Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Best Dwarven Recipes!  (Read 7733 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Dwarven Recipes!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 10:21:51 am »

Yes. We are.
Some of us pamper our dwarves, instead of following the
Standard of Fortresses. Mostly due to not having some... Necro get in here.
Although we still deign to having unfortunate accidents.

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:47 am »

My most recent fortress took the omelette (turkey egg roast) to new perfection and culinary heights. I was surprised when the cook refused to go to work stating there were no solid ingredients available.
I immediately ordered some livestock chopped to nice slices. Really, the omelette goes best with the mushrooms, all the meat and eggs and the occasional dab of booze. I miss the bread, though.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 01:27:48 pm »

Yes. We are.
Some of us pamper our dwarves, instead of following the
Standard of Fortresses. Mostly due to not having some... Necro get in here.
Although we still deign to having unfortunate accidents.

Necro made some jokes that were inappropriate even for this community and was muted.

That said,

MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 03:14:03 pm »

Dwarven Cheese, Titan Heart (plains titan is a favourite, but any will do), some Sewer Brew, and of course, prepared Crundle meat.

You now have some Sewer Stew! EAT THE TITAN'S STRENGTH.

PhantomXD

• Bay Watcher
  • Digging designation cancelled: warm stone located
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »

Dwarven Cheese, Titan Heart (plains titan is a favourite, but any will do), some Sewer Brew, and of course, prepared Crundle meat.

This sounds positively dangerous ... FOR !!!SCIENCE!!!.
Ironhand's Graphics Set

Bottom line is, the wiki is your friend, and error is your teacher.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 04:06:56 pm »

This sounds positively dangerous ... FOR !!!SCIENCE!!!.

IT TASTES LIKE PAIN AND !!AWESOME!!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »

Along with being a great everything else, I also fancy myself to be a great cook, and were I able to communicate my awe-inspiring culinary prowess unto my dwarves, the very first recipe I would teach them would go something like this:

"First, save the meat drippings from all of the ≡Rhesus Macaque Roasts≡ you love to make, chop up some Plump Helmets and whatever meat you have lying around, add in some tallow, and make that into a stew. Some crushed Quarry Bush Leaves wouldn't hurt either.
Now, seeing as you have yet to invent a meat grinder(yet you have the capabilities to somehow eliminate atoms from existence), I want you to grab some more meat, take your warhammer, and repeatedly bash it until you are able roll it into a somewhat cylindrical shape.

Good, now just take some bread an- What do you mean don't know what bread is? What the hell have you been doing with all of that cave wheat I've been having you grow, then? Whatever, just take a Press Cake and carefully fold it in two then. Place the roughly-made meat cylinders into the folded Press cake, and pour the stew over it. Then, I want you to break up some bits of that cheese we bought from the caravan the other day, and sprinkle it over the whole thing.

Congratulations, you just learned to make ☼Chili Cheese Dogs☼. Bask in its glory, and spread this wondrous creation throughout the world."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:42:32 pm by King DZA »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »

Along with being a great everything else, I also fancy myself to be a great cook, and were I able to communicate my awe-inspiring culinary prowess unto my dwarves, the very first recipe I would teach them would go something like this:

"First, save the meat drippings from all of the ≡Rhesus Macaque Roasts≡ you love to make, chop up some Plump Helmets and whatever meat you have lying around, add in some tallow, and make that into a stew. Some crushed Quarry Bush Leaves wouldn't hurt either.
Now, seeing as you have yet to invent a meat grinder(yet you have the capabilities to somehow eliminate atoms from existence), I want you to grab some more meat, take your warhammer, and repeatedly bash it until you are able roll it into a somewhat cylindrical shape.

Good, now just take some bread an- What do you mean don't know what bread is? What the hell have you been doing with all of that cave wheat I've been having you grow, then? Whatever, just take a Press Cake and carefully fold it in two then. Place the roughly-made meat cylinders into the folded Press cake, and pour the stew over it. Then, I want you to break up some bits of that cheese we bought from the caravan the other day, and sprinkle it over the whole thing.

Congratulations you just learned to make ☼Chili Cheese Dogs☼. Bask in its glory, and spread this wondrous creation throughout the world."
What no FB syndrome extract dressing? I'm sure that would make it spicy. Maybe lethal, but spicy nonetheless.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 05:26:15 pm »

Ooh!

Crundle Meat, Crundle Meat, Crundle Meat, Plump Helmet Woman Flesh(?).

This is of all cooksdwarfship. It is tainted.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 08:54:49 pm »

Rhesus Macaque meat + Dwarven syrup = Rhesus pieces (biscuits)

Dwarven cheese + Dwarven wine + Dwarven wheat flour = Traditional cheese fondue (stew)

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:40 am »

Lock a dwarf in a room with a lever, then tell the dwarf to pull the lever, releasing magma into the room.  Cook until very well done, then drain the magma from the room.

The most dwarven recipe there is   :D

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »

I just discovered a stack of *pig tallow roast* in the food stockpiles.

My dwarves have invented bacon.

I'm so proud of them.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 05:21:44 pm »

Praise Henson?  ???

I'd say coconut chocolate mousse roast, for me.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 11:34:26 am »

Modder question: Is it possible for a meal to cause a symptom in dwarves? Is it possible for a symptom to BUFF a dwarf's attributes?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 12:02:53 pm »

Modder question: Is it possible for a meal to cause a symptom in dwarves? Is it possible for a symptom to BUFF a dwarf's attributes?

No:(
Unless it was made out of some syndrome inducing material....
Pages: 1 [2] 3