Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

?

?
?

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

Author Topic: You are Flesh golem INSTANT DEATH ENDGAME.  (Read 48914 times)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
Re: You are Flesh golem
« Reply #720 on: May 07, 2012, 12:01:27 am »

You and Dothki decide to saunter down to the merchants and go shopping for necromantic Parts and Tools. Your first stop is a money changers and appraisers.

Aside from the plethora of mundane human corpses there are numerous Animal and magical creature parts.
Among the notables are:

Harpy wings -2500 gold per pair
Medusa eyes -7500 per pair
Siren Throat - 12,500

The Tools for sale include:

Soul Jars - 100 gold each or 800 for 10
Collar of Containment - 7500 gold (reduces soul drain to touch only.)
Dragon teeth. 1000 GP for 20
Concentrated Soul energy - 100 Gold per bottle (Details)
Blade of Tortured Souls -(steals the soul of whoever it kills under right conditions, Inquire for price and details.

There is also a Scrounger lurking in the shadows of an alley, who Informs you that they can acquire any thing you need in a couple of days, for the right price.

You have roughly 26,000 gold with your discount.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 07, 2012, 03:40:57 am »

Harpy wings would be useful but would be to hard to hide i think. Not to mention, we may be too heavy to effectively fly.
Medusa eyes sounds like it would make things boring, just stare at something and it falls over,turned to stone.
Siren throat definitely sounds alluring so i say we pick that up.

Also, those dragon teeth, Are they the kind with which you throw it on the ground and a bunch of warriors appear?
Also, ask about the blade of souls. If the necromancer has to use it it would make for a nice emergency weapon, and if we just break all the limbs of the poor sod we want dead Dothki can proceed to steal his soul by finishing it. If it's too expansive however we shouldn't buy it.
The collar of containment would be useful if Dothki becomes powerful enough to resurrect himself some more minions. or if the great necromancer dude sends us on a mission with some zombies.

so my votes for now are going to be the siren throat and inquiring about the blade.

Ask the scrounger for some bear jaw stuff. Biting hard enough to shatter bones would be a nice intimidation technique.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 07, 2012, 04:43:32 am »

Harpy wings would be useful but would be to hard to hide i think. Not to mention, we may be too heavy to effectively fly.
Medusa eyes sounds like it would make things boring, just stare at something and it falls over,turned to stone.
Siren throat definitely sounds alluring so i say we pick that up.

Also, those dragon teeth, Are they the kind with which you throw it on the ground and a bunch of warriors appear?
Also, ask about the blade of souls. If the necromancer has to use it it would make for a nice emergency weapon, and if we just break all the limbs of the poor sod we want dead Dothki can proceed to steal his soul by finishing it. If it's too expansive however we shouldn't buy it.
The collar of containment would be useful if Dothki becomes powerful enough to resurrect himself some more minions. or if the great necromancer dude sends us on a mission with some zombies.

so my votes for now are going to be the siren throat and inquiring about the blade.

Ask the scrounger for some bear jaw stuff. Biting hard enough to shatter bones would be a nice intimidation technique.
Agreed with all but no bear jaw it would be hard to put on and inposseble to hide
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 07, 2012, 05:24:24 am »

i mean more along the lines of something that allows us to bite hard enough.
There is probably something, if not biological there are probably magical clamps or something
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 07, 2012, 07:08:10 pm »

The harpy wings and Medusa eye presumably gives flight and a gaze to turn people into stone, but how does the siren throat work? Does it just give an specific song attack, or does it do something more complicated and versatile with our voice? will there be compatibility problems with the snake one?

we should get some of that concentrated energy, and if we can't already set up some way to very quickly break them in our belly with a single quick twitch.

pretty much all the other tools I want more detail on what they actually *do*.

Those dragon teeth are mentioned s tools... but just curiosity what would happen if we mounted them in our mouth as actual teeth?

Then, there's the matter of things not specifically mentioned, some ideas:
* We still want that bag of holding for more belly space. Might also be worth considering getting someone to do the magic directly on your belly rather than macgyvering something intended to be a handheald bag if that'd give any advantages?
* gecko hands and feet. in fact, just the toes and fingertips are probably enough if it's very expensive. Not only would it be good for climbing, it's also vastly improve our grip and stability, making us much harder to disarm or knock over.
* for further synergy with this and our balance, improved leg muscles for sprinting and jumping. Probably from something like gazelle, big cat, or kangaroo.
* Many insects have very good reflexes, (scroll down to "Flicker-fusion Frequency"), litter a bunch of retractable (for when pretending to be human is needed) eye stalks with dragonfly eyes around your body to redundantly (in case some get chopped of) cover all angles. Should increase our reactions and situational awareness.
*Since we occasionally get chopped up, it might be a good idea to give most important parts independent sensory organs and mobility... not sure how much that'd actually help, being powered by souls.
*the electricity generating organs from an electric eel, for the classic stunning handshake prank?

Are there any minor magical or otherwise not found on earth animals? I'm probably going to find creative usages for those as well.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 09, 2012, 02:48:08 am »

Details on tools and stuff.
The sirens throat is potently magic, and gives access to limited voice based powers including but not limited to piercing shrieks, charming croons, sound mimicry as per lyre birds, and song based magic's. (you have to learn the song from somewhere before you can use it.) It also gives you a passive bonus to all persuasion rolls. the problem with it is it might be beyond dothki's skill to implant perfectly on the first try. If you fail the roll you won't have full access to it's uses until you fix it. It wouldn't interfere with the snake throat because it's mostly the voice box rather then the actual throat.

The soul jars are can be used to capture the souls of fallen enemies, or they can be filled with concentrated energy if you torture someone to death by skinning them alive. Plus since they're Dewer flasks they're handy for keeping drinks hot ( or cold as the case may be).

The Collar of containment simply stops Elena from draining the necromantic energy from other undead in her proximity. She still drains them when she touches them though.

Dragons teeth aren't actually teeth, They're just called that for they're resemblance to the myth. You get one berserk skeleton warrior per tooth. If you try to implant them into your mouth a swarm of they'll sprout from your gums, probably breaking your jaw and then going medieval on your insides.

A bag of holding would cost 10,000 gold and can store weightlessly as much as a large room. You could get the scrounger to find you one for a hefty increase in price or you could go to the market catering to clients who avoid the stench of rotting corpses and look for one there. there are also cheaper version for 5,000 and 2500 gold.

Spirits/souls can't see without possessing some kind of sensory organ but they can sense life. Imagine as if the world were made shadows and all the lives were flame, with plants being a sluggish mist-like fire and creatures being flaming versions of themselves.

being so far from any swap or tropical river there isn't a ready supply of tropical animal's such as geckos and Electric eels but a resourceful scrounger could find them for you. It might be easier to use the lower voltage electric ray organs rather then eel organs, what with the ocean being closer and larger.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:49:58 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 09, 2012, 01:27:39 pm »

Siren throat: OMG MUST HAVE! And possibly buy the services of someone better for implanting it even. It's certainly the highest priority thing around by some margin.

Soul jars: if they can be reused (gather a soul, absorb it into ourselves, use same jar to gather other soul, etc.) get one, if not, consider that 10-pack deal, if we got money left over.

Bag of holding: go looking for the various options. What's the difference between the cheaper versions? The bag space is second in priority only to the sirens throat.

Try to get a better cost estimate for the gecko thing. It really would be useful.

I assume that the eyestalks and jumping leg muscles would work since you didn't mention them? cost estimate?

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 10, 2012, 06:35:17 pm »

Agreeing that the siren throat sounds like a high priority buy.
Soaplent green is goblins!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 11, 2012, 06:28:29 am »

Siren throat: OMG MUST HAVE! And possibly buy the services of someone better for implanting it even. It's certainly the highest priority thing around by some margin.

Soul jars: if they can be reused (gather a soul, absorb it into ourselves, use same jar to gather other soul, etc.) get one, if not, consider that 10-pack deal, if we got money left over.

Bag of holding: go looking for the various options. What's the difference between the cheaper versions? The bag space is second in priority only to the sirens throat.

Try to get a better cost estimate for the gecko thing. It really would be useful.

I assume that the eyestalks and jumping leg muscles would work since you didn't mention them? cost estimate?
this and we could get some one at the lab to do it for a small fee
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 11, 2012, 09:04:22 pm »

You buy the Sirens throat for 12,500 gold leaving you with 13,500 gold.

After looking around you find some more noteworthy merchandise.
Giant Gecko feet cost 300 per hand or 2,500 for an entire gecko corpse.
It would cost 3,000 gold to get enough eel organs to produce a stunning or deadly charge.
Gazelle hind quarters and legs cost 200 gold

Eye stalks and Dragonfly eyes are unavailable mostly because who would think of bringing  insects back to life? There may be some in the college research chambers to be used as practice for students though. You'll find out soon enough.

The 5000 gold bag of holding has the space of a small room and the 2500 gold bag of holding has the space of a closet or large box.
Soul jars can be reused but have a tendency to break at inconvenient times.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 11, 2012, 09:23:09 pm »

Assuming a giant gecko is giant enough that we just need one hand per hand/foot: 1,200 is a bargain, and you don't even need to stitch together a bazillion tiny patches of skin, go for it!

eel: not worth it for now

Gazelle: that's *suspiciously* cheap. How good are they compared to, say, a big cat? what happens if you rig up two sets in parallel?

How big are "large" and "small" rooms? I'd guess 8m^3 for small and 32m^3 for large, in wich case I'm leaning towards getting the 5000 bag if and only if we get enoguh other *worthwhile* purchases to not afford the big one, and if the money is just going to rot in our pockets anyway get the big 10 000 one.

Asking again what kind of fauna there is around here. Even a basic style you're getting it from would be useful, data so far is compatible with DnD-like of DF-like or original or something I haven't heard of. Are there giant versions of most animals? how giant? are magical creatures rare mythological things or are there physics-defying but mostly useless garden pests?

Go look up the "large snail eye stalks+thing eye stalks retract into" and dragonfly eye availability. Consider just catching them yourself actually.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 12, 2012, 03:28:53 am »

The giant gecko is big enough.
The Gazelle hindquarters are cheap for the simple reason that right off to the south-east are some some huge plains populated by mostly the animal-people tribes who sell what they hunt to malemoot for very good prices. Gazelles legs tend to be slower at sprinting and accelerating, better at sustained running and jumping and kicking
 The eels are expensive because you're asking for about ten exotic pets right off the market. If you were to order them from fishermen in the swamps/jungles they'd be cheaper but would take about a week to get to malemoot and not all of them would be alive.

with animals if you can point to a fiction or actual reference for me to use, say a wiki page or good picture I'll just add it into the world. There is a pretty big DnD/DF thing going but I edit stuff in and out as I choose. It doesn't even have to be fantasy fiction if you keep it reasonable.
Most of the really crazy creatures are confined to highly magic areas.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »

Excellent.

Sounds like gazelle is the choice over cats then, however with the creature info, we might want to look into gazelle-woman legs for better fit, or Giant Gazelle for more power if the fit isn't to bad. Given the likely existence of giant gazelle double set normal gazelle muscles are likely not a good choice.

Now for some other cretures that might be usefull...
Spoiler: From DF wiki (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: drom DnD (click to show/hide)

Also, realized we might need something to handle things in the bag of holding! How will that work anyway, does it have rummage magic and does that work on vomiting things up from it? would the inside be leather/cloth or stomach lining? Can anything in it naturally be accessed by the vampire draw whenever we want? will it be a huge air-filled inflated space or just a sack expanding as we fill it unless we specifically swallow air?

Depending on the answers to these, we might consider getting partitions, stomach lining and extra arms to put on the inside for restraining and handling stuff.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 14, 2012, 03:23:47 am »

Walking the stalls you find a shady vendor selling small ocular creatures trapped within cages.
Creeping Eyes cost 250 gold per living specimen and 800 gold for the dead ones (they're Really hard to kill, an they're a common kind of vermin in the sewers of MaleMoot. {there's no benefit to adding more then two creeping eyes}).
Beyond the most recent find there is little of interest.

If you wish to make any more purchases in addition to the sirens throat now would would be the time to do it.

You have 13,500 gold left.

Creeping Eyes cost 250 gold per living specimen and 800 gold for the dead ones
Giant Gecko feet cost 300 per hand or 2,500 for an entire gecko corpse.
It would cost 3,000 gold to get enough eel organs to produce a stunning or deadly charge.
Gazelle hind quarters and legs cost 200 gold
Harpy wings -2500 gold per pair
Medusa eyes -7500 per pair
Soul Jars - 100 gold each or 800 for 10
Collar of Containment - 7500 gold (reduces soul drain to touch only.)
Dragon teeth. 1000 GP for 20
Concentrated Soul energy - 100 Gold per bottle (Details)
Blade of Tortured Souls -(steals the soul of whoever it kills under right conditions, Inquire for price and details. You can do this after finishing your shopping, The seller looks like she has a quest or some dark mysterious secret,)

Assume when you merge/Implant the bag of holding into your body you'll have some way to manage what you throw up. You'll also have the option to any living victims in the outer stomach where they can be drained of blood/energy. I doubt the animal people are going to sell you the corpse of one of their kin. And giant gazelles are huge, their legs wouldn't fit on Elena unless you want her to permanently look like she was a stilt walker.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 14, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »

Get:
Large bag of holding ( 3500 left)
gezelle hindquarters (3300)
4 gecko feet ( 2100)
live creeping eye (they do have blood, so we can just keep it in our stomach and vampirically drain it) (1850)
Soul Jar (1750)

Then check out the snail eye stalks and insect eyes.

Might be worth considering "furnishing" the bag of holding with stuff for restraining people and keeping them unconscious but alive.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52