Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: A Personal Apology from Bronies  (Read 9195 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: A Personal Apology from Bronies
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2011, 01:21:04 am »

Well, Toady is certainly not a fan of rape. Even if it's a discussion about if there should be a tag for it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2011, 01:26:24 am »

G-Flex, do you have something to say other than appealing to authority and pointing fingers?

Well, Toady is certainly not a fan of rape. Even if it's a discussion about if there should be a tag for it.
Such is now apparent.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2011, 01:26:58 am »

No! How about INSTEAD, nobody talks about rape AT FRIGIN' ALL?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2011, 01:27:52 am »

That'd stop half the progressive rage thread's topics.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2011, 01:28:46 am »

G-Flex, do you have something to say other than appealing to authority and pointing fingers?

I don't think I've appealed to anyone's authority and I'm not pointing fingers at anybody in particular because I have no idea who did what.

Such is now apparent.

The forum guidelines even prohibit the discussion of sexually oriented material in general; why would you think there isn't a problem with talking about the classification of rape art as opposed to just, I don't know, discouraging it in the first place?

No! How about INSTEAD, nobody talks about rape AT FRIGIN' ALL?

obviously impossible!!!

That'd stop half the progressive rage thread's topics.

Talking about political/legal/social circumstances concerning rape in the real world is a bit different from talking about how to classify the fanart people post of ponies getting raped (or raping? whichever).
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2011, 01:30:57 am »

Okay I think we should stop talking about rape in general right now. Before this gets locked. Bans and mutes may be handed out.

I'm probably a bad person for thinking the MLP thread lockings were sort of ironically funny.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

I don't think I've appealed to anyone's authority and I'm not pointing fingers at anybody in particular because I have no idea who did what.
Ah, my impression was your line of thought was

Toady locked topic -> Toady knows what's appropriate or not -> Someone did something inappropriate

Which is why you're using italics about stuff you're not bothering to research.

If Toady's not in your reasoning whatsoever, then my mistake about the appeal to authority bit.

Talking about political/legal/social circumstances concerning rape in the real world is a bit different from talking about how to classify the fanart people post of ponies getting raped (or raping? whichever).
I'm not seeing a difference in "offensiveness." One's about preventing the real thing, the other's about preventing people from coming across a fictional version of it if they don't want to.

I still think this damn thread should be locked already.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2011, 02:09:39 am »

I'm not seeing a difference in "offensiveness." One's about preventing the real thing, the other's about preventing people from coming across a fictional version of it if they don't want to.

Why does the fictional version of it need to exist, though? Why does a site need to allow it? Were people implicitly encouraging it or treating it as acceptable? To be honest, I'm not sure, since I didn't see the thread in question.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2011, 02:17:03 am »

Well done, guys, you got pony discussion completely banned from Bay12. I am disappoint.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2011, 02:29:05 am »

Thread locked for discussion of rape -> Start new thread to apologize for rapetalk -> New thread becomes discussion of rape.

What's the next step? I'll give you a hint, it's the same as the first one. I'm not trying to pass judgement or be a dick more than usual or anything, but I don't see this thread doing anything but devolving. Vote lock.

Again, if you try to make a thread about a young girls' cartoon show about ponies being friends with each other, three times, and each one gets locked, there is very evident and problematic pattern established.

This quote made my night. Just sayin'.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:28 am »

I also vote lock. Anyone who posts below hereby identify themselves as someone who enjoys rape/rape fic.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:49 am »

Reading the locked thread (which I didn't earlier because I figured it had probably gotten deleted and didn't bother to check)... it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still pretty bad. It was a minefield in there, and a lot of people stepped on them, from someone trying to use a "MLP/I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream crossover" as a good example of someplace where rape can be treated as a serious subject to a certain someone whose username rhymes with "Brawn Durson" implying that homosexuality is more acceptable or desirable in a story as long as the people in the story are of the right gender.

I also vote lock. Anyone who posts below hereby identify themselves as someone who enjoys rape/ rape fic.

Not helping.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2011, 02:43:05 am »

I also vote lock. Anyone who posts below hereby identify themselves as someone who enjoys rape/rape fic.
...do you ever actually think about what you post?
くコ:彡

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2011, 02:44:08 am »

Well, time for all of the sane people to get out of this thread before a massive shitstorm happens.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2011, 02:45:33 am »

Indeed. Let the dead rest in peace already!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9