Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble dining rooms?  (Read 2915 times)

AzuredreamsXT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble dining rooms?
« on: November 17, 2011, 05:23:23 am »

My nobles apparently need dining rooms, the common legendary dining room not being enough for them. I've heard they will eat at their office and consider that their dining room, but this doesn't seem to be satisfying them as the "dining room" requirement in their info screen is still red.

Do i need to build each noble a personal dining room and assign it to him?

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
Re: Noble dining rooms?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:41:11 am »

He has to have a table set as a dining room and assigned to him.  This can be the same table you put in his office(I like to think of it as a desk).

I'm pretty sure you could have the same area count as his office, dining room, bedroom and tomb if you had a chair, table, coffin and bed all in that area and set as their respective rooms.  I've only doubled up office/dining room and tomb/bedroom so far, though.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
Re: Noble dining rooms?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:43:12 am »

Did you create a room from both the table and the throne in the office? Set up a room from each piece of furniture, and assign them both to the noble. AFAIK the rooms will each be a bit lower quality than two wholly separate rooms, but with sufficiently valuable furnishings and space, one can satisfy the requirements.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.