Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236112 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1035 on: February 25, 2012, 11:08:13 pm »

"sure, I guess and if any monsters come out ya got me as backup"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:09:49 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 25, 2012, 11:23:42 pm »

I smile in relief when Jaxler agrees to go with me.

"Thank you, Jaxler!  Um, lets go, then?"

I prance a bit as I head back up the stairs to the cavern entrance, happy to be able to explore the caverns for more ore to smelt.  The caverns are nothing like I expected at all!  I thought they'd be like the mines: dark and bare stone.  But they are lively!  Large fungi and moss cover almost every surface, lighting them with soft bio-luminescence, and small critters scurry about.

"Oh wow!  I thought this place would be barren, or hellish, but it's actually really nice!"

I settle down as I remember what else tends to live in this place, and quickly look at the various walls to see what ores are around, trusting Jaxler to be able to handle anything that might show up.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 25, 2012, 11:46:13 pm »

Jaxler was awestruck by the beauty of the underground. The blueish glow of the earth and the multicolored trees, it was simply amazing. The landscape was also just astonishing, there where columns ringed with rainbows of crystals and endless expanses of color as far as the eye could see. It was simply awe inspiring. 
"damn this place looks neat"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 25, 2012, 11:56:59 pm »

I absentlmindedly nod in response, absorbed in trying to identify the metals in the walls.

'Hmm, that looks like gold, not just iron pyrite...'

My musings are interrupted by several high pitched screeches, as well as the sounds of heavy steps.

"Uh-oh..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:54 am »

"BOOM, BOOM"
Jaxler's eyes widen, Jaxler had heard stories of the twisted abominations that resided in these lands, and he had been foalish enough to step hoof in a place that he didn't belong. He now set eye's upon what appeared to be 16 feet tall ogre, but this one was twisted and corrupted from eternities spent away from the sun. The very ground thundered with every step and body bulged with pure muscle. The creature spotted them and there was no doubt what would happen next. Jaxler put a bolt in his crossbow and pointed it at the monstrosity.

"flux... get the buck out of here"

Jaxler fired a bolt hitting the Ogre, the sound of crossbow reverberated through the caves making a sickening echo followed by silence, and then the most horrifying sound one could imagine sang through the caves. "SQUAWK SQUAWK" followed by "ARGGGGGGG". Giant cave swallows had just joined the fight, an entire flock had come and now an angry ogre with a bolt in his shoulder was charging the two ponies. There was no chance of escape, they would haft to fight there way out of this.

"flux, I have a quiver hidden under my left wing, grab a bolt and use it as a makeshift knife."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:15:02 pm by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 26, 2012, 12:37:26 am »

Shaking with raw terror, I get behind Jaxler and cover my face with my hooves.  When he tells me to grab a bolt, I nearly faint, but manage to keep it together enough to at least follow his instructions to grab a bolt.

"Wh-Wh-What n-n-now?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 26, 2012, 12:52:54 am »

"good, now I expect you to run the moment I have all these monsters attacking me, and don't you DARE try to help at that point, only use that bolt if your getting followed. REMEMBER RUN the moment I've pulled these, I expect you to sit here until I've done that."

And with that Jaxler flew into the sky and started to fire his bolts. He rained down hell fire until his store of bolts ran out. only 2 of the seven birds fell and the ogre on the other hand, it had 5 bolts in it and still stood tall, it didn't even flinch it even laughed at the feeble effort. At this point he was surrounded by birds and the ogre could care less about flux. So, Jaxler gave the command "RUN!" as his words rang out the orange stallion ran but one of the birds flew after him. Jaxler would have reacted but as finished yelling he felt a gush of wind fly past him, the ogre had thrown a half ton of stone and missed... barely.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:00:40 am by jaxler »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 26, 2012, 01:06:22 am »

I hesitate a moment before bolting when Jaxler tells me to run.

'But...!  No, he's a fighter, he knows what he's doing, so run!'

I take to my hooves as fast as I can, but I can't seem to out run the colossal bird thing coming after me.  As the entrance comes back into view, I feel my hooves leave the ground as talons grip my sides.  The monsterous beak comes down to slice my withers, and I scream in pain.  Twisting around, I jam the bolt into the base of the wing, bringing me and the monster tumbling to the ground.  I pop free in the crash and manage to continue my dash for the surface and somepony who could help Jaxler, fighting the pain the entire time.

"Somepony!  Anypony!  Help!  Jaxler is in the caverns and needs help!!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 26, 2012, 01:29:03 am »

"all you can do is kill me"

Jaxler knew at this had become more or less a suicide mission. So, Jaxler charged the closest swallow and bashed it head with his crossbow, if the brain damage didn't kill it the fall surely did considering that when it hit the ground it made a splat. But as he moved in for a second attack he felt a sharp pain in his back leg. A cave swallow had flew from behind and cut his leg, badly. He flung his crossbow around and hit it's head, killing it on impact. Jaxler still was bleeding, the swallow had cut a vein. He was having a hard time flying straight, and just as things were looking grim a boulder flew through the air clipping his wing. He fell around 25 feet and broke his front legs upon impact and his crossbow fell around 5 feet to his left. He was in unimaginable pain but still managed to to force himself up on all fours when the ogre walked up. It cocked back his huge hand and flung him ten feet into the wall. He was now sitting in a pool of his own blood with a gargantuan monster laughing as it thought of ways to mangle it's prey.

"buck... off"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:19:25 pm by jaxler »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 26, 2012, 01:54:14 am »

"Flux? Jaxler? The caves!"

Stiletto charged out from behind the balista and swings around to see the cave swallow Flux had struck to the ground. her charge didn't slow, and in an instant her hoof was covered in feathers and blood, the cave swallow was pulverized. With mad speed she pushed into the cavern where Jaxler was fighting.

'keine Zeit!'

Her axe flew from her mouth guided by her magic struck the cave ogre in the chest and lodged itself deep into the sternum. Stiletto grab her shield as it fell to the ground. With her wings spread wide, Stiletto flew over Jaxler and smash a cave sparrow in the head, bashing the bone into the brain. The sparrows were surprised by the ferocity of her attack. Her neck twisted around smacked another bird to the left sending it flying into a wall. Finally her shield came down pinning a third cave sparrow to the ground. She let go of her shield.

"Jaxler! run!"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 26, 2012, 02:09:58 am »

"I can't *cough cough*" Jaxler felt blood trickle out of his mouth, but he still tired in vein to lift himself of the ground, but the moment he tried to lift himself he only coughed up more blood. the pain he was in was unfathomable, too much even.

"Let... me... die..."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:21:52 pm by jaxler »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 26, 2012, 02:36:46 am »

"Not even if you where the one I hated most in this world!"

Stiletto leaps over to the cave Ogre and bucked him the pelvis, shattering the bone. Her magic ripped the axe from its' place in the Ogres' chest, tearing flesh as it came free from the wound. It spun through the air and sliced deep into its' guts. The Ogre vomited on Stiletto as its' intestines fell to the cavern floor. Stiletto grabbed her axe with her mouth and with final swing sent the beasts' head sailing off in an arc.

"You are not allowed to die here! Jaxler you hear me!"

Her magic lifted the injured Pegasus and placed him on her wide back. With careful concentration on her magic, Stiletto held Jaxler stable on her back as she flew to the hospital at full clip. She almost knocked the door off its' hinges.

"Panacea! Wounded!"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 26, 2012, 02:47:48 am »

"you don't give me ord..." Jaxler's consciousness left him, the only thing he felt now was weightlessness.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 26, 2012, 02:58:41 am »

Panacea looks up from Flux, who she was tending to up to that moment.  His wounds weren't that bad, but he'd need a few stitches.  The new arrivals were a different matter.  "Stiletto?  What...?"

She sees the bloody mess hanging off her back and her jaw drops.  "Get him onto one of the beds."  She trots off to one of the chests and begins rummaging for materials.  "And somepony go find Wool.  I could use his help right now..."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 26, 2012, 03:14:31 am »

I try to lay still on the cot, hoping to not reopen any of my wounds.

'Ooowww, why did nopony tell me being injured hurt so much?'

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 239