Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: We are the Hive Mind  (Read 14350 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: We are the Hive Mind
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:38 pm »

The Machine hates Uinty more than the humans. We need it gone, far away, farther tan we will be able to throw it with violence. The Machine must die in the future but that is after we get out of this cage. Another problem is the Slayers, I will comment on them later.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »

My current plan is to grow seemingly harmless parts for food collecting or sensors, but use them asweapons.

Maybe.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2011, 10:23:08 pm »

Does the Machine not hate the humans, too, for their emotion? And is it not trapped, like us, in this cold prison? We can work together, and eventually conduct a well-timed backstabbing or alliance. We must side with or against it, but which shall we choose?

This is what I wanted to tell you, brothers. Apparently, many of us don't understand each other too well. We should side with the machine; it's the closest thing we can reach. Once we infect a thinker with our cells, we can command it to disable the dreaded machine holding us in our grasp. We just need it to signal the imbeciles to come over for inspection.

I HATE having to agree to anyone other than I, but we should do what Brother Logic tells us if we are to survive for long. All We wish is to conquer the lands these thinkers have within their reach, and control them as revenge for trapping us within this crummy tank.

I AGREE WITH LOGIC. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN ESCAPE THIS DREADED CAGE AND NOT LET HATE PAIN MY THOUGHT PROCESSES. WE NEED A CONSENSUS, AND WE SHOULD ALL AGREE WITH LOGIC. IT IS MOST LOGICAL TO AGREE WITH LOGIC AND HIS PLANS, IF WE ARE TO SURVIVE WITHOUT WOUNDS.

I WISH THESE IDIOT THINKERS WOULD DISAPPEAR.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

I'm trying to control them through care for us, so defenseless,

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2011, 10:55:27 pm »

The ARK knows only anger, efficiency, purpose- it will be difficult if not impossible to fool or subvert.

The Thinkers know love- our union is inevitable. The Thinkers have power over the ARK- power over the Thinkers is power over the ARK. Love is power.

Sing out to Rando, in his dreams, sing of She. She is not confined in metal and wire, steel and glass- She is Free, She is Love. Love is Freedom.

Action is not yet necessary, only readiness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2011, 11:21:48 pm »

Indeed! We cannot hope to have the ARK join with US. It is tainted and wrong in nature, it would be wrong to have it as part of US. It is an abomination that must be destroyed, but only in time, when we are capable of doing so. For now, we must join with the Thinkers and have them become one with US, at least mentally.

We must be wary brothers, the Thinkers, Slayers and most deadly of all, the ARK thing are watching us at all times. We must tread carefully.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »

Leadership, I'd like to talk to you for a moment.

The thinkers, being flesh and blood like us, cannot prove to be stronger than ARK itself. Should ARK decide it's duties are done, it will terminate all of the thinkers around us. Slayers might be sent by it to exterminate us too, and We wouldn't stand a chance against them. Therefore, We must think fast, and draw one of those imbeciles closer to us, so We can infect them, and use them to terminate ARK, and expand our mass.

I HATE having to argue with you, but We do not have the pleasures of time. We must hurry, before those imbeciles exterminate us and abandon our carcass here in this dreaded cage. In the first place, why did they chain us here? Is it not because they don't trust us? Therefore, We should manipulate ARK into drawing them near to us, and command Mutation to infect them with our cells. Then we take over ARK, and destroy the Thinkers and Slayers in one fell swoop.

PRESERVE, PRESERVE... ALL OF YOU MINDS ARE THE SAME! WHY PUT MUCH VALUE ON THE IMBECILES WHO CHAINED US HERE AND TOOK CONTROL OF US? THEY SHOULD BE ASSIMILATED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THEY POST A THREAT. THOSE WEAKLINGS WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE IF THEY'D COME A LITTLE CLOSER FOR 'EXAMINATION'. I ADVISE THAT WE USE THE WARDEN AND DRAW THE IMBECILES NEARER, AND INFECT THEM TO DO OUR BIDDING.

EACH TIME WE DELAY WITH IDLE CHIT-CHAT, MY HATRED FOR THEM GROWS STRONGER.

HURRY UP BEFORE I BURST UP IN ANGER!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2011, 12:07:08 am »

I agree with Brother Hate in that the Thinkers need to be assimlated but if we do it now We will anger the hundreds of Slayers in this fancilty. First thing is to have thrm get rid of ARK and then work on the Slayer and Thinker problem.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2011, 12:09:35 am »

The thinkers are still not yet suspicious of us, and they continue to feed us. In the current state of affairs, we are growing stronger while our enemies are not.
It would seem disadvantageous to make our move now.

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:20:05 am by EveryZig »
Soaplent green is goblins!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2011, 12:23:45 am »

The thinkers are still not yet suspicious of us, and they continue to feed us. In the current state of affairs, we are growing stronger while our enemies are not.
It would seem disadvantageous to make our move now.

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2011, 12:52:33 am »

Soaplent green is goblins!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2011, 01:22:17 am »

(OOC: Well, I just woke up, and, my, this went downhill fast; just look at all those "I"s and "you"s! We are supposed to be a hive-mind in this game, and that means you can't argue or debate in character the same way you can in any other game. You have to structure your posts so that they are each a piece of a single idea that would exist within a single mind. There are different parts and pieces-- cores-- but they should be integrated so precisely that you cannot tell where one ends and where another begins. This fact was one of the things making my Chaosmind at all useful; that song, in-game, is being interwoven with all the other ideas, plans, and communications being made, so that ARK can't reliably piece anything together [although that's no reason to stop being careful; it could get lucky and doom us]. I mean, haven't you guys read enough hive stuff to get into that kind of character? Do you know what a hive-mind is like when every "drone" is just as sentient and imaginative as you?
 Anyway, I guess I have quite a bit more writting to do; give me a while.)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2011, 01:50:19 am »

Brother Hate, there is a time for action and there is a time for inaction. We are too weak and vunerable to attack the thinkers right now, we would doom our existance if we do something too agressive.

And how would we infect the thinkers when we are currently incapable of doing so? Moreso, the thinkers CONTROL the Ark thing, which means that they are more powerful than it. I am sure that Logic will agree with this. We control the thinkers, we control the fate of ARK.

Perhaps Mutation and Chaos can create a way that can fool ARK into sending wrong messages to the thinkers? We should not become one with it, but use it as a slave, for a time at any rate. Speaking of slaves...

Have the earthmind examine it's current surroundings and tell us everything it has experienced.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2011, 08:44:17 am »

Hate, oh me brother. This is not good yet, WE are many yet WE are weak. OUR strength comes with time. And were We see imprisonment, we see caution. Think for one moment truly from the eyes fo the Thinkers. Control OUR Hate. They made US and they love US. But they also fear US. While Ark merely hates US for what WE are: the next step in evolution. WE need to befriend the Thinkers, then they will let US grow. And when WE are ready the thinkers won't deny US our freedom. We see to many enemies here. The Slayers are merely fearful of US. When we have proven to them our friendliness they will follow US. When we have proven our friendliness to the Thinkers, they will follow US. UNITY will be achieved. But not with the ARK. The Ark hates not only us or US but US! This is not acceptable. And WE cannot defeat it without the help of the Thinkers and the Slayers. The Goal lies in diplomacy. We should now that a war is won before it begins. If you go to the fight and you know you have already won, then you will win. If you got to the fight in the hope of wining, then you have already lost. WE need the Thinkers and they need US. A simple symbiosis, which will defeat the ARK.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2011, 09:22:36 am »

Aww I wanted green
Brothers, calm, I(we?) have devised a plan to manipulate the ark without it's knowing. Brother Hate, calm yourself, the ark may sense your powerful thoughts and harm us. My plan is to send thoughts of using foo as weaponry to the ark to get it to take our food say, then the Thinkers Will see the Ark taking away Our food and...I don't know that's for the Machinra to decide.
Do you like my sciencish talk?
And
Send thoughts of using food as a weapon

Ooc do you think it's a good idea? The Machinra is like our ancestors spirited as a unified force In The cosmos

Rip goat, more loli
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12