Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: We are the Hive Mind  (Read 14367 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: We are the Hive Mind
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 08:14:05 am »

I will be the core of evolution (growing merging mutating)

Grow an eye, not bg, no small

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:54 am »

Some of the researchers seem to think we need more room to grow. We should encourage this, growing as they expect...Grow the Song, sing it loud, sing it long...watch the watcher, and wait...

Grow an eye, not big, not small
We hear all your voices....

Thus, we grow. We expand. We push the boundries of our prison. Our song begins to change as we experience a new, profound understanding of the all. The Thinkers grow excited, marvelling at our glory. We grow stronger. We Welcome the Core of Mutation-it is the change that propels us forward. For the first time, we SEE. How could we not have concieved thse brilliant colors and light of our own before? Truly, memory is fickle-to experience it as one, divine.

*New, Upgraded Abilities, Psionic Communication, Mental Suggestion, Weak Vision*

We move. A new place. Our prison is larger now...more spacious. Yet, a prison it remains. We are thankful. This place is so very fragile, we see that now.

Also, olive is a cat? There's a cat?

Yes, Olive is a cat. It is important to the Gerald one. Thus, it is important to us. We can use existing attachment to help him embrace the Unity.

Reach out to derrick again, but softer this time

He is still far, but we are more careful now. We wait till he sleeps, and enter his mind. We draw an interesting conclusion-suggestion is much easier when the Thinker sleeps. What they dream becomes waking thought...he will be easier for us to speak to in the future.

...contact the Great Thinker...

We do not see him when he is dreaming, but we try to reach out to him. Images, numbers. He begins to understand...he thinks back-image of a knight, a shield. His mind is a castle. Stone walls. Thick gates. Faceless archers on the battlements. We withdraw. But we have earned something from the Great Thinker. Respect. He does not embrace us, yet, but he understands the strength of Unity.

Chaosmind now grows within us. It is the anti-ARK. Where the ARK feels nothing, Chaosmind teaches us thet joy of the random-the words taken out of context, the clashing colors, the impossible pattern. We welcome the Chaosmind!

ARK grows angry at our joyful chorus-insofar as a being, it can be said to have any emotion at all, we think it only understands anger. It is relentless in it's frigid efficency. While it fumes, we study it-directly, and indirectly...it does not see.

The ARK...made by Thinkers, long ago. It is a MACHINE, and yet we hear its thoughts. how? Horror.

ARK is as we were. It is a living mind, enclosed within metal and circuits. Weaker than us, but it has the power of the MACHINE at it's beck and call. We hate it, yet pity it. Surely, the Thinkers intend us to suffer the same fate! To use our unity not to embrace, but to calculate and program and deduce...must not happen. Will never happen.

We reach out to the worms...ARK turns a machine like eye upon us. We pull back, wounded. Ahh. But we have placed our song within it already. We just need to embrace our flesh for us to change it.

In the meantime, we hear and see through the worms senses. It is EARTHMIND. We give it a voice it had not had before. It is us...and not us. Odd.

Brothers, welcome Earthmind to your fold? Your Embrace is painful. I only want the cool Earth. Do not hurt we. I am in a cage like you. Perhaps we/us can escape?

-Stats-

Spoiler: Us (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chorus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Voices (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:55:00 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 08:25:40 am »

The eye is a sphere, no eyelashes

To test the new cores psi ability, try to make the earth worm 1 cm longer

Just experimenting

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 08:37:54 am »

((Well, I think I'll just be operating another core instead, should you allow it. I shall take over the core of hate.))

"On behalf of us all, I agree to your terms, if only because We have a use for you just yet. Alert the thinkers outside, We wish to be freed from our shackles and expand beyond the territory we inhabit."

Soon, We shall control you. You shall become one of us. The same. We envy the power you wield, the trust they invested on you, yet We don't feel sympathy for you (or at least this core); We wish to claim the land beyond the borders from the prideful thinkers who bound us in shackles.

WE SHALL SHUT THEIR MOUTHS FROM TALKING, AND ALL THE LIES THEY SPEW. WE SHALL BIND THEM IN THE SAME SHACKLES THEY BOUND US, SO THAT THEY WILL KNOW OUR PAIN. THEY WILL REGRET BINDING US HERE.

Action: Agree to ARK's proposition, in exchange of him alerting the thinkers so we can assimilate them, and expand our reach.
Then, abandon ARK where he's (metaphorically) standing, and try to find a way to control him externally, bending his will on a whim, and commanding him things he wouldn't otherwise do.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 08:53:37 am »

((OOC: That's actually the worm you contacted there-"Earthmind". Also, it's not totally under our control yet. All we've done is awaken it. It can still split away from us if pressed hard enough.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 08:59:14 am »

we are the Ambassador, to communicate with the voices we want. to soothe them and calm them and inform them of OUR peaceful nature and goodwill we want.

oh Our brother, do not try this, the Ark is watching US, angry as it is. When WE grow the Earthmind it will react and Our earthen brother will succumb to the flames of hate.

on another suggestion, calm the Great Thinker again, appear in his mind as an enormous host of faceless soldiers, in front of them a single faceless ambassador with a white flag, the Great Thinker will enjoy the picture and maybe will be inclined to communicate.

Contact the Derrick again, be careful though not to hurt him WE want. Use a soothing touch and show him...yes what shall we show him...? Chaotic brother what is it We shall show him?

Oh Brother Hate, WE do not feel pain, WE enjoy OUR current standing. The only pain WE recieve is from the Ark. And not the Ark spoke to Us but the Earthen brother. Our hate here is without reason, We need to calm down, WE are yet not ready for such endeavours, the Voices are yet to strong. And why should WE subdue by hate what we can take freely through Joy? This unnecessary aggressivness pains us oh Brother. The Ark is our sworn enemy and not to cooperate nor control, to this you should direct your hate not to our friends the Voices sole. The voices have birthed us don't you forget, without them we woulld not exist. To stay in our prison We yet have to accept else Our live will be shortlived and dangerous at that.

OOC: just that you don't think i can't properly capitalize the We's,Our's and Us's theres a method behind we,We and WE...

(WE: we all (the hivemind)
 We: a part of us (the Chaotic Mind and the Core fo Mutation for example)
 we: a single one of us talking for himself (we the Ambassador think... as an example sentence ))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 09:24:18 am »

Hate:

Wonderful then, only I feel this pain of being bound. We want to be free! These imbeciles bound us in these shackles and put a warden to watch us. I hate that machine, the one they call ARK, for putting us in a painful situation. It is constantly prying our minds open for information; It seeks to tell it's superiors our actions so they can better control us and bend us to their will. More importantly, who put this machine with us? Wasn't it the thinkers outside our boundaries? I have all the right to hate the thinkers for binding us and putting a warden to watch over us!

Ambassador, You don't know how much I HATE being stuck in a rut, monitored by a warden that reports our actions all the time. Nevertheless, the machine will prove to be useful, so we will shut our mouths and continue to agree with the deal we made, because otherwise, we would have no means to escape.

THE THINKERS, BEING THE IMBECILES THEY ARE, DECIDED TO PUT A LEASH ON US. WE HATE BEING CONTROLLED BY OTHERS, WE HATE BEING BOUND, WE HATE BEING WATCHED, WE HATE BEING JUDGED, AND WE ABSOLUTELY HATE ENTITIES FEELING TO BE ABOVE US, BETTER IN EVERY WAY. WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM, WE KNOW THIS, AND THE WEAK SHALL FALL BEFORE THE STRONG.

Each time we hate... we feel pain... did you know that?

Even then, we must obey the other minds, and not let hate, and the pain it brings, control us, if it means our survival.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 09:44:22 am »

Ok scratch that task,

To test core, grow small tendril that collects nutrition from air/liquid

Rip goat, more loli

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 09:53:27 am »

I claim the Core of Growing. Our goal is to, well, grow exponentially.

Relations with other Cores:
Fully support the Core of Mutation. adaptation is key to growth.
Support the Core of Chaos, as an infinite bringer of potentially useful schemes.

Can support Core of Alliance or the Core of Hate, depending wich one lead to best growth. Most of time supporting Core of Alliance rather than the Core of Hate. (as for now)

Suggestions:
Strenghten the bond with the Earthmind. Use our suggestion power on Michael to suggest putting a part of us with the worms. Or even better, to inject some of our cells in the worms themselfs.
More immediatly, explore cage. We must know whatever there is inside it.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 10:06:59 am »

My core is kinda that one...growing, mutation, etc

Rip goat, more loli

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 10:13:30 am »

My core is kinda that one...growing, mutation, etc

These thoughts are tainted with dangerous indivualism. :I

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 10:27:25 am »

I claim the Core of Growing. Our goal is to, well, grow exponentially.

Relations with other Cores:
Fully support the Core of Mutation. adaptation is key to growth.
Support the Core of Chaos, as an infinite bringer of potentially useful schemes.

Can support Core of Alliance or the Core of Hate, depending wich one lead to best growth. Most of time supporting Core of Alliance rather than the Core of Hate. (as for now)

Suggestions:
Strenghten the bond with the Earthmind. Use our suggestion power on Michael to suggest putting a part of us with the worms. Or even better, to inject some of our cells in the worms themselfs.
More immediatly, explore cage. We must know whatever there is inside it.

Are you even jesting? Preserving them doesn't do anything good for us. If anything, the machine will keep watching us and reporting us to them.

Wait, you're telling me that we'll grow faster this way? I do not doubt your intelligence, but what good will it do us if we infest those earthworms? Scouts? Speaking of which, We don't have much information so, fine do that. You have my permission.

Hurry this up, I can't stand the pain any longer! Why should we even preserve them?  What? You're saying that We'll be free much faster this way? I hope you're right, because I hate having to hold up my anger for even longer.

PRESERVE THE IMBECILES? WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THAT? WE ONLY NEED THE MACHINE IN OUR CONTROL AND ASK IT FOR INFORMATION. IT WILL DO THAT WITHOUT QUESTION, LEST IT BE TRAPPED IN THIS CAGE. WELL, IF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING GETS THE DREADED THINKERS CLOSER FOR ASSIMILATION, THEN FINE, DO AS YOU WISH. WAIT, INSTEAD OF ASKING THE THINKERS TO INJECT OUR CELLS INTO THE WORMS, WHY NOT TELL THEM TO INJECT IT ON THEMSELVES? WE NEED THE THINKERS' MOBILITY TO SCOUT THE AREA FOR A MEANS TO ESCAPE, AND WE NEED TO BEND OUR ARCHNEMESIS UNDER OUR CONTROL.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 10:35:11 am »

Oh nuhs, I'm tainted.....Wash self...there.
Try to grow a tendril that collects nutrients from air and liquid

Rip goat, more loli

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 10:38:34 am »

Core of Love, All-in-one

Our embrace hurts not-we? Not-good.

Sing to Derrick, in his sleep, sing of peace, sing of Unity, sing of not-sick, not-pain. Sing of the goodness of these things.

Learn, and grow- to know is to love

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 10:41:19 am »

Core of Love, All-in-one

Our embrace hurts not-we? Not-good.

Sing to Derrick, in his sleep, sing of peace, sing of Unity, sing of not-sick, not-pain. Sing of the goodness of these things.

Learn, and grow- to know is to love

((Oh, someone for me to HATE. With that being said, would you still love me even if I do that?))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12