, it'll delay the healing."

As she finishes stitching the gash, she grabs a small bottle and gives it to Granite to drink.  "Here you go, dear, drink this.  It'll help keep you alert.  Now, let me take a look at you..."  She gently runs a hoof down his side near the bruise.  It was a bit warm, as she expected a bruise would be, but it didn't seem any worse than that.  "Does this hurt a lot?  Deep down?  Does anything feel funny?  Tingling?"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 18, 2012, 03:52:03 pm »

"It doesn't hurt that much, definitely not deep down. And I don't feel anything funny, just someone poking me in the side..."

I look over to Jaxler. "Man that thief was an ass; kicking a poor, defenseless foal in the gut!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 18, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

"Ya wanna hear something funny panacea? The damned thief stole my crossbow and broke the string after shooting me with my own crossbow. I'm amazed the damned thief was stupid enough to drop the damned thing."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 18, 2012, 04:08:19 pm »

She smiles and stops prodding him needlessly.  "That's good.  It's just a bruise on the skin then.  If anything feels wrong, be sure to tell me right away, okay?"  She stows the things she'd been handling and adds, "I should go let your parents know you're here and what happened.  You'll be perfectly fine."

She pauses as Jaxler speaks up and gives him a concerned look.  The wound did look strange for a dagger stab.  "Oh my... you were fortunate then... I dare not think what will happen if they start bringing their own crossbows..."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 18, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

"Thanks for the checkup Panacea, I can let my folks know what happened..."

I listen in on Jaxlers line, and I put in my two cents... "But I do understand where the thief was coming from though, Jaxler. What would that worthless piece of crap of a wooden crossbow be worth on the market? Probably wouldn't even fetch a single bit..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 18, 2012, 04:20:27 pm »

"Ya, the thing has seen better days, but what kind of pony would I be if I just dropped my crossbow in a stockpile and let it rot. The thing has saved my life on many occasions and I trust this crossbow a lot more than any pony."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 18, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »

"I'm not saying it's a crappy weapon Jaxler, I'm saying it's a worthless eyesore that would proabably rot within a week." I snicker at him.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 18, 2012, 04:34:36 pm »

Jaxler really didn't want to get in an argument with a foal. He also knew that he couldn't really defend the quality of his crossbow.

"really, I'd give my crossbow about two weeks but meh, what do I know. Anyways Panacea, can I just get up and go or do I need to hang around a little bit longer?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 18, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »

"Oh, um..."  She thinks for a moment.  "You should be fine to go.  As always, let me know if it doesn't seem to be getting better, or if you think you're getting an infection.  You should try to take it easy for a few days, and it's going to take weeks for your leg to get completely better.  I'll send word to Partisan to let him know you need to be on light duties for a little while."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 18, 2012, 04:47:57 pm »

Jaxler was happy to know that he could leave now but just as he was about to get up and leave he noticed a pile of splinters over in the corner.

"oh that's great... why is there a pile of splinters over there?"

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 239