Advanced search  

Poll

The SOUL

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 13, 2011, 08:55:32 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: THE SOUL  (Read 23004 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
THE SOUL
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »

Who am I?

What am I?

You blink the crust from your eyes. It's dark in here, wherever you are.

What is your name?
What are your skills?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:31:16 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Title to Come]
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »

I am confuse. Are Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Spirit, Light, Dark the skills, or something else?

But as far as name goes, "Johan Goshawk IX" will do fine
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:56:22 pm »

I am confuse. Are Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Spirit, Light, Dark the skills, or something else?

I moved them up to a poll for less confusion.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:59:03 pm »

Right.

Name: Johan Goshawk IX
Skills: Expert Survivalist, Adequate Spearman
channel = #bay12lb

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »

Your name is Leon Eligarii.

You are a God, Fallen from glorious Heaven. Smited for reasons you know alone, you are no longer as powerful as you once were.

You have control over Fire, Magma, and Human Rage.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »

This name is quite acceptable.

For elements, can we go with Carbon?  :P
From the listed elements, though, I would go with Earth (as long as that includes metals).
Soaplent green is goblins!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 09:52:12 pm »

I shall go with Leon Kleto Atreides III, whose element is the element of void, which is only capable of destruction and sending others into nonexistence.

Also: Expert Military Tactics, Adequate Swordsman, Adequate Armor-User, Expert Alchemy.

As mentioned, his main element is void, but he can use the elemental triad of fire, ice and lightning with minor difficulty. He is quite a jerk, and a cocky one at that too.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 09:55:50 pm »

I am now, confuzzled.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:17 pm »

@New Guy: Nice Dune reference there.
channel = #bay12lb

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 10:09:23 pm »

I shall go with Leon Kleto Atreides III, whose element is the element of void, which is only capable of destruction and sending others into nonexistence.

Also: Expert Military Tactics, Adequate Swordsman, Adequate Armor-User, Expert Alchemy.

As mentioned, his main element is void, but he can use the elemental triad of fire, ice and lightning with minor difficulty. He is quite a jerk, and a cocky one at that too.
Only one and only one of the Seven please.

Also, this is set in the modern day, so any classical skills will be transfered to their most applicable modern skill, such as Swords into Rifles, Knives into Pistols, Alchemy into Chemistry, Archery into Long Range Weapondry, ect.

However you may be surprised what can be apllicable in a modern profession. Fencing, for example, could be useful; as could be, say Nuclear Physics, or Tactics, maybe some sort of Mortology.

BTW, the skills will determine your background. Erratic skills are likely to net you a position in the Unemployment department, although one or two can be easily handwaved. Your background can have a heavy impact on the story.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »

Only one and only one of the Seven please.

Also, this is set in the modern day, so any classical skills will be transfered to their most applicable modern skill, such as Swords into Rifles, Knives into Pistols, Alchemy into Chemistry, Archery into Long Range Weapondry, ect.

However you may be surprised what can be apllicable in a modern profession. Fencing, for example, could be useful; as could be, say Nuclear Physics, or Tactics, maybe some sort of Mortology.

BTW, the skills will determine your background. Erratic skills are likely to net you a position in the Unemployment department, although one or two can be easily handwaved. Your background can have a heavy impact on the story.

That clears things up, if only a bit

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 10:13:40 pm »

Are our skills newly acquired, or has our character had them most/all of their life? With some powers, using them could be a profession in itself.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 10:17:14 pm »

The haze and mystery around what the element choice is for is plot-reinforced, so no help from me.

That being said, the skills are from your previous profession. They're (often) unalterable, so choose wisely. These are skills you've been slowly grinding for your life, just like normal ones. They're things you went to college for, or took a class in. They can be self-taught, to a beliveable level. They can help you when (or if) you Awaken.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 10:36:11 pm »

Alright, now that that's cleared up, I shall make a serious one now, appropriate of the time and place and stuff.

Name: Edgar Neuschwanstein
Elemental Affinity: Fire "It destroys, but in the right hands, it can be used to develop lives."
Job: Scientist (DF terminology: Adequate Alchemy, Adequate Cook, Adequate Herbalism, and more of them doctory skills in DF)
Carries: Medical Equipment, Assorted Chemicals, 1 Beaker, 2 empty phials, 1 Hot plate, 1 switchblade, Knowledge of Chemicals, and Basic Knowledge of Medicine.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:58 pm »

Alright, now that that's cleared up, I shall make a serious one now, appropriate of the time and place and stuff.

Name: Edgar Neuschwanstein
Elemental Affinity: Fire "It destroys, but in the right hands, it can be used to develop lives."
Job: Scientist (DF terminology: Adequate Alchemy, Adequate Cook, Adequate Herbalism, and more of them doctory skills in DF)
Carries: Medical Equipment, Assorted Chemicals, 1 Beaker, 2 empty phials, 1 Hot plate, 1 switchblade, Knowledge of Chemicals, and Basic Knowledge of Medicine.
The skills look decent, but fire is the least useful element. It is messy, and most other elements can counter it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18