Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legendary dwarves are no longer safe from mandates  (Read 3098 times)

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary dwarves are no longer safe from mandates
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:24:39 am »

I just had my legendary Bone Carver put in prison for failing to produce two Large Gems. I cautiously destroyed the rope restraint holding him back, and sure enough, the Captain of the Guard came and beat him. Fortunately I had him using a willow crossbow, so there was no damage.

It seems that Legendary dwarves can be held accountable for failing to produce for a mandate by being randomly chosen now.
I'm on and off. I usually pop up for a few months then head out for a few.

You've got tentacle teeth or ribbon goblins.  Pick your poison.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary dwarves are no longer safe from mandates
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:31:00 am »

They've always been able to be punished for not fulfilling mandates. You're thinking of the economy that legendarys are exempt from.

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:40:22 am »

In .40d, and on the wiki, it says that legendary dwarves are immune from mandate related punishments.
I'm on and off. I usually pop up for a few months then head out for a few.

You've got tentacle teeth or ribbon goblins.  Pick your poison.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:52:39 am »

In .40d, and on the wiki, it says that legendary dwarves are immune from mandate related punishments.
You sure thats for the current version?

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:13:32 am »

I almost pointed out how much fail was welled up within Kallin's statement. I was very close to doing so, but then I thought "Restricted, my dear boy, why do you need to point out such glorious and magnificent fail? It would be far more preferable to allow others to see this fail in all its glory, unadulterated by an idiot comment by you simply pointing out the fail. This fail is a glorious thing, one which is not oft encountered. It is to be cherished and held dearly, to be kept for better times [sigged], and a reminder of how we are the fortunate ones."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As well, nothing is safe from Mandates. I've had my captain of the guard attempt to beat himself due to mandates.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:31:15 am »

I almost pointed out how much fail was welled up within Kallin's statement. I was very close to doing so, but then I thought "Restricted, my dear boy, why do you need to point out such glorious and magnificent fail? It would be far more preferable to allow others to see this fail in all its glory, unadulterated by an idiot comment by you simply pointing out the fail. This fail is a glorious thing, one which is not oft encountered. It is to be cherished and held dearly, to be kept for better times [sigged], and a reminder of how we are the fortunate ones."

As well, nothing is safe from Mandates. I've had my captain of the guard attempt to beat himself due to mandates.

The Emo of the Guard.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 07:03:09 am »

That guy looks like a dwarf without a beard. Naked, silly and with weapons.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:24 am »

What's on his face?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:27 am »

What's on his face?

Fungus and jam.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 07:31:41 am »

What's on his face?

If you call that a beard, you must be an elf  :P
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 08:57:59 am »

Do you know what the words "are no longer" mean?

Consider the wiki page on mandates, for DF2010. It contains the line "If the noble can't sentence any dwarves for punishment because of noble or legendary status" suggesting that a noble and legendary dwarves cannot be punished. I'll remind you again that this is the DF2010 page. You know, the current version?

There's nothing wrong with saying "in my past experience, and on the current wiki, it suggests that Legendary dwarves cannot be punished for failed mandates, and thus I was surprised when my legendary dwarf was punished for a failed mandate."

Search for your childish fails elsewhere, preferably on a different website.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:10:06 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 09:32:12 am »

You:
and you:
get yourself avatars, please.
As for the wiki, it was written quite a while ago, and most articles got copy-pasted from older version without verifying, or with minor additions instead of rewrite. This may be the case as not much about crimes was changed in 2010 release.
This reminded me the scene from the fight club, where Norton was beating himself before his boss.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:08 am »

Search for your childish fails elsewhere, preferably on a different website.

I second this notion.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 01:25:42 pm »

The little shit even sigged it.

Kallin don't pay him any mind. At all.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 01:31:06 pm »

Can't we just all agree that toast is good?
Wait. Wrong thread.

REGARDLESS, STOP ARGUING PEOPLE.
Pages: [1] 2