Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Play the Great Game/Prologue/ON PAUSE. MAY START A NEW GAME  (Read 7601 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Play the Great Game/Turn to be run this afternoon or evening
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 07:31:17 am »

Okay, You guys make a decision on that stuff. I'll run a turn this afternoon/evening
Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Play the Great Game/Prologue/ Turn 0 Old Men and Pursuers.
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »

Turn One:  Old men and Pursuers

The first thought to cross your minds is “What the Hell have I gotten myself into?”… Let’s move back abit. You and five hopefuls met chatting it up in a bar. You got your hopes up and felt Bold. Made a decision with a knife as you stared off at a stormy horizon and recited an ancient verse, you may regret this choice later but you just felt the call of adventure. Pooled nearly all your money together and bought yourself a old, well maintained fishing boat that was retrofitted for longer journeys and hardly has enough room for all of you. It has a pair of swivel guns on rotating posts on the sides and an old cannon on a wheeled truck lashed near the prow, You could move it to either side but you left it there for now. Supply-Wise you are better off, You have food and water to last you a few weeks and a modest pile of cannonballs and plenty of shot for the swivels, Powder isn’t an issue. With the bit of exess money between the members of the group you were able to purchase a simple weapon for yourself and maybe some ammunition on the side if it required any. But only now do you realize how low on the totem pole you have started on.

After your first few hours at sea you spot a ship on the horizon, and behind it a small ship that seems to be in pursuit. The chased ship is headed towards you, and fast, really fast. As it pulls closer you start to make out some of the features of the ship, Its old. That’s one of the first things picked up upon, its design long forgotten in this end of the ocean and its warped and rotted hull is covered in barnacles, Its sail is tattered and it has a trio of ballistae on deck, A massive one on the bow and smaller one on the starboard and port side. It pulls by your vessel which makes it look like a dingy in comparison and a old man leans over the railing of the larger ship as it moves by your ship. He’s older than any man you’ve seen before with cloudy eyes and clawed hands. He offers you a gape toothed grin and tosses a gold coin with a strip of paper wrapped around it. As it clatters onto your deck the larger ship seems to pick up speed and dash off into the horizon.  And now the former pursuit ship is heading towards you. It only seems slightly larger than yours but has a similar number of weapons mounted on the deck. Some figures can be made out scuttling about and shouting about their lost quarry.

The message on the coin reads with elegant curving handwriting
Spoiler:  A Note? (click to show/hide)

So. What do you do now Deathless?

PIRATES
Name: Stiric "Silver Tongue" Darmar-Bdthemag
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Micelus -Name: Terres Astarol
Threat Level:Small-Time

Injury: 4/8/16
Lawastooshort-Name: Hilda Demerrienne

Wolfchild-Name: Tala, Scourge of Dragon Straight (pretentious)

SeriousConcentrateName: Jillian Redwind

Dfriley -Name - Garrol "Whumps" O'hollahan

Edit. I need to boost you all to Rank 2 because right now, You are Mook Level with tiny dice pools and low health. You will thank me later.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:21:16 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Dfriley

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I like the cut of this old guys gib, giving us a coin for doing something I'd happily do any day. Anyways, no point in sitting around till those other guys start taking shots at us. I think it'd be best if we get our cannons loaded before they do, since I'd rather not get shot first. If I can do anything else I'd also like to grab the ship's wheel since it seems like I'm the only one who knows how to sail anything and either sail us in range or prepare to maneuver to avoid/take shots at them.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Ok. Totally agree with Garrol. He can take the wheel.

Load up the cannon!

What is my shadow magic then?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

It seems your shadow it catching the breeze. Elemental Shadow- WIND. You can Reroll this result four more times

Stiric-Your Shadow seems to be elongated and stretching about on deck. SHADOW- ELONGATED MAN. You can reroll this result one more time

Terres- Your Shadow seems to have a small bird perched on its shoulder. SHADOW- SCOUT. You Can reroll this result one more time

Tala- Your Shadow seems to have grown rather long nails. SHADOW-SLASHER. You Can Reroll this result one more time.

Jillian- Your Shadow seems to have a wide mouth and vicious teeth. SHADOW-GNASHER. You can reroll this result five more times

Garrol- Your Shadow seems to chattering away. SHADOW- VENTRILOQUIST. You Cannot Reroll this result

Raggle Fraggle

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

It seems your shadow it catching the breeze. Elemental Shadow- WIND. You can Reroll this result four more times

I can see how that could be helpful for a seaman.

edit:
I suppose the next question is how do I use it? Can I summon wind to throw our target into an uncontrollable spin so we can shoot it to smithereens?

I summon wind to throw our target into an uncontrollable spin so we can shoot it to smithereens
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:27:38 pm by lawastooshort »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Talla shouts orders, that somehow get the rest of the crew to work more effectively at their tasks (I am using my discipline skill to aid the others basically)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

(Re-roll for me please.)

Inspire my fellow crewmates with an encouraging speech!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Isn't your shadow the Slender Man, BD? Why would you want to re-roll that? :3 Nah, j/k. Anyway, Riccto, my shadow is fine, I only have a question as to how big the Gnasher is. Is it slightly more than human sized, or is it like a FF summon 'cause I pumped Shadow Power?)

Jillian studied the pursuer's ship. "Hey, if we get close enough, I think I can rip their ship apart," she said, getting ready to use her shadow to bite a hole in their hull.

Use my Gnasher to eat holes in the lower part of their ship so they'll sink.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

((Wait no, I take that back. I want my slenderman shadow :D))
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

I use my scout shadow to see our enemies and their armanents.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

All actions in? Turn coming soon.
Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Play the Great Game/Prologue/ TURN 2 SHADOWS ARE SCARY
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 10:13:13 pm »

TURN 2: SHADOWS ARE SCARY.
Inspire my fellow crewmates with an encouraging speech!
4D10=[4,6,4,3] VS WIT(4 SUCCESSES! +2D10 to ERRYBODY.)
The Crew was quick to action but Terres was the quickest. He took a hop and a jump and stood ontop of the one cannon onboard and delivered a speech that sounded a bit like This. A cheer was let out by the crew and they rushed to their stations.

Talla shouts orders, that somehow get the rest of the crew to work more effectively at their tasks (I am using my discipline skill to aid the others basically)
6D10 =[9,5,2,3,10,8,7] VS WIT(Two Successes, One Critical Failure.) Talla  attempts to follow up Terres's rousing speech by getting everyone moving more quickly but he doesnt do much considering its a small ship and everyone knows what they are doing, Kinda, So his shouts fall on deaf (and slightly annoyed) ears

I use my scout shadow to see our enemies and their armanents.
4D10 =[6,7,10,1] VS Shadow Power[1 Critical Failure, One Critical Success, NET LOSS 0] You make a wide motion of your arm so that the Shadow falcon takes flight to investigate the other vessel but it seems rather stubborn but at least it doesn't fly away

TAKE THE HELM
6D10=[3,5,7,2,8,7] VS INT [THREE SUCCESSES] Garrol hops onto the slightly raised poopdeck and grabs the somewhat mundane wheel, but he does well with it, he manuevers the ship into a broad reach with the wind, the prow lifts slightly and he only needs to make slight adjustsments before getting into decent position with the opposing ship. [-1 To Ship-To-Ship Combat Rolls]

I summon wind to throw our target into an uncontrollable spin so we can shoot it to smithereens
6D10=[5,4,4,5,9,5] vs SHADOW POWER vs OPPOSED SAILING CHECK =[10,4,9][OH GOD.] Hilda concentrates on her Shadow and inhales deeply and fills her lungs with salty sea air and her Shadow does the same except in a more comical fashion, looking like a black balloon version of herself, it actually floats up off the deck, right up next to her face only connected to her by a black line that started a Hilda's feet and ended at Shadow-Hilda's. Then Hilda blows and Shadow Hilda lets out a gale the catches the rookie helmsman of the other ship completely unawares forcing it to capsize, They start to scrabble up onto the keel of the ship. The Windy Shadow likes you. You have potential, It decides to stick around for awhile, Just call.

{Gained. Elemental Hearty, WIND, Takes up one of your Shadow Pool Slots but can be called upon most of the time.}

Use my Gnasher to eat holes in the lower part of their ship so they'll sink.
7D10=[5,1,5,3,6,5,4] VS SHADOW POWER [THERE IS NO GOD.] After watching Hilda make short work of capsizing the ship you dont want to be upstaged so you reach down and grab a hold of one of the pieces of shot for the swivel guns and chuck it at the opposing ship, Your Shadow full of gnashing teeth follows that of the ball to the ship and gets to work. Its a massacre, The former ship is reduced to lumberyard refuse and toothpicks. Your Shadow returns quickly to the ship with something shiny between its teeth. Its a curious thing, Its a Dagger with, what feels like, a Shadow trapped inside, on the pommel is inscribed a sigil for extending.

[Gained Shadowy Pal : Gnasher. It can be called upon directly when you want to switch Shadows instead of straight rerolling, Expends a Shadow Pool Slot as long as you stay PALS]
Gained Loot: Extend-O Dagger]

The Coin that Chrosus gave is now rattling and the symbols on it are shifting wildly, what used to be a sword is now a compass needle and instead of pointing North it points to the direction you think you saw its ship head.

[I think I may need to nerf inspiration.]
Raggle Fraggle

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »

This system is really complicated.

Order the bird to go to the enemy ship and report on its condition and crew. Help with the cannons.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:35:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 10:32:12 pm »

I believe i got this right.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5