Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Reclamation of Failcannon[Succession/Community fortress try 2]  (Read 3321 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: The Reclamation of Failcannon[Succession/Community fortress try 2]
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »

Give me the bookkeep then. Better get dwarfed before my turn's up.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »

So somebody/somebodies were brave/foolish enough to actually do it. Kudos to all of you, and may the layout drive you all to welcoming madness.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 06:20:11 pm »

15th Slate, Mid-Spring,
Year 451
Between the all night hauling, constantly checking to see if the beast are finally dead so we can claim that all important area, we haven’t  had much time to meet. We came up with some ideas, like concentrating solely deflooding the area, which we will do, and starting up a farm, which might be a necessity even with all the food around us. The last thing that came up was our sword dwarf Ushrir telling us that he didn’t like his name. It would seem like something so small, but he wouldn’t let us disband until WE came up with a name for HIM. We through everything we could at him even Urist and Varsar, the latter of which Deduk took for himself, because it sounded ‘nether-real’.  Eventually he chose the name Grov and settled down. Honestly, I am a bit concerned for him, but, we all have to be a bit insane. We decided to stay AFTER the waking of the forgotten beasts on the first day we came. Seriously. What were we thinking?

6th Felsite, Late Spring
Year 541
It has been slow work, and mostly everything is flooded again. Nothing is being moved around anymore for the sake of drainage, Food is so hard to come by, thanks to the goblins and trolls, that, we settled on eating any of the muddy and dirty prepared meals that we can find laying around. To top it all off, It has been getting hot and I have been feeling weaker than usual late l_____

1st Hematite, Early Summer
Year 541
Melbil, our Doctor said that I have a horrid infection in my back. I am not going to live much longer.  They have set up a bed for me at the top of the tower. . . . .If you can call it a tower. It use to be a military training facility or a nobles study, by the looks of it. I can see the ocean through a green glass window built into three of the walls. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a nobles room. Even before I added this chestnut bed of superior quality there was already in here a weapon rack, armor stand, a fine looking table, and two chairs, all made expertly of gold. Even out of the window that my bed is facing, I can see a well built craftsdwarf shop out looking the ocean breeze. It’s bea---

5th Hem꜡--_--_

9th Hematite, Early Summer
Year 541
Apparently I passed out when I was trying to write in this book. I was just woken an odd hour ago by our Speardwarf. She said she was checking on me and couldn’t tell if I were alive or dead if I wasn’t moving, so she had to see for herself before she told Melbil. I am glad she woke me in the first place. I have been having some pretty horrid dreams as of late. Dreams of Gods rising and Dwarfs falling. Dreams of this fort and the many horrors it will soon face. Dwarves dying in horrific fashions and of skeletons coming back to life. The last solid thing that I could remember was the bones of the dwarf that I had seen when we came on the scouting trip. It spoke to me. It voice was horridly clear. It said that we will not leave here alive.

10th Hematite, Early Summer
Year 541
The others have been telling me that they have been hearing the same sounds that I had during the scouting that we did some months ago, when I got this horrid, festering, pulsating wound. I remembered the dream that I had the night before, of the skeletons rising and our brothers dying, and promptly thought to call for action to prevent such a tragedy. There was a room that had been deflooded during one of my fainting moments. It seemed to have been used to make dyed cloth in the past, but we have agreed that it would serve us better as a grave for the dead that littered the ground.

17th Hematite, Early Summer
Year 541
Apparently I passed out again. Helbil hasn’t told me much about what happened around the fort, other that she has noticed names being carved into the individual coffins. It looks like the dead claim their own beds. Oddly enough, I have been having the repeat of the same dreams, though with more skeletons rising and less dwarves dying. I guess I can take that as a good thing.

17th Hematite, continued
We found a group of plots flourishing with dead cave fungi! That raises up my spirits like nothing else. Speaking of which, all the glorious things that we have found in this place have raised everyones spirits. I have also been given so many reports today that, I was able to make a map of all the areas we have seen and drained out.

How do you like my cock-tease? Its of a map that doesn't exist because I have yet to make it. Don't worry Its the first thing on my list for tomorrow evening. It is done and the map is in. I am unhappy that I could not edit it like I wish. Also, FPS jumped up to 20 today! Hurrah!
So somebody/somebodies were brave/foolish enough to actually do it. Kudos to all of you, and may the layout drive you all to welcoming madness.
Double hurrah for being acknowledged by Urist Imiknorri himself. Now all I have to do is make this fort so epic that Toady One pops in here himself.
Give me the bookkeep then. Better get dwarfed before my turn's up.

I will figure out how to fit you in by tomorrows post.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:27:02 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 06:22:55 pm »

Apparently I have drowned so... I guess I survived with amnesia or something?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 05:34:24 pm »

On operating the north gate, in case you want migrants to come in from that direction:

There are two orthoclase levers near the bridge. One opens the bridge. The other one is a trap. Enjoy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »

Double hurrah for being acknowledged by Urist Imiknorris himself. Now all I have to do is make this fort so epic that Toady One pops in here himself.

You need Robocorn and probably SethCreiyd too.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 05:45:20 pm »

On operating the north gate, in case you want migrants to come in from that direction:

There are two orthoclase levers near the bridge. One opens the bridge. The other one is a trap. Enjoy.
I hope that one of them is red and the other blue.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 05:46:13 pm »

They're both yellow.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »

A case 2 scenario? I can deal with that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

I am leaving on a family emergency, so there wont be any post tonight. I will try to prepare something long and nice, though, so, keep a look out.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 12:02:03 pm »

The medic walked solemnly out of the room, unsure of what to say. That dwarf was a true dwarven mystery. He spent most of his time in a book and out of the stone, he refuses to be moved underground, even though they uncovered a perfect area for a community dormitory, and, to top it all off, he speaks his emotions. Melbil was sure that he wasn’t even a dwarf but some mutated pygmy-elf. But there were other things that she had to worry about. They had no more medical supplies. They didn’t even wait until they had enough funds to bring the usual start up supplies, despite her best urges. Idiots.
“Ah well. There ain’t much more t’ be done I guess.” She said with a slight sigh. With that she took one back in the green glass window, and could have sworn that the sickly Dwarf nearly faded away. She didn’t bother to take a look, figuring it was merely fatigue from the lack of drinking. Heading down the nearest ramp, to get to the last barrel of booze she, she felt a slight chill, as if though something were not right. Somehow, it forced her to look down. The charred body of Nomal and his dog materialized in front of her and a group of a group of dwarfs who were busy sitting and socializing.

He dreamed. He felt more alive in his dream than ever in his life. No, not alive. Alive is the wrong word to use. There was no word to describe it all. It was the best feeling in his entire life, and then he awoke. He looked out the window and two women and children crossing over to where they were

Nomal came back from exploring the flooded hallway, bored and thirsty. There was still nothing and they had a lot farther to go.
“Meh, wha’tever. “ he whispered to himself.   He was ready to drink and nothing else. And then he saw it. A dwarf that he had never seen before walked up to him and laughed.
“Whatever what?” it said in a deep, yet thundering undertone.
“A-a-h ne-e-e-ed ah drin-nk?” Nomal was shaken. He could tell that it was not a real dwarf, for he knew all the dwarves that were here.
“A what? You come here and disturb my sleep. . . . For a drink?” It said in the same voice, as it slowly glided to Nomal. There was an obvious intent in the unknown dwarfs voice. He meant to scare Nomal crapless, and it was working. 
“I will help you. Take it as a neighborly call from an Ageless Wizard. Don't worry, I will bring you your friend too.” With that he grabbed Normal and dragged him through thousands of layers, down into the pits of a nameless place.

Pages: 1 [2]