Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HFS Questions  (Read 387 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
HFS Questions
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »

i broke into the sugar sea, took the candy, slayed the carival, broke the faris weel, and took HFS but now i want to know this

1 my 2 axe lords have right kidny and right lung color blue on the wounds screen. what does that mean

2 i have some EXSTRACT on the ground around the breach what sould i do.

3 how do i make a HFS base

4 if i break into another hollow candy bar will another clan of blood thursty clowns break out and laugh our men do death
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:31:34 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HFS Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:35 pm »

Blue wounds mean that function of that body part is impaired without the integrity of the body part being damaged. For instance, blue eyes would mean the creature can't see, but its eyes are still there. Your soldiers will probably have trouble breathing due to the disabled lung, which may heal eventually. The kidney I don't believe will penalize them at all.

Extract on the ground is usually nasty. Flood the area with magma to clear it, or water to push it away (magma is more efficient and safer).

Colonizing the depths involves building a staircase down there and constructing stuff.

The other candy canes are safe; the horde only spawns when you first reveal a part of the depths, so any others that you might choose to dig out will not be as dangerous. Occasionally, clowns will spawn in small groups from the map edges, but only one group at a time, and they won't be nearly as aggressive as the ones you've already faced.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »

Blue wounds mean that function of that body part is impaired without the integrity of the body part being damaged. For instance, blue eyes would mean the creature can't see, but its eyes are still there. Your soldiers will probably have trouble breathing due to the disabled lung, which may heal eventually. The kidney I don't believe will penalize them at all.

Extract on the ground is usually nasty. Flood the area with magma to clear it, or water to push it away (magma is more efficient and safer).

Colonizing the depths involves building a staircase down there and constructing stuff.

The other candy canes are safe; the horde only spawns when you first reveal a part of the depths, so any others that you might choose to dig out will not be as dangerous. Occasionally, clowns will spawn in small groups from the map edges, but only one group at a time, and they won't be nearly as aggressive as the ones you've already faced.

awesome!!! thanks trully a master work post!!
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:37:32 pm »

A request: if you're going to call it HFS, then put a Spoiler warning in the subject and then don't use those idiotic euphemisms - the material is called Adamantine, the region you discover is called Hell, and the inhabitants are called Demons.

Using those euphemisms does nothing but confuse newbies, causing them to consult the wiki (to figure out what they mean) and be spoiled.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:56 pm »

A request: if you're going to call it HFS, then put a Spoiler warning in the subject and then don't use those idiotic euphemisms - the material is called Adamantine, the region you discover is called Hell, and the inhabitants are called Demons.

Using those euphemisms does nothing but confuse newbies, causing them to consult the wiki (to figure out what they mean) and be spoiled.

I blame these forums and their euphemisms for causing me to start to refer to people I don't like as clowns, especially customers and Republican candidates.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.