Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: A Personal Apology from Bronies  (Read 9213 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: A Personal Apology from Bronies
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:59 pm »

Where in the heck did you get 'locking all of GD' from this, x2yzh9?
Where in the heck did we get rape fiction from My Little Pony?

Seriously, while I don't agree with the outright banning of Pony discussion altogether, what the hell was that, guys?
EDIT: Derp.  Forgot the actual statement there.  "You completely brought this on yourselves."

People discussing a classification system for a collection of B12 pony fanfics and art, trying to decide what to do about identifying stories with rape, despite there not being any stories that would need it.

And yeah, I completely agree. This is probably for the best; we have our own boards now, and TBP has an entire subforum just for his gorn.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:13 pm »

So, then, is it safe to say that Toady kinda jumped the gun a little bit by banning Pony stuff altogether?
You were discussing a tagging system for an off-site resource for a non-affiliated intellectual property.  While it's not exactly an ideal conversation, it doesn't really have any relation to the ponies/the threads themselves, in my mind.  Not to mention the fact that it was entirely hypothetical rape fanfiction for the sake of said tagging system...
Having your own boards for that stuff?  Absolutely.  There's no reason the Ponies as a whole need to get brought down with this thing.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:47 pm »

If you have a problem with Toady's ruling, PM him.

Discussing the rules with fellow forum members does nothing.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 08:33:02 pm »

Gorram it...  I step out for like... 6 hours and this happens.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 08:34:25 pm »

Quite apart from that, this lets us avoid the (perhaps inevitable) lock and mutes the next time people start talking about something they shouldn't.

http://bay12ponies.proboards.com/

New site for pony discussion. I've already joined.

Link to the pony forums, for anyone who missed it.

3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 08:35:28 pm »

So, then, is it safe to say that Toady kinda jumped the gun a little bit by banning Pony stuff altogether?
There was plenty in that thread that was ban-worthy, truth be told. There were a few "hands on the reigns" that would occasionally divert it, but it seemed to naturally move in that direction, and if that's the way its gonna be, well...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 08:38:55 pm »

There was plenty in that thread that was ban-worthy, truth be told. There were a few "hands on the reigns" that would occasionally divert it, but it seemed to naturally move in that direction, and if that's the way its gonna be, well...

I completely agree. This way, we have a place for us to talk about the show, a place for people to talk about... other stuff, and we avoid bugging Toady or each other any more.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 08:40:29 pm »

So, basically "Better to move on than to continue with problems" is what we're coming to here?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:12 pm »

No, more like "better to move on than to give up".
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »

At this point there is no way to continue without problems. The way's barred off.

So yeah, move on to the pony board Dsarker linked.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:01 pm »

I'd be more worried about Toady being overly strict if this weren't the third consecutive time the thread was locked for inappropriate discussions, if I recall the previous two. I think a new forum is the best possible approach, really. People get to keep talking about they want to, Toady doesn't have the implied responsibility for it that comes with it being on his board.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:52 pm »

I've never really seen Toady do anything unfairly. In all the years he's always had a good reason for any administrative action he's taken.

At any rate, what's been happening with these threads is pretty much the entire reason I abandoned the steam group.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:20 pm »

I'd be more worried about Toady being overly strict if this weren't the third consecutive time the thread was locked for inappropriate discussions, if I recall the previous two.

I thought the first two were locked for image spam.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 08:56:39 pm »

I'd be more worried about Toady being overly strict if this weren't the third consecutive time the thread was locked for inappropriate discussions, if I recall the previous two.

I thought the first two were locked for image spam.
First was image spam, second was image spam and joking about rule 34, third was discussion of RAEP

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:54 pm »

There were some sexual images creeping in, weren't there?  Toady was prepared to give it a last chance and that last chance was blown, so...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9