Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1 legged dwarf weaponsmith  (Read 2463 times)

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 legged dwarf weaponsmith
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:52 am »

« Musicbud the chicken leather dress »

That is what I love about DF, right there.
What other game would make something like that, much less make an engraving of it on something else.

geneisnotlame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 06:41:03 pm »

yes i know it's so great. the more artifacts a fort makes the more connected they become!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:42 pm »

Now that's epic.. with the exception of the cloud and dress.. Unless it symbolizes something..
Artifact dress, fortress foundation, cloud, and killing a goblin.. Hmm..

It's visual storytelling to show how far the fort has come.  The artifact dress is the title/title page, the cloud is an early primitive transition.  It shows the dwarves establishing the fort, then a cloud goes over the scene (a revolutionary idea at the time, though taken for granted by later generations), and then you see a dwarf killing a goblin in front of a fully developed fort.

If you analyze the story, it shows that the author places a great deal of importance on that artifact leather dress, to the point where he uses it as the title page for the fort's story.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 [2]