Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Colonizer.Net v.2  (Read 2663 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonizer.Net v.2
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 04:41:19 pm »

I'm not sure it is worth it. I'd prefer to begin SPACE COLONIZATION. What raise morale best: brutally murdering some alien or expanding to an interstellar empire?
Pretty much this.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:43:02 pm »

We have the time and resources to do both. The people who launch probes and study artifacts are not the same people who will running the Kangeroo court procedings. Thats what I liked about the first Coloniser.net, the game ran on both the small and the large scale.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 04:46:40 pm »

do as you like... As a progressist, i dont agree with vengeance, but why not after all.
Just how old is this war?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 05:29:20 pm »

{Infobank info retrieval:
The war ended approximately five to eight years ago, depending on where you lived and what side you were on. It was basically half the empires in the galaxy fighting the other half. Mass losses on both sides and many planets destroyed. It ended when a small, previously unknown civilization detonated a strange bomb on the Feire home world, destroying it utterly and making all of the Feire's weapons stop working. The war itself lasted about fifty years.}

Twenty Feires are thawed out and drug to a court on the military base. After a trial in Native Valkren, which the common Feire soldiers cannot understand, they are executed. This raises citizenry and military morale slightly.

A few electrical shocks are administered to the artifact. They reveal it to be a type of battery.

Three probes are launched into space. Findings below.
Spoiler:  (9302) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  (9305) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  (9307) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fleets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Stockpiled Resources (click to show/hide)

Well, what do you do?

((Seroiusly need a better name for industrial goods...))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:06:57 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:25 pm »

Deploy the fleet to the distress beacon on 9302, assuming we have enough fuel for a round trip.

Set the three probes to run mineral scans if possible.

Start Production of a colony ship. Start recruiting a team of colonists who specialize in mining, and a small military force to protect them.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 11:26:47 am »

continue research on the Alien Battery Artifact.
Agree with sending fleet to investigate distress beacon.
Prepare a colony ship, and maybe a scout ship.
Send three more probes.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 02:45:16 pm »

The alien battery is further tested. Revealing absolutely nothing else of interest; its just a small, incredibly old battery, that still works.

Quote from:  New probe findings.
Spoiler:  (9303) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  (9310) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  (9311) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Updated Mineral scans.
Spoiler:  (9302) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  (9305) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  (9307) (click to show/hide)

Work has started on a colony ship. It will be done next turn. (2/5iu)
Work has started on a messenger. (3/5iu)

The fleet is deployed to the distress beacon on (9302, II).
Is in orbit in a matter of moments.
You are now in control of Harbringer's Lord.
You attempt to open communications with the downed ship. No one answers.
Its quiet, too quiet...
"Sir! Fleet detected around the orbit of the radiated planet, charging their guns. Your orders, Sir?! "

Well, what do you do?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »

Match their speed and keep the planet between us and them for now. Start charging our guns. Get a count on the size and number of the fleet.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 03:09:01 pm »

agree, need more information on this fleet. avoid visual contact, detector full power, prepare to raise shield in case of impact alert. Try to communicate and STAY CALM. oh, and charge every gun on board.
PS: how many ships have we, and what are they exactly? size, role, weapons...
Full Sig

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:29 pm »

((For simplicity and ease of play, your only in charge of the Harbringer, unless you want to switch over to a simple fighter or something...))

Quote from:  Our Fleet
Spoiler:  "Harbringer" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Two Carriers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Six Skirmishers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Two Hundred Fighters (click to show/hide)

"Enemy fleet scans, on screen. Seems to be about Eight Skirmisher class ships and one big one that looks like it's made out of scrap metal, all of em shielded. I'll send them an comm request."

A few seconds later an enemy laser blast incinerates one of your Skirmishers, before it can raise it shields. Guess they don't want to talk, huh?
Your fleet manages to keep the same distance away from the Pirate fleet, long enough to raise your Fleet's shields and charge your Fleet's guns.

Well, what do you want to do now?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 10:34:30 pm »

"Give the big one everything we have! Once it drops the Skirmishers have no chance against this ship."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 02:28:03 pm »

"raise shields to max! bring us to medium range. fire the shiprender on the big one, then plasma mortar salvo. If still non-wrecked, finish him. all the rest, focus on skirmishers one by one."
Full Sig

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:40 pm »

The Harbringer moves closer to the Pirate Capital Ship, it evades another blast from a laser and takes a few rockets, which blow up harmlessly upon impacting the shields. One of the Enemy Skirmishers begins charging an EMP bomb, only to be blown apart at the last moment by one of your Skirmisher's "Hullripper" shots.
The "Shiprender" fires, rending a hole through the Enemy Capital Ship's shield like a hot knife through a Brandx's Generic Milk Product. The Harbringer follows this up with a devastating Plasma Mortar Volley, which tears the Enemy's Capital Ship apart and blows up a nearby enemy Skirmisher that was near it.
While you were busy commanding the Harbringer, your Skirmishers managed to blow up four enemies, with only two losses of their own. No other losses were reported.
"Parlay?" pops up on your comms screen, while the three Skirmisher Class Pirate Vessels retreat back to the radiated planet's orbit.

Well, what do you do now?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:18:03 pm by filiusenox »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 01:41:36 am »

Respond to the Parlay request.

"Yeah. We'll bite. What the hell was that about? I can tolerate pirates, but I wont suffer stupidity. What the hell did you think would happen when you opened fire on a damn military fleet?"

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 09:52:47 am »

yeah, parlay. Don't flee or we'll shot.
You're conscripted. And there's no "No". Consider yourselves as "First ExtraValkren Auxiliary Squadron" from now on.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3