Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236169 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1380 on: March 05, 2012, 05:37:30 pm »

My jaw slackens as I watch Falcata drop, torn between worry that something might have gone wrong and awe that she looks so... confident while plummeting straight down.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 05, 2012, 05:49:20 pm »

Meanwhile, as Falcata is flying around overhead, Glaive is busy sparring with Commander Halberd. Glaive was far from untalented with his weapon, but the Commander was still his better, and it took all of the bearded unicorns concentration to keep up with him, if it wasn't for the Touch of Leaves he might not have been able to at all. But suddenly Glaive saw a white, red, and metallic steak through the sky and toward the ground very fast too fast, 'She's going to crash!' "Falcata!" he yells suddenly distracted. His momentary lapse caused a blow that Halberd had expected Glaive to avoid to smash into Glaive's head. Glaive twists with the blow and hits the ground. He is stunned, but his Chamfron has saved his life.

Halberd speaks, "Glaive! Are you okay?

Glaive manages to stand shaking his head trying to get his eyes to focus, and then frantically looks for any sign of his love.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 05, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

Stiletto stopped just under the apartment complex and looked up at Falcatas' fantastic display of air born acrobatics.

"I wonder if she would teach me that?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 05, 2012, 06:05:01 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:04:44 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 05, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »

Glaive stands awestruck of Falcata's skill. 'I can't believe she just pulled out of that. That was close. Scared me half to death.'

Halberd stands nearby, "Glaive? Are you okay? Can you hear me? Dammit I didn't mean to hit him that hard. Somepony fetch Panacea."

Glaive turns to Halberd, "No, that's not necessary. I'm okay commander. It's just a little bump. Let's get back to work."

The two Stallions return to their training, working harder than ever.

'I worry to much. She's not a little filly. She's a strong and graceful mare. I should put more trust in her abilities.'

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 05, 2012, 06:33:13 pm »

I applaud my hooves on the roof as Falcata pulls out of the dive, amazed at her skill and grace.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 05, 2012, 06:46:59 pm »

Stiletto looked on at Falcatas' daring dive and playful flyby. Right then and there she decided Falcata was definitely the one to teach her. There must be some technique that could help the massive amethyst Alicorn move fast enough to get to the fight before it was over. One problem though, all this bucking wieght she had strapped to herself made her even slower, no way could she hope to catch up with Falcata now, Unless... Stiletto darted around through the lower (relative to the sky) passages of Dawnpick and came out just to the left of Falcatas' flight path.

"Hello Miss Falcata! How are you today!"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 05, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:04:38 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 05, 2012, 07:00:58 pm »

"Yes, that was amazing flying there, you could give my instructor from the flight academy some pointers. I was wondering if maybe you might possibly be willing to teach me?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 05, 2012, 07:07:25 pm »

I wave back at Falcata, then start back down the stairs to meet her and Stiletto.

'Maybe they want to get lunch together?'

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 05, 2012, 07:10:56 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:04:33 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »

"It is true, the Deutschmeiner fly more like a dragon and not very much like a bird. Though I believe a talented teacher can train one to do anything."

Stiletto landed next to Falcata with a thump, those saddle bags bouncing and rattling with there load.

"I can use my magic to grapple but it will not get me to your side in combat. You look a little thirsty, do need any water?"

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:07 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:04:27 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »

Stiletto lowers the bucket in her mouth and places it next to Falcata, it was still mostly full.

"Drink up, I can get more from the well. It is fresh and I do not need to boil it, so I can get more fast... well not very fast. When do think we could start?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:29 pm »

I finish descending the stairs and make my way to Stiletto and Falcata, almost prancing in happiness at having seen the act of aerial skill.

"Hey Stiletto, did you see Falcata?  She was amazing!"

My growling stomach interrupts my praise of Falcata.

"Oh, um, right.  I was about to get something to eat.  Uh, do either of you want to join me?"

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 239