Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236122 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1125 on: February 28, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

I look wistful before returning my focus to Falcata and Stiletto, and the present.  I resume working as I tell my tale.

"Um, no, it doesn't.  My family are all entertainers.  They travel around, telling tales, singing songs, putting on plays and generally making ponies happy.  Um, I... don't handle crowds too well, so I never really performed.  I learned to sing and play some instruments, but... anyway, one day I wandered away from the troupe during a performance and found my way to the local foundry.  Something about the forgework just... captivated me.  Seeing ore come in and shining ingots go out, it just... felt like something I could do.

"Eventually, one of the forgeworkers noticed me, and asked me what I was doing there.  I asked if he could teach me, and he said he'd have to ask my parents.  They were surprised, but supportive of my choice.  I stayed there to learn, and my family visited me at Inkheart as often as they could.  I, um, have a lyre they made for me from the first bronze ingot I ever made."

Satisfied that the iron is pure now, I place a few pig iron ingots into the crucible so start making steel.

"That's... when I got my mark, actually.  When they gave me that lyre, I mean.  I... I was thinking about how I had seen this lyre when it was still two different ores, and I had... had made them better, together.  And then my family turned it into a beautiful instrument.  It... It meant a lot to me..."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:06:43 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 28, 2012, 07:33:45 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:10:46 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:12 pm »

"Oh my, she was quite nervous." *Stilettos' eyes light up* "Do you think maybe she was... interested, yes, that is the word... in you Flux?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:59 pm »

I watch Falcata as she hurriedly leaves, concerned that I may have said something I shouldn't have.

'Maybe she'd like to borrow my lyre?'

"Maybe, it sure looks like she could use another friend."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 28, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »

"I think maybe she wants you as wenig Liebe. I told you your skill would impress others."

Stiletto smiles and nuzzles Fluxs' mane.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 28, 2012, 08:33:55 pm »

'Something Love?  Wait, Love?!'

"Wait, what?!"

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 28, 2012, 08:35:56 pm »

I walk into the forge, looking to visit Flux. I manage to walk up just in time to hear him shout. "Flux? What what? Is something up?"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 28, 2012, 08:39:27 pm »

Stiletto looked up at Glyph and smiled

"Hello mein kleiner Lehrling. I was just telling Flux here that I think Falcata was interested in being his wenig Liebe, but I think he miss heard me."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »

"Those words again... umm... little... something and something love? Wait... you think Falcata would want to be his love?"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 28, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »

"This is much like how I feel ponies say Coltfriend or other Coltfriend. the closest midpony words are 'my little apprentice' and 'little younge small love'... they are oaths of love and relationship."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »

"Apprentance? So... I'm just a student to you?" Anger begins to creep into my mind, and voice. 'Student? I can keep up with her fine! I... I... I thought she...'

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:42 pm »

"Um, apprentices are not just students, Glyph.  I had to apprentice to learn smelting.  It's... like a close friendship, and the master passes on their unique knowledge of the subject being learned."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »

"Wait, what did I say? Just... no, your words are so, gah! I'm going to get my book! I will back in a little bit."

Stiletto trots off the her apartment grumbling about this impolite inaccurate language she had to learn

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 28, 2012, 09:29:29 pm »

I snort a bit, scuffing the ground with my hoof, mumbling to myself. "Student... friend... buck that... there has to be something..."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »

"Um... you alright, Glyph?"

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 239