Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236124 times)

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1155 on: February 28, 2012, 11:42:12 pm »

I walk over and stand next to Stilettos wing, nuzzling her leg. "It's okay... I'll be sure to listen close, and ask if I don't understand..."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 28, 2012, 11:52:47 pm »

I work slower than absolutely necessary to finish the last batch of steel, trying to think about the situation with Glyph and Stiletto.

'Sweet Celestia, I thought he was going to kill me!  And what is it that Stiletto's trying to tell us?  Why is he so upset about being an apprentice?  He's still learning, and she's got to be the best martial master in Dawnpick.'

I sigh as I pour the fresh steel into the molds for ingots, still not looking forward to meeting them outside.

"Well, no matter what I want, I'm off shift now.  And I can't just sleep in here..."

Dreading what lays beyond the door to the smelter, I exit to what may well be my doom.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:11 am »

"meine freundlichsten Liebe."

Stiletto wraps her wings around both Flux and Glyph. The bin move towards them under the power of her magic and book is retrieve by the same method.

"This is my picture book from my science academy days. It has many words and notes from that time, I wrote them down to understand and I was thinking they could help you understand."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 29, 2012, 12:35:59 am »

I flinch as Stiletto's wing wraps me, and try to inch slightly away from Glyph, though he's on the other side of her.  Her picture book, though, captures my attention, as does the potential to learn more about her.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:07 am »

"Really? You think so? I would love to learn more about you, and where you're from."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 29, 2012, 01:15:32 am »

The book flips the first page, there is a picture of a very young Stiletto dressed in well designed gray schoolfilly outfit, standing next to her is Brook, she was about a quarter Stilettos' size even back then. There is a drawing of a water lily under the picture.

"This was our first day, I found out what Brooks' favorite flower was that day, I drew this so I could remember it. Even then we knew, she was going to be my ganz besondere Liebe. Those where happy times."

Stiletto flips the page over. There is a picture Brook, Stiletto and a blue Alicorn with a blond mane, Stiletto is next to a river, Brook and the blue Alicorn are swiming.

"That is my brother Icberg, he was from my mother but not my father. He has always been a vulgar pony, showing his cutie mark to everyone. I love him, but well, I'll get to that latter. I really couldn't swim at all back then. So she grew closer to him."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 29, 2012, 01:19:37 am »

I feel a small bit of guilt when I see Brook in the book, still feeling a bit like I stole her kiss.

"Wait... showing your mark is vulgar?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 29, 2012, 01:40:22 am »

"Why yes, in my home land, you do not show your cutie mark. You are excel in the ways you show, and you are wearing clothing in public. It is rude, unless the area you excel in is, well vulgar, and Iceberg was one of the worst."

Stiletto turns the page to reveal a picture of Iceberg kissing Brook.

"I was too slow again."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 29, 2012, 01:52:39 am »

"Brook and...?  Oh, Stiletto..."

I gently nuzzle Stiletto's neck, hoping to help her through what must be a painful memory for her.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 29, 2012, 02:00:58 am »

"Wait, Brook? You knew Brook Stiletto?"

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 29, 2012, 02:24:06 am »

Stiletto nuzzles Flux back, then she nuzzles Glyph and hugs the two of them with her wings

"I knew her, I will try to say it in midpony, she was my most special love. Now, I thought I had lost here, Iceberg was quite frankly a better lover then me, nothing I could do to change that so..."

The next picture shows a much larger Stiletto standing on a pedestal with two other ponies bellow her. Stiletto is surrounded by trophies, the other ponies hold their heads high, they appear to be very proud just to be in the picture.

"I used my frustration, I made myself excel. I was die perfekte Vision von Krieg, as my uncle called me."

Stiletto flips through the book a few pages, mostly more pictures of her receiving awards, but she is alone in every picture

"I was alone though, nopony loves a monster like me."

She turns the next page and there is a picture of a very surprised Stiletto being kissed by Brook. Stiletto is completely red, even visible under her amethyst fur.

"Or at least that's what I thought." *Stiletto has a smile on her face and tears in her eyes.*

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 29, 2012, 02:26:47 am »

"I... I see. I'm sorry if I... brought up any bad memories... but..." I nuzzle Stiletto gently, trying to be some comfort. "I... I love you, no matter what..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 29, 2012, 02:35:20 am »

'Perfect Vision of War?'

I can't help but tear up as she shows the pictures of her achievements, but with nopony to share in them with her.  When she calls herself a monster, I stretch up to whisper to her.

"You are no monster, Stiletto."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 29, 2012, 02:44:20 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:12:11 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 29, 2012, 02:56:26 am »

"I thank you both for those kind words." *Stiletto kisses Glyph* "Mein kleiner Lehrling." *Stiletto kisses Flux* "meine freundlichsten Liebe. Memories can be good though."

She turns the page and there is a picture of Stiletto, Brook and Iceberg, and another Purple Alicorn with very long green mane. Iceberg is nuzzling the purple Alicorn. Brook stands under Stilettos' wing, they are all smiling 

"This was from my second year at the academy. Brook was Mein ganz besonderer Liebe. Iceberg was her den erfahrensten Liebe. The one on the end is Flair, he was Icebergs' kleiner Lehrling, and eventually mein wenig Liebe."
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 239