Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to Play the Great Game/Prologue/ON PAUSE. MAY START A NEW GAME  (Read 7604 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

A World of ADVENTURE and Magic with everyone playing "The Great Game". The pursuit of wealth and fame across the ever shifting and always expanding gameboard of the Endless Isles without fear of Death, All thanks to the greatest player of the Game, The Legendary Two-Dagger Torreau, A man who charmed Death herself and learned her secrets and swore the first Oath that all the Players (Or Pirates) (Or Deathless as they are commonly refered as) Would forever sail the seas to save the wild freedom of the world and prevent the tyrannical rise of Kings, Then its said that Torreau sails even today with Death herself at his side. Or so its said.

But the only part that isnt best relegated to a old tavern tale is the Deathlessness. Men that had sworn the Oath and play the game are without true Death. You can stab them and they stop moving for a bit but then their shadow drifts away for some dry spot to make a new body for itself while the old drifts off onto ashes. Thats not the only power Deathless are afforded by their Oath, it seems that their Shadow catches the stranger winds and it takes a smarter pirate to manipulate your shadow to catch and manpulate the different winds, although the Shadow needs time to rest itself.

But you are not alone in this world, There are the Barons and Pirate Lords. Barons are experienced Pirates and Players of the Great Game, They stake out their turf, not venturing out as far into the Isles much more content with defending their cut of the World and many think twice about violating their turf, The play the Great Game a different manner through manipulating their considerable forces and engaging with sharp politics in the World.

The Rung above them being Sea Lords, Legends of the Sea and truely formidable, These players in the Game are a varied sort with a wide reputation, some being brutal warlords with vast armadas always looking for a new fight, Others solitary men who just want to test their skill with a blade. But the only constants with these men and women are they are incredibly dangerous in their own right and are what every Deathless aspires to be.

Lastly there are the Crusaders, Men who want to put a end to the great game and attempt to unify the Endless Isles using force, Many are simple men with a mission, They capture the Deathless when ever they can, Executions are only temporary of course, So they lock them up in the horrible situations but making sure they remain alive still. The most dangerous to a Deathless being the Order of the Wheel and their Fort Cross, They have seemingly discovered out to keep the Shadow from leaving a man....

SO. Who's ready to EMBARK?

Everyone is starting out as a Small-Time Pirate.
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
PIRATES
Name: Stiric "Silver Tongue" Darmar-Bdthemag
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Micelus -Name: Terres Astarol
Threat Level:Small-Time

Injury: 2/, 4/8
Lawastooshort-Name: Hilda Demerrienne

Wolfchild-Name: Tala, Scourge of Dragon Straight (pretentious)

SeriousConcentrateName: Jillian Redwind

Dfriley -Name - Garrol "Whumps" O'hollahan

WAITLIST

Grimmjow6th - Aleister "Black Reaper Hale

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:38:09 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Play the Great Game: PIRACY ACROSS THE ENDLESS ISLES
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:44:54 pm »

Reserving a spot.

EDIT: Can you provide a clearer character sheet? I'm a little bit confused...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:50:20 pm »

I'll have a go.

And I'm with Bdthemag with this. I'm not sure what you want us to put in the character sheet.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:34:10 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:58:00 pm »

Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:09:11 am »

Sorry, Mistyped in the Rules, Small-Time have 20 points to invest in their stats, With No stat being greater than 6, Then Total Skill Points are INT+2 and To increase a skill it costs 1 point to move up to Rank 1 or 2, to move to Rank 3-4 it takes 2 points per point of advancement, and to achieve rank 5 it takes 3 skill points.

Sorry for any Confusion, I had to modify the system a bit so I still need to work out the chinks as we play.
Stats Are
Shadow Pool
Shadow Power
Int
WIT (Dammit, I'm tripping all over myself)
Fighting
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:10:45 am by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 12:16:26 am »

There ya go.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:23:49 am by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 12:21:19 am »

There ya go.
[/spoiler]
Name: Stiric "Silver Tongue" Darmar
Threat Level: Small Time

Injury: 2
Shadow Pool: 2
Shadow Power-2
Intelligence: - 4
Fighting- 3
Wit- 6
Grit- 1

Skills- Leadership ( Rank 2), Persuasion (Rank 2), Brawling (Rank 1), Captainship (Rank 1)
[/spoiler]
Everything is Good except that your Injury Values are 1/2*Fighting*Rank=Wound Value=/2*Wound Value=Injure Value/4*Wound Value=Defeated Value
Its just based off of your fighting score. No stat points get assigned to it. Sorry for any confusion.
Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 12:32:59 am »

There ya go.
I fixed your Injury Values for you but otherwise accepted.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'll give this a shot, although I'm not quite sure I have my stats right.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I am also not sure I have this right, and haven't dont the injury part (apologies, I haven't had my morning tea yet).

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:06:09 am by lawastooshort »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Changed mine.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Gah, busy at the moment, ignore my post.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Inski
I am also not sure I have this right, and haven't dont the injury part (apologies, I haven't had my morning tea yet).

You have too many skill points, Based on your stats you would have 5 skill points to assign
I'll have a go.

And I'm with Bdthemag with this. I'm not sure what you want us to put in the character sheet.

SC you only assigned 16 stat points, You have 20 at the start and make sure not to assign points to your shadow pool, it is equal to your Shadow Power
I'll give this a shot, although I'm not quite sure I have my stats right.

Raggle Fraggle

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Name Tala, Scourge of Dragon Straight (pretentious)
Threat Level Small time

Injury:  3,6,12 (did i get that right?)
Shadow Pool: 2/2
Shadow Power- 2
Intelligence: - 6
Fighting- 5
Grit- 4
Wit- 3

Skills- Discipline:3, Navigation 2, Bargaining:1, Intimidation: 2
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:15:22 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I think you missed Wit, wolfchild.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5