Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236205 times)

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1680 on: March 11, 2012, 07:03:59 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:16 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:41 pm »

Falcata's victory is cut short as she suddenly feels the gentle touch of her own axe's blade on her neck glowing faintly in Glaive's magic grasp. Glaive had pulled the axe around behind her back and caught her unawares. They had each other at each other's mercy.

"Sorry dear, but I guess this time it's a draw. Maybe next time."

The smuggest grin Falcata had ever seen beams across Glaive's face.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: March 11, 2012, 07:24:24 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:20 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: March 11, 2012, 07:36:50 pm »

Glaive takes a second to recover after being hit in the face. After making sure his jaw was still in the right place, he levitates the axe around to give it back to his beloved, and sure enough it is her own weapon.

"Indeed it is my dear. You let it go but I still had a grip on it. And I don't apologize for 'cheating.' One day you may have to fight a tentacle pony, or an Underlord, or something else with similar powers, and I couldn't let you be unprepared for that. Besides, without my magic I wouldn't be a match for you and you wouldn't have had nearly as much fun."

Glaive is clearly tired and out of breath from the sparing and rests his head back on the ground, looking up the sky above, while Falcata is still sitting on his chest.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: March 11, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:26 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: March 11, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »

"Aw my jaw will be fine, although, hehe, a few more kisses might speed it's recovery."

The two ponies relax in the grass cuddling up to each other and looking at the sky, watching the clouds lazily float by. They are still in their armor in the same spot where they tumbled together minutes ago. Glaive speaks, "Falcata, what's it like? I mean being able to fly up among the clouds and the stars in the sky. You pegasi have such luck to be born with wings, while the rest of us are forever held captive by the forces of gravity."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: March 11, 2012, 08:15:54 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:29 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: March 11, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »

"I'm sure it is." Glaive thinks to himself for a moment, not sure how to explain the senses and feelings that sounded his magic. "Magic is, well, hmm...When a Unicorn is using their magic, they can sense the world in a whole new way. You can see the connections in everything around you, and by pulling on the different threads of fate you can change reality itself. It's beautiful to see how the whole world is intertwined like that. The heavens and the earth, predators and their prey, ponies to each other, and everything to everything else. It is difficult to explain. It's like trying to tell a blind pony what "red" means, or actually more like trying to describe a symphony to a deaf pony."

Glaive pauses for a number of seconds before adding, "My magic may not be all that great in the larger scheme of things, but I'd not trade it for anything in the world. Still, I do wish I could see the skies the way you do, at least once."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: March 11, 2012, 08:50:30 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:35 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: March 12, 2012, 02:40:03 pm »

Glaive ponders for a moment, "Yes, the Alicorns, they are truly blessed to have been born with both. Though for the most part, in my experience they either take their powers for granted, wasting away their potential, or act like just having wings and a horn makes them better than other ponies. Not that there aren't exceptions to that. And the earthponies, well I've been told that they have some more subtle magics, things to make their plants grow better and to better understand the rock they mine, or the trees they cut, but I still pity them. I can't imagine growing up and seeing your friends learn to fly, or to harness powerful magic, while you can only make the apples grow a littler bigger, or little faster, with months of effort and work. It must be hard."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: March 12, 2012, 02:55:56 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:41 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: March 12, 2012, 03:18:12 pm »

Glaive considers the implications of Pegasi being faster than Alicorns. 'Square cube law, affecting the ratio between mass and surface area of the wing? Or maybe Alicorns have denser bones like an earthpony creating a more dense pony overall? Probably both. Maybe ask Stiletto later, don't want to bore Falcata with that.'

Glaive's thinking is interrupted when he realizes that Falcata had just asked him a question.

"Well to be honest, it would probably bother me more if more of them really used it. As rare as Alicorns are, there's what one in all Dawnpick, combined with the fact that not all of them are really all that strong with their magic, they don't really rule the magic circles. A strong, or heavily practiced, unicorn can be much more magical then an average Alicorn. Still the strongest of Alicorns are beyond the powers of any unicorn. But, Unicorns have them beat in shear numbers. I suppose it doesn't much bother me, since I know their are a lot of unicorns more powerful than me. I know a few simple spells, and could probably learn more if I put my mind to it. But mostly I've just focused on using my telekinetic powers to help fight. Though if I had invested more time and effort into it and found I was still not as good as some naturally talented Alicorn, who worked half as hard for half as long, and that I could never catch up, I'd probably be envious. That's probably why a lot of ponies don't like them much."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: March 12, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:46 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: March 12, 2012, 03:50:08 pm »

Glaive detects the excitement in Falcata's voice and realizes what she is suggesting. Glaive sits up thinking for a moment before excitedly adding.

"A proper flight spell is probably beyond me BUT, unicorn foals for their first year or so sometimes get powerful magic surges, this can occasionally create a little flying incredibly powerful magic foal. Has driven more than one non-Pegasus caregiver insane. But that does prove it's possible to lift ones self with magic. I could probably harness something like that to make me seem lighter, at the very least. Then...we could... uh, fly together...if um...you'd carry me."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: March 12, 2012, 04:14:52 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:00:51 pm by Omicega »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 239