Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236147 times)

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1275 on: March 02, 2012, 07:52:11 pm »

((I am really behind and I missed the journal train. Oh and if you have time can you show Granite's relationships? Please Telgin? In the next update perhaps?))

Dear Diary,

I haven't wrote in you for such a long time. I lost track of where I left you and... well I found you. I've already lost track of time after the incident... I really pissed off that caravan and after looking through Virtue's diary I caused a serious dent in the economy. I hope nopony mentions that day anytime soon. I might make an appearance today, after Father finally released me from the prison known as the attic. I heard that Jaxler got really banged up in the caverns recently, I should of visited him, I've broken out of this god forsaken room so many times before it's not even funny. I think I actually learned how to pick locks in here, oh the memories.
I have another sister now. Great. Now I have two unicorn sisters. Does that run in the family or something? Or am I lucky enough to have the magical abilities of an earth pony, hah.
I haven't learned jack from Flux, but that's probably because I was locked in the goddamn attic for about, I don't know? Three? Maybe four months? Whatever. That punishment was way too harsh- wait, what the hell am I saying?! I could- and should- have lost a hoof for that or something! I should be thankful my body is relatively intact, I mean I severely pissed off a lasher! L-A-S-H-E-R! They are perhaps the deadliest type of soldier alive.
Oh Dawnpick is now on the map! Virutue is the baron... ette? Ess? Whatever, again. I probably bring shame to this town colony thing...
I bet everpony is ashamed of me. The only thing I ever gave to society was a very good reason to hate my guts. Ponies are going to glare at me everywhere I walk. "Oh hey did you see Granite? That drunk foal that put a massive dent in our economy? The foal that can't do anything right?! THE LESSER SON OF GLAZE AND CLEAVER!!!"

*the rest of the page is violently torn off, and there are a few damp spots on the page*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:35:28 pm by L1wW »

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:58 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:08:15 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 02, 2012, 08:40:25 pm »

:(  Poor Falcata.  That's quite the story, I hope things turn out better for her here in Dawnpick.  So far, not so good, eh?  At least she's got Glaive.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 02, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

I sit down as she finishes her story, dumbfounded at the tragedy she's had to endure.  I can't help but shed tears as I look her in the eyes.

"Th-There was n-n-nothing you c-could do, Falcata.  You are n-n-not a m-murderer.  I sw-swear I w-won't tell anypony.  B-B-But I do th-think you should p-p-play again.  I d-d-don't think he'd b-b-blame you, or w-want you t-t-to b-beat yourself up s-so much over a t-t-tragic accident, Falcata..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

I finally got to leave the attic for the stunt I pulled. I said goodbye to Brownie Bits and walked out the door. After about an hour of aimless wandering tears start to form. I breakdown in an alley and cry my eye's out. Two of the local bullies see me in my moment of weakness.

"Eey whassa matter wit' chu yah lil' foal?" The one to my right says.

"Yea wuts gotcha down yah crybaby?" His partner says.

They both laugh...

The one on the right pulls out a slicing knife.

I don't care what they do, I could be left dead in this alley and nopony would care...

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:27 pm »

Jaxler woke up inside an empty barrel of booze. he got out and found his crossbow was sticking out of the ground. he walked over and picked it up and scanned his surroundings, somehow he ended up in a dark alley and there appeared to be three figures off in the distance.

"Wha... shit, what the hell did he get himself into this time."

Jaxler put a bolt in his crossbow and flew as fast as he could over to the end of the alley. When reached his destination he found Granite in a pool of tears and two larger foals, one of whom had a knife. Jaxler then said without a hint of emotion "ya know, civilians aren't supposed to have weapons, you might poke your eye out" and pointed his crossbow at the knife wielding bully's head.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:04:53 am by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 02, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »

My life flashes before my eyes, out growing my favorite blanket, my first word, my first drink of alcohol, my second drink of alcohol, Brownie Bits' first words, my new sister...
Through my tears I see a red maned pegasus come out of a barrel and approach the bullies.
It's Jaxler! I thought, a single shred of hope came into my mind.
The two bullies run off scared as he raises his crossbow.

I momentarily pull myself together. "H-hey Jaxler. How was your day?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 02, 2012, 10:51:58 pm »

Well, Horrible. I wake up and see two dumbasses about to gut you like a fish. Now I haft to talk to there parents and inform Partisan that there was an attempted murder committed by two foals and then I'll probably haft to beat the snot out of em... are you crying? Don't tell me they hurt you.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 02, 2012, 10:59:54 pm »

"No they didn't hurt me." I get up.
"I was thinking and found myself in this alley, then they showed up. I thought about the short and crappy-ness of my life. That caravan haunts me to this day. I almost caused a war and I sure as hell put a dent in our economy! I am perhaps the worst big brother alive, I mean I have to be an example for Brownie Bits and Wisteria, I don't want to know what example I set. I pity their future if they follow it."

I pause and then it all comes out.

"I AM THE WORST CITIZEN OF DAWNPICK! EVERPONY IS ASHAMED OF ME AND HATES MY GUTS!!! AND I AM A FAILURE TO MY FAMILY!!!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 02, 2012, 11:19:57 pm »

Your not the worst. All you did was buck up, and trust me we all buck up every once in a while. You pissed off a caravan, and I walked past Barely two minutes before he gets decapitated. We all have our screw ups, it's not like your worse then everypony else.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:54:26 am by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 02, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »

"Okay, I feel slightly better now... I just made a mistake, only a mistake, it will go away eventually."
 I take a few deep breaths and I stop crying. "Thanks Jaxler."

"I'm going to wander aimlessly some more..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 02, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »

"fine, but remember I got the day off so if ya want to share a drink later just ask"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 02, 2012, 11:48:52 pm »

I feel more joyful when I heard Jaxler's response.
"You have the day off?! Why didn't you say so?! LET'S GO!!!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:24 pm »

"Great" and with that the two head off.
((end scene))

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 03, 2012, 04:29:25 am »

((Nevermind... just ignore this.))
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 239