Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarven Necropoli  (Read 5419 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dwarven Necropoli
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 07:18:57 pm »

These days, even commoners(and their pets) get high quality iron sarcophagi, normally masterwork or exceptional. As anyone under my rule deserves a nice place to spent the rest of eternity.

Don't make commitments you can't follow....

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 08:33:13 pm »

Well I said they deserve it, I didn't say they're all going to get it.

Because I consider myself to rule over just about everyone on at least some level, it would be impossible for me to provide proper burial arrangements for every single person. But if I could, rest assured that I would build the biggest, most extravagant burial chamber the realm of Dwarf Fortress has ever seen.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 08:53:57 pm »

I'm going to be terrified of the next update. The halls of the deceased will turn to fortresses of horror, and the legacy of the past will turn to the horrors of the present. There's a good reason why the Night's Watch cremate the dead.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:57:41 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:43 am »

You mad? I'm going to capture necro910mancer's and deliberately direct them towards my dead stockpiles + mass graveyards.

Except the heroes, I don't want adamantine clad zombies working for anyone but me.

Wait, adamantine clad zombies sounds like a lovely idea! I will finally have my beserker corps.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2011, 08:22:48 am »

I finished the elusive pond on my necropoli, now the grave sudner it must be filled....
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2011, 08:57:12 am »

Actually, now that I think about it, over half of the sarcophagi in my burial chamber likely contain animal remains...
Coffins are explicitly for citizens only and need my express approval before I award one to someone's pet's corpse. Case by case basis. This way, they get the crappy coffins while dwarves get respectable ones.
I put the coffins/sarcophagi into place, but never make them active until I need to.  Achieves the same end result. ;)
Indeed. I certainly don't wait until I have a pile of corpses before I finish furnishing my dining hall and central corridors.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2011, 09:01:08 am »

Psieye do have some kind of trauma or something relationed with coffins in you dinningroom?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2011, 12:41:53 pm »

Psieye do have some kind of trauma or something relationed with coffins in you dinningroom?
It's my happiness management policy - cram high value furniture everywhere my citizens' eyes can see. I don't HAVE to use coffins, I could use hatches, ropes or whatever else instead but a fort will need some coffins and I hate making low quality items. So if I have a lot of high quality coffins anyway, may as well maximise the benefits I get out of them.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2011, 12:56:53 pm »

Personally, I'd think putting masterwork coffins, receptacles, sarcophagi and tombs on display in your dining room would be a wonderful idea, the dwarves would be able to spend lots of time admiring their likely bedroom for the next few hundred years.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]