Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236213 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1770 on: March 14, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »

Jaxler watched as Falcata took Glaive out of the room. He would have picked up the piccolo but he knew better then to tamper with a crime scene. With this in mind he walked out the door and saw Flux weeping. He sat down next to him not really knowing what to to say.

"um Flux... I need to talk to you..."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:09:35 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:41 pm »

I raise my eyes to look at Jaxler, answering him almost emotionlessly as tears continue to fall.

"...Yes?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 14, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »

flux's reply and tears made Jaxler a bit discouraged, but he maintained his composure.

"Flux, why was Glaive on the ground with a bent leg?"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 14, 2012, 09:23:20 pm »

I look away from Jaxler, but answer him.

"He tried to walk after I broke it..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 14, 2012, 09:29:17 pm »

Jaxler never would imagine that flux would act so violent unless he had a good cause.

"Please tell me that you were provoked by Glaive. I can't imagine that you would do this without a good reason."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 14, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »

My stoic demeanor starts to crumble as I talk.

"He said... s-some things.  I, um, told him to not s-say anything l-like that again or I'd m-make him r-regret it.  He s-said more things... so... so I... b-broke h-h-his l-l-leg!"

The walls crumble and I start bawling, my retelling of what happened being my final damnation.  I turn away from Jaxler, still crying, wishing he didn't have to waste his time on arresting me.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 14, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »

"What did he say?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 14, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

"H-h-h-he insul-sul-sulted Stiletto!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »

"Then you did nothing morally wrong in defending the honor of a loved one, but I'm afraid that I'm going to haft to arrest you for battery."

Jaxler was feeling sick to his stomach to be doing this to such a fragile pony and to make things worse he would haft to question Flux about the piccolo later on in the day.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

I take a few moments to try to get myself together before standing.  Head hanging, I prepare to follow Jaxler wherever he leads me.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 14, 2012, 10:16:18 pm »

As the two walk over to the keep the sadness radiating off of Flux becomes unbearable.

"You did nothing wrong in suckerbucking a jackass. I actually respect you more for doing so."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 14, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »

I give a small grunt in response, not really processing what he said for a moment.  Once it sinks in, though, it almost shocks me right out of my current depression.  My head snaps up and I give Jaxler a confused look, tears still dripping down my face.

"Wait, what?  But... you don't like Stiletto..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 14, 2012, 10:30:27 pm »

"Yeah, I don't like her, but you do. All you did was stand up for what you believe in, and I respect that"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:39:07 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 14, 2012, 10:41:58 pm »

I simply stare at Jaxler, unsure how to respond to that.

"I... um... thanks, Jaxler."

I give him a small smile before remembering that I am, in fact, under arrest and heading to somepony qualified to sentence me.  Looking at the keep, I swallow, wondering just what my punishment might be.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 14, 2012, 10:48:59 pm »

The two finally reached the keep. "Looks like we're here." Jaxler extended his hoof and knocked on the door.

"If it makes you feel any better, I can promise you That I'll try my best to convince Virtue to let you off with as little punishment as possible."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:51:23 pm by jaxler »

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 239