Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: A Personal Apology from Bronies  (Read 9189 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: A Personal Apology from Bronies
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2011, 12:26:53 am »

I don't really think it was the gore that was the threads undoing, but mainly the rape. I sort of saw this coming, considering that the other two other threads were locked for the same reason.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2011, 12:31:16 am »

I'm seeing a lot of parallels to 'New VN', but have fun. Don't forget to write, though. I like talking to (most of) you folks.

(I don't know who all was in the thread, so I cannot guarantee that I like you all.)

A gurgling noise comes from behind a spit-stained screen. Alfred Zuckerbourgieu sits staring at the words Barbarossa has given him. Being a fictional lurker of the pony threads -- and long standing enemy of everything Barbarossa TSG stands for -- his greatest desire has come true. For you see, Alfred is a mage. The post he sat staring at on that dark night is the tacit permission of his worst enemy to correspond. The Internet forbids uninvited magical attacks, but the permission is all right there. Hatching in the back of his mind is the perfect spell that Barbarossa has brought on himself through ignorance of the dark arts and those who frequent forum threads...
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2011, 12:33:00 am »

I don't really think it was the gore that was the threads undoing, but mainly the rape. I sort of saw this coming, considering that the other two other threads were locked for the same reason.
[imagespam]
[imagespam + Rule 34 jokes]
[discussing rape tags]

I saw it coming and tried to force it back onto the rails, but I didn't try hard enough.

I'm seeing a lot of parallels to 'New VN', but have fun. Don't forget to write, though. I like talking to (most of) you folks.

(I don't know who all was in the thread, so I cannot guarantee that I like you all.)

We're all still going to be here, it's just that the pony stuff will now be elsewhere. With the bonus of all the grimdark being completely seperated from actual discussion of the show and fanworks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2011, 12:34:47 am »

Memo to Flying Dice: If shit's going off the rails, remind everyone they're probably going to get banned. Even if it's not true, it should scare us all straight.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2011, 12:41:48 am »

Welp, we don't have to worry about that now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2011, 12:46:19 am »

You know with the grimdark and stuff separate I might go visit sometime. I'm actually vaguely interested in the show and really all that crap kept me away from a show that to me looked like perfect happy fuel.

Plus I know if my daughter burst in at the wrong moment she'd be mortified. She likes CANON pinkie pie. Not the one people seem to love.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:49 am »

Wow. Can't say I haven't seen it coming, what with the discussion themes, but I kinda hoped we've started to drift away from the whole thing once we've actually decided on the tag set. Didn't quite pull up in time there. Oh well. Already registered on the new forum.

Do you think it'll be too much to ask to have the links to it added to the closing post of the last thread?
Or in that vein, there should be an announcement, with the link. The current batch of us will move, but there might be new people interested.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:09 am »

So apparently there was gore and rape in the pony thread.

Man, didn't see that coming.  Apology not accepted.
Shoes...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2011, 01:08:24 am »

So apparently there was gore and rape in the pony thread.
Key distinction there. It probably wasn't necessarily gore or rape, is what I'm saying. :(

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2011, 01:11:33 am »

Wait, you guys did three threads about My Little Pony and somehow they all got locked because of rape and gore?

What the hell, people?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2011, 01:11:46 am »

It was more like this:

"Hey guys "Grimdark" is pretty broad. What if someone submits something like a rape fic to this off site database?"
"Yeah that'd be pretty bad to come across without knowing. Let's make a tag for it."
*cue page and a half of discussion about what said tag should be*
Thread locked.

As for gore... take a moment and remember what forum you're on. The severed pieces fly off in arcs.

Wait, you guys did three threads about My Little Pony and somehow they all got locked because of rape and gore?

What the hell, people?
Read the thread and not the last three replies. That's quite blatantly false.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2011, 01:12:56 am »

Yes, but that (or similar) happened to three separate threads about the same subject? I sense a pattern here.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2011, 01:14:17 am »

No. Only ONE was locked for that. The other two were locked for picspam.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2011, 01:19:04 am »

There wasn't any rape, except mentioning and discussing the applications and implications of it, and the gore should be par for the course on Bay12 forums.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2011, 01:20:43 am »

There wasn't any rape, except mentioning and discussing the applications and implications of it, and the gore should be par for the course on Bay12 forums.

I would say that discussing the classification of rape fanart is, er, pretty over the line in itself.

And gore is evidently not par for the course, not to whatever degree would actually get a thread locked.

Again, if you try to make a thread about a young girls' cartoon show about ponies being friends with each other, three times, and each one gets locked, there is very evident and problematic pattern established.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9