Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236111 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1050 on: February 26, 2012, 03:31:45 am »

Stiletto places Jaxler down on the closest bed and then moves over to Flux

"You can help him? please tell me a was not to slow this time."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:40 am »

She looks at the badly wounded pony before her and fights to keep her face straight.  He was in very bad shape.  She didn't honestly know if he would live.  "Let me check him..."

The blood collecting in the corners of his mouth was a very bad sign.  He might have a punctured lung, or maybe if they were lucky a cut in his mouth.  She wasn't holding her breath.  Two broken legs, and a very bad cut on his leg.  At least it wasn't his femoral artery.  If it was he'd be dead already.  His wing looked broken too, and he had enough small cuts and contusions to last a lifetime.

She silently steps back, frowns slightly and grabs her supplies before setting to work.  First things first... control the bleeding.  She needed Wool for the internal bleeding, if there was any.  She wasn't much of a surgeon and she'd probably kill him trying to fix it the old fashioned way.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 26, 2012, 04:24:45 am »

Jaxler was waking, and had a horrible ringing in his ears. His stomach felt uneasy and his body still felt broken. He was on what appeared to be a cold stone table in a pool of blood surrounded by horrible looking instruments of evisceration. He tried to resist but was strapped down and couldn't move an inch. He moved his eye's up and saw a figure but couldn't make it out due to a bright light burning his face. As a scalpel got withing an inch of his chest he finally became lucid enough to speak.

"Shit... I always knew I'd end up in hell."

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:25:10 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 26, 2012, 04:37:28 am »

Panacea halts as Jaxler begins to wake.  Not good...  "Wool, he's waking up, could you help?"  The unicorn steps over and does what is needed: cast a sleeping spell on the badly wounded pegasus.  "Thank you."

As Jaxler drifts back to unconsciousness, she carefully sets to work with Wool's help.  He was still a bit fresh as a doctor, but as a unicorn he was invaluable.  She knew that medical spellbook would come in handy.  With his help the bleeding had been all but halted, and she was able to work on his torn lung with relative safety.  She slowly pieces the shattered ribs back together as best her meager surgical skills allow.

After nearly two hours of painstaking work, Jaxler has been sewn up and sutured everwhere needed.  He was in bad shape, but would recover with a little luck.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 26, 2012, 06:04:45 am »

The next day, I lay under a nice shade tree with Stiletto, snuggled up to her side with a wing over me.  Panacea had given me a few stitches over my withers for that cut, and a few bandages around my middle for the rest.  Stiletto has her muzzle in my mane, careful to not touch my wound as she enjoys herself.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:01 am »

As Flux and Stiletto enjoyed their comfortable moments together under the tree, a Mare approaches them. She's amongst one of the citizens of Dawnpick no doubt, one of the faces in the backgrounds. a Pegasi Mare with white coat, Black mane and Red eyes. She paused Half-way to them and gave herself another thought, they both seems so peaceful and happy, almost too peaceful for her to bare disturbing them. But an opportunity like this probably won't present itself again anytime soon.. She continued approaching.. "Hello there!" she called out to them once she's close enough, not wanting to startled them while being TOO close. Who knows what'll happen if they're jumpy. she wouldn't want to have an axe lodged in her skull anytime soon.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:35:22 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 26, 2012, 06:25:42 am »

Stiletto lifts her head and looks at pony approaching her and Flux

"Hello to you to. Is there something you would like?"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:43 am »

I open my eyes to see who's talking, and momentarily think it's Falcata.

"Oh!  Um, hello?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:45 am »

The Mare stood there for a moment longer, feeling dumb already. She Opened her mouth with a hoof up as if to say something, then shut it along with a hoof down... Then up again, then down. At this moment she's mentally kicking herself to say something already while biting her lower lips to think up something. "um.. how are you?" she finally said. It was more awkward than supposed to, and her facial expression was of 'damnit.. what a stupid way to start' although she tried her best to hide it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:36:02 am by vkiNm »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:29 am »

"I am very well today."

Nuzzles Fluxs' mane

"Any day with mien freundlichste Liebe is a great day."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 26, 2012, 07:06:27 am »

the intruding mare nodded, still seems uneasy. "um.. that's good. that's.. uh.. very good." she replied, pawing at the ground slightly with one of her front hooves, seeing them being all lovely and dovey still. Not that she mind. "i have a few.. uh.. questions that i want to ask.. can i sit here and talk? if that's okay.. it's alright if you're busy though i could.. return later." she said. Not out of fear, but uncertainty.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:36:17 am by vkiNm »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 26, 2012, 07:48:36 am »

"Please come, sit, talk, I have lots of free time these days off. What do you do here in Dawnpick, I do not know every pony in the community."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:50 am »

The black maned Mare nodded from Stiletto's invitation, sitting down just in the shade on the grass but not too close to invade her personal space. "Thanks.. and.. well, i do many things.. really. Hurling things, helping with the buildings.. i helped building the walls and digging the moat aswell. and sometimes i help with the cookings.. planting the seeds in the field.. i do a lot of things." she said, nodding and looking rather proud for just a moment. but then shies down with a little embarrassed blush "but i'm not really.. great at any of them."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:36:33 am by vkiNm »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 26, 2012, 08:06:00 am »

"You need to find your passion. I hear ponies talk about their marks here so much and really they don't tell you who you are. You decide what type of pony you are. Find the place you excel, then you will know your passion."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 26, 2012, 08:12:45 am »

She nods again, looking more confident now. "well.. that's actually why i'm here now. I'm.. thinking of joining the Guards.." and with that, her Confidence sank like a rock back to where it were again. "um.. that's alright.. right? i mean.. we don't really have enough ponies to keep us safe.. right? NOTthatidon'tthinkthatyouall*gasp for air*couldn't or anything.. just.. an extra pair of hooves might help. right?... well.." she bonk herself in the head a little, embarrassed "sorry.. i just want to talk to somepony about it first."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:36:47 am by vkiNm »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 239