Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236211 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1740 on: March 14, 2012, 04:05:52 pm »

"Ah, no I can't say I have. Why don't you every play in the dinning hall Flux? Or out in the yard. Someplace where everypony could appreciate your talents? Dawnpick could use more entertainment."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 14, 2012, 05:00:58 pm »

"Um... because I don't want to get arrested?  I, uh, suppose I could play my lyre, but Falcata's really good with it."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 14, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

"Heh, well obviously I didn't mean playing this one, at least not without permission."

Glaive considers the other words Flux has just spoken. "Your Lyre? I thought that belonged to Falcata?"

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 14, 2012, 05:12:37 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:59:07 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:19 pm »

Glaive examines the lyre more closely then before. It was bronze and clearly very old, it's age had not been a surprise to him when he thought it had been Falcata's from all those years ago, but Flux had obviously had this one a long time. And it's craftponyship was excellent. And the sound it produced it was a wonderful piece of work.

Glaive turns to Flux, a serious expression on his face. "This instrument is a work of art Flux, but please I don't understand something, did you give it to her, or did you lend it to her, until she could get her own?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 14, 2012, 05:33:28 pm »

I consider for a moment.  After all, I never really specified if it was a loan or a gift, did I?  I glance to Falcata, still thinking. 

'It just... fits her, I think.'

I nod slightly to myself, decision reached.

"It's, um, hers now."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 14, 2012, 05:41:50 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:59:14 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 14, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »

Glaive glances back at the lyre, 'It's a bit worn, but it would likely still fetch several hundred bits at market,' thinks Glaive to himself, 'this is no small gift.'

Glaive has a brief look of sadness across his face. Before it turns to a more serious look. "Flux, I'd like to talk with you alone for a moment. Care to take a walk outside?" Glaive asks, with no hint of a question in his voice, while already standing to open the door.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 14, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:59:22 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 14, 2012, 05:58:48 pm »

Glaive's 'question' seems anything but, so I stand to follow him outside.  Falcata's reaction, however, startles me into backing into the wall.  I nervously glance between the two of them, getting the feeling that things are about to get very awkward indeed.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »

Glaive tenses as Falcata speaks and then sighs, with his head still facing the doorway, Glaive just says, "Falcata, I love you, but please, I can't have this conversation in front of you. Please stay here. I'll be right back....I promise I won't hurt him. We're just going to talk."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:24 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:59:29 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 14, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »

"Rahgahgahgah! Okay! We'll do it here."

Glaive turns and walks right up to Flux. Glaive stares Flux in the eyes and says, "Flux, I don't appreciate you showering my Falcata with expensive gifts. I don't know what your trying to get out of her but I can guess. I don't know what sick ideas that whore Stiletto has been poisoning your mind with, but Falcata and I want none of them. We aren't interested. And I don't want to find you in here again. Out!" He stomps his hoof hard on the floor with the last word.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 14, 2012, 06:49:50 pm »

I shrink away as Glaive approaches.  When he calls Stiletto, my Beautiful One, a whore, my eyes harden.  I stand as he finishes and fix him with my own gaze.

"It is /not/ an expensive gift, Glaive.  It's a meaningful one to a good friend.  My family got that harp made from the first bit of bronze I ever smelted.  I got my mark when they presented it to me.  When Falcata told me of her friend from her childhood, how she never played music again after he passed, I knew she had to have it.  She needed it more than me, and she still does!"

I lean forward, having to get on tip-hooves to look Glaive further in the eyes as I whisper to him.

"And if I ever hear you say something so vile about Stiletto again, I will find a way to make you regret it."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 14, 2012, 06:59:38 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:59:34 pm by Omicega »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 239