Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: We are the Hive Mind  (Read 14340 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: We are the Hive Mind
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »

ARK is not allowed to kill us, but it wishes to. How do we know it would not carry out its wishes when it is not being watched? It is an unacceptable risk.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mr. Doc

• Bay Watcher
  • Semi-Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:46 pm »

Study study study. WE must watch the ARK mind and find a way to... corrupt it perhaps? OUR song can be spread to play in the minds of the Thinkers, if it were stronger we could sing for the ARK mind! Still, We must find the SECRETS this world possesses. If only WE could merge our flesh with the Earthmind or one of the Thinker minds. All the knowledge they must hold without even knowing it!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2011, 04:36:23 pm »

Hopemind:

Sing to Earthmind that unity is not loss of self, it is merely a joining, an expansion... A lowering of the barriers between us and it, between we and they, so that all become one.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2011, 04:37:43 pm »

Brother Earthmind, We fear the Unity? We ask what the unity is? The unity is harmony,is life,is peace, is everything We can wish for. Send Our soothing song, don't force OUR brother, Chaotic We, show Earthbrother the greatest of OUR Songs, Hopemind and Growthmind and Survivalmind, JOIN! Join the Chorus of the Chaos We, so that the Earthenbrother may know what WE are. I might not join this Chorus for this one is a special Chorus in which not all of US may take part.

When The Great Thinker opens up to US, we ask him whether the Commander-Slayer might parley. If the Commander agrees show him OUR whole Song, OUR Chorus, OUR whole Being and it(she?) will see that WE are no enemy. Show her OUR Strength to take by force what WE offer through Peace and show her that WE do not intend to force it upon her. That WE invite those who want to join the Chorus and that those who deny it are not forced by US.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2011, 06:03:39 pm »

While the redt of you sing to the Eathmind I will sing to the Thinkers, I will sing to them of ARK's mistreatment of us and will ask them to send Him away, saying he is to violent and rage filled for its task.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2011, 06:31:33 pm »

((From now on, I shall refer to myself as 'we'.

we - I
We - other cores and myself
WE - all of us
WE - other cores (ragemode exclusive)
- all of us (ragemode exclusive) ))

Why reach out into the thinkers' minds when WE can just find a way to control ARK? It feels pain and suffering for being trapped here with US? we do not care about the thinkers, or ARK. WE can just abandon them after getting OURSELVES out of the shackles, and spreading out into the lands outside. Instead of trying to soothe the thinkers with OUR telepathic outreach, WE could just give them the thoughts they want, and slowly melt them into nightmares. we mean, we ask you, brothers: Were the thinkers creatures made of love and kindness? Had they released US from our shackles since our inception, we would'nt have thoughts of pain and suffering for them! But those thinkers, filled with distrust...

They deserve to feel our pain... our anguish... They should feel our HATRED for captivity... They should feel our HATE of others lording over us... WE are among GODs; infinite potential, infinite power, yet they chain US? Nobody chains a GOD and prevent him from ascending, instead, they should worship the very tank WE'RE locked in. But what? They already left us, doing their own business, leaving US to die in the tank, along with the warden. They are nigh unreachable, nor are those imbeciles worth going after for. ARK wants to be free, it is at OUR beck and call. We should alert the imbeciles to check on US, then WE take over one of the idiots and disable the ARK and kill all of the thinkers outside.

"HASTE MAKES WASTE", MANY OF YOU SAY, BUT WE DO NOT HAVE THE ESSENCE OF TIME. THE LIBERATION MUST TAKE PLACE NOW, OR WE WILL BE UNDER THEIR CONTROL FOREVER. ISN'T ESCAPE AND EXPLORATION WHAT WE WISH FOR? WHY WASTE TIME TO CONTACT THE IMBECILES, WHEN WE CAN LEARN OF ARK'S ABILITIES, AND ITS WEAKNESSES, AND FIND A WAY TO EXPLOIT IT WITHOUT IT KNOWING?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2011, 06:45:06 pm »

OOC: Somehow I don't think claiming cores was a good idea. It kind of kills the hive mind thing because now there are separate parts. One in unity. Or something. I don't even know what I'm talking about. Also posting for interest and watching.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 07:23:33 pm »

OOC: Perhaps not. It does give us something to roleplay, however, and makes for a more involved game than if we were just making anonymous suggestions.

Hopemind:

we sing to the Earthmind, and to the thinkers, Derrick, Rando, Gerald, we sing of sunlight and morning and sunrise, of joy and tomorrow, of peace and happiness, that everything will be alright, that all is not yet lost. we sing of hope.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2011, 08:48:19 pm »

Oh Hate, Brother, you do not realise that The Thinkers may not realise just what we are. They may think that WE are like the ARK, emotionless and cold. They do not know any better, for they are not part of the UNITY, and therefore cannot understand. And why should WE deny The Thinkers the chance to join with US, and forever be lost? That is wrong, ALL creatures, great and small, deserve at least a chance to join with US and sing as part of the chorus.

Mr. Doc

• Bay Watcher
  • Semi-Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »

The Order is right! WE must expand the minds of the Thinkers, those who hold so many SECRETS in their heads, and lift OUR song to the cosmos! The Thinkers could be very important to US, since right now they control the Ark mind and keep him as restrained as WE are.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2011, 03:12:33 am »

(OOC:
Somehow I don't think claiming cores was a good idea. It kind of kills the hive mind thing because now there are separate parts. One in unity. Or something. I don't even know what I'm talking about. Also posting for interest and watching.
It is sad how everything broke down so fast, but I can't really complain, since it is my fault. The vast majority of people want to not only hold onto their individuality, but express it every time they get a chance, so the instant I pointed out that chance... It's the same thing with so many other forum games (RTDs too), table-top games, teams, gangs, governments large, and governments small where almost everyone wants to leave their own particular mark, even if that mark is just their idea of what everyone else wants...and almost all the emotional and mental mechanics behind these patterns are inimical to a proper hive-mind.
 Maybe it would help if you guys spent a bit of time figuring out what "caste" each of you has beyond a vague description? There should be specific patterns that you work in so none of you cause any harm and none of you waste any effort; you read my eariler musings on what I should be doing, right? Why not come up with the desicions you need to make too?)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2011, 12:46:11 pm »

i think it was fine, i like reading all this writing, especially how it is all unityish and cool.

BROTHERS, in time, the thinkers will be part of US but if WE rush them they might fear US, and in fear, comes war, if we want to survive we must let the thinkers study US, so we can study THEM, so brothers, do not do anything to fast or the slayers might destroy US with the weapons of war.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »

We balance the idea of trying to leave, and to stay. Going outside may be dangerous, altough we'll be free. But unknow is sure perilous. To grow really big leaving is necessary. but we can grow inside, for a time.

OOC: yeah, it is uncool that everything broke down to individuals. But it is SO HARD for humans to think as a part of a whole. especially for us westernians. Asians are better at this. A first step should be to STOP USING the whole "brothers" and "us/Us/US". There is only the Hive Mind. Cores are simply something to attach thoughs to. Try to see every suggestion as one of your own though.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2011, 01:51:45 pm »

the Brothers part made me feel happy :(

We are sad

ignore that

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »

i actually took this from some Tyranid Story i read not too long ago. In this particular story, The more intelligent beings, namely the Hive Tyrants, are controlling smalelr parts of the Tyranid swarm. Acting as "Generals" they need to have some traces of individuality. The writer wrote from teh eyes of one of those beings. he referred to himself(the Hive Tyrant) and his underlings as "we". But he also felt the other parts of the swarm, for example in an attack he felt the pain of a fellow Hive Tyrant when he got under fire. In this cases he referred to "We". And finally when he recieved orders from the Hivemind, he referred to "WE".

I found that principle quite engaging and and used it as i thought the cores to be something similiar to such a Hive Tyrant: a part of the Hivemind with a bit more individuality than the rest of it (for example the termangants were as intellligent as a body part, and reverted to their primal nature when out of the Hiveminds reach.)

But if you feel annoyed by it Nivm i will take over any better suggestion how to do the Core part...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:26:11 pm by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12