Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236178 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1425 on: March 06, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »

Jaxler was in the meeting hall, he had his diner, a nice barrel of booze, and was sitting in his favorite seat. He had finished a long day of patrol and target practice. The day was coming to an end and he was about to drink away another day of repetitive mundane boredom, when he saw an orange pony walk into the building.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:59:18 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 06, 2012, 05:04:09 pm »

I sigh as I enter the dining hall, having nopony to eat with tonight.  Glancing around, I notice the pony who saved my life in the caverns: Jaxler.  I shrug as I start over to him.

'Who knows, maybe he'd like some company, too.'

"Um... heya Jaxler.  Uh, want some company for dinner?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 06, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »

"Hay Flux. Sure, drinking is always more fun with company"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 06, 2012, 05:21:31 pm »

I smile when he agrees to my company, glad to not have to eat alone.  I quickly grab something to eat and a weak drink, then return.  As I stary to dine, I try to think of something to say to strike up conversation.  All I can think of, though, seems a bit rude to ask.

'Well... he's a pretty straight foreward pony, maybe he won't mind?'

"Um... Jaxler?  Why, uh... why don't you like Stiletto?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 06, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »

Jaxler slouched a bit. He really didn't want to think about alicorns right now, but he figured flux probably deserved some sort of reason for him disliking his marefriend. so he took a swig of booze and said "I don't dislike Stiletto I dislike alicorns..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 06, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »

His answer just confuses me more.

'They're a bit intimidating, but that can't be why he doesn't like them.  I don't think anything could intimidate him...'

I take another bite before carefully continuing the topic, hoping to avoid any potential pitfalls.

"Um... all alicorns?  But, uh, you haven't meet them all, right?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 06, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »

"Yes all alicorns and no I haven't met them all but I still have my reasons."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 06, 2012, 05:48:29 pm »

I nervously take another bite and another drink, finding the term 'liquid courage' to be a false one.

"Um... r-reasons?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 06, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »

Jaxler didn't see any reason to say anything, he just moved his hoof over to where his left kidney would be. he was pointing out his huge faded burn scar.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:07 pm »

My eyes widen when I realize what Jaxler is trying to say, but I can't help but keep talking.

"Um... but one alicorn being, uh... bad... doesn't mean they all are... right?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 06, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »

"Who said this damned scar was the only thing horrible an alicorn has ever done to me and who said that it was all done solely by one alicorn?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 06, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

I look away, unsure what else to say.

"Um... sorry..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 06, 2012, 07:08:22 pm »

"Don't be sorry it's not like any of this is your fault."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 06, 2012, 07:09:43 pm »

"Um... what... what happened?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 06, 2012, 07:15:21 pm »

"Please, I'd prefer not to talk about the event."

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 239