Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Internet Crackpot Appreciation Thread  (Read 10392 times)

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Crackpot Appreciation Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 10:47:24 pm »

I doubt conservapedia is actually written by conservatives. It's like Stephen Colbert- he's not actually conservative, but he acts like it and also like an idiot to make fun of conservatives.

Edit: It calls itself "The Trustworthy Encyclopedia." This is an alarm bell for me. Going on.

Edit: Well I do agree with it, at least, about Hate speech laws, being an advocate of free speech.

Edit: Here we go, Hate crimes page. Noone actually thinks that. Seriously.

Edit: OK, maybe it's foudned by some of the nuttier ones of us :/

Never think we all think this stuff....

I'm really confused now but I think you were joking when you said that you supported hate speech. You really scared me for a moment there.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2011, 11:22:41 pm »

Either insane asylums have internet connections now and the screwballs are trolling us, or these people are real.

In any case, that makes me a little worried.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 03:16:19 am »

Either insane asylums have internet connections now and the screwballs are trolling us, or these people are real.

In any case, that makes me a little worried.
People in insane asylums are real.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 04:02:24 am »

To those of you that have heard of Time Cube, I present to you the Time Cube RPG:

http://www.folded.com/jeff/fridge/timecube.shtml
What the f***, I don't even know.
Seriously, can anyone explain to me how you would play this "RPG?" I can't make heads or tails of it. Perhaps that's the point. I couldn't make heads or tails of the Time Cube itself after all.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 09:10:18 am »

To those of you that have heard of Time Cube, I present to you the Time Cube RPG:

Seriously, can anyone explain to me how you would play this "RPG?" I can't make heads or tails of it. Perhaps that's the point. I couldn't make heads or tails of the Time Cube itself after all.
Still makes more sense than FATAL.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:30 am »

Still makes more sense than FATAL.
© 2006 Jeffrey Yaus. This is a work of parody, under the fair use doctrine judging parody and satire. The author was educated stupid and cannot compute a timecube; persons interested in actually learning the timecube should see timecube.com.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 04:43:36 pm »

Anyone remember the Children's Immortality Project?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2011, 05:36:53 pm »

Anyone remember the Children's Immortality Project?
no.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:53 pm »

All matter and energy consists of vibrating strings.

lol someone took a stab at String Theory a bit back.

Though one should keep in mind that reality does not need to conform to our sensibilities. While it is an unproven hypothesis is still is the most likely candidate for uniting General Relativity and Quantum Theory to date.

Actually I think it's technical name is "Super Symmetric String Theory", but even that is too nerdy for Scientists like Brian Greene to say. (I have a couple of his books).

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:12 pm »

All matter and energy consists of vibrating strings.

lol someone took a stab at String Theory a bit back.

Though one should keep in mind that reality does not need to conform to our sensibilities. While it is an unproven hypothesis is still is the most likely candidate for uniting General Relativity and Quantum Theory to date.

Actually I think it's technical name is "Super Symmetric String Theory", but even that is too nerdy for Scientists like Brian Greene to say. (I have a couple of his books).
You really can't say anything about their likelihood at the present time. Unless they make testable predictions, they aren't useful for anything other than the inspiration of new ideas in the future. So far as I'm aware, string theory has yet to make testable predictions which vary from the null hypothesis and as such can't be taken any more seriously than any other theory conforming to existing evidence. Supersymmetry may be more pretty, but using that as any form of evidence is just us humans attempting to impose our will on the way the universe works.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything#Modern_physics

Anywho, that little rant aside, back on topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1Yo610lG0
Gorilla199's youtube videos. There's like 100 of them, all completely serious, all built from a supreme amalgamation of just about every conspiracy in existence. Freemasons controlled by demonic aliens, the LHC as a stargate to and from planet Nibiru, Reptilians, Bohemian Grove, and much, much more. Though take some pity on the guy, as from what I recall he may actually be a certified nut case (as many creators of such things are).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:19:37 pm by alway »

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23:29 pm »

we all know that we didnt land on teh moon, as explained by my neighbor, and that the government puts floride in our water for neferious purposes.

i feel bad for my neighbor... they call him "buddy"

sorry for my lack of capitalization in pain and cant be bothered

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2011, 07:53:58 pm »

I saw one of the related videos was "Human Flesh in Supermarkets"....

I think I would have noticed if the meat I was eating was made from human flesh or not.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »

I saw one of the related videos was "Human Flesh in Supermarkets"....

I think I would have noticed if the meat I was eating was made from human flesh or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2011, 01:20:04 am »

oh? and how would you? human meat is quite tasty in fact.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2011, 01:47:57 am »

oh? and how would you? human meat is quite tasty in fact.
*narrows eyes*

Your okay in my book new guy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7