Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236162 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1350 on: March 04, 2012, 01:49:16 pm »

Responses to Maklak's suggestions below:

In general, I've got huge amounts of food and I way overproduce.  Time to start exporting some I think.  I need to rework my kitchen, food storage and cooking and my brewing operations to process some of my uncooked food.  I've also got to rework my leather industry, and all of the bones I have lying around.  Also got to get to work on getting some better quality gear for the soldiers.

I've already got a lot ready for the next fort update, so most of these changes probably won't make it into this one.  All good suggestions though.  I suppose I'm not doing too badly for this only being my third fort though.

Oh, and vkiNm, I'm going to fix Kat's hair as soon as I get a chance.  I haven't forgotten.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 04, 2012, 03:04:57 pm »

The music continues on at a slow tempo, the two instruments working in concert to produce long quavering notes, mournful and profound. To Falcata, it's as if she's gone back in time a good fifteen years. With her eyes closed and the music still thrumming all around, the aural illusion seems almost believable.

Stiletto sits down on her flanks to relax while listening to the pleasant music. The two beautiful harmonies working together quickly enthralling her. The peaceful melody enticing her close her eye and join in, but she waits for the two artist to finish their amazing performance. As the song draws to its' end, Stiletto raise her forehooves and claps them together

"lediglich unglaublich!"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 04, 2012, 03:11:19 pm »

I carefully take the piccolo into my hooves after the song ends and smile at Stiletto and Falcata.

"Um, yes.  Falcata, you're very good.  Um, if this is you rusty, I can't wait untill you get back on your hooves."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 04, 2012, 03:21:00 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:05:12 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 04, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »

As Falcata puts away my lyre, I carefully place the piccolo back in it's box.

"Um... Falcata?  W-Would you, uh, like to... keep the lyre?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 04, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

Stiletto gets back to her hooves and trots over to the cabinet where the two of them stand.

"That is very generous of you meine freundlichsten Liebe."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 04, 2012, 03:39:18 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:05:19 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 04, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »

I blush under the scrutiny of the two mares.

"Um... it's alright, Falcata.  I have, uh, had it for a long time, but... I think you need it more than I do."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 04, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:05:24 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 04, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »

A smile forms on Stilettos' face and places a wing over Fluxs' withers.

"Everything is much better now, is it not? Discovering excellence is always a joyous event. I will be waiting with great enthusiasm for your next concert."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 04, 2012, 04:22:55 pm »

I smile at Falcata, remembering how I felt when my family gave my that lyre so long ago.  When Stiletto places her wing on me, I lean into her slightly, feeling great contentment.

"So will I."

((And that is scene :) ))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:26:09 pm by Khenal »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 04, 2012, 06:04:31 pm »

I see the crundle's claw striking down at Jaxler and shoulder him out of the way. The attack bites into my foreleg, making it bucke for a moment, before I surge to my hooves and strike at the thing again. I sweep my axe at its side, cutting deep and knocking it over. "Jaxler, get Powder out safe, I can handle this."

Jaxler was angry that glyph acted like his shield. So he ignored his orders and walked up to the overturned crundle and stomped the things head in.

"I don't like it when ponies take my hits for me."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »

"Well too bucking bad. Come on, we should make sure Powder got out okay, there could be more of those things." I moves to follow Powder, my leg giving me trouble. I stomp it a few times, then put my weight back on it, limping only slightly.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 04, 2012, 08:53:48 pm »

Powder Miner cleared the boulder that he had let go of when attacked from the entrance. "*sigh*... Panacea is awfully busy these days."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 04, 2012, 09:03:16 pm »

Jaxler was following Glyph and noticed he was limping. "You should have let that crundle attack me, my armor could have taken the blow".
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 239