Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i forbid dwarves from running around collecting dead animal bodies  (Read 755 times)

AzuredreamsXT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Outside my fortress? A roc is flying around slaughtering wildlife and dwarves keep going outside to grab the bodies? What exactly do i need to turn on or off, and how?

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
Re: How do i forbid dwarves from running around collecting dead animal bodies
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:53:02 pm »

hit o-F. Then you get set it to "Forbid Bodies" or some such.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:49 am »

While you are in there, you might want to make sure they aren't set to auto-loom all thread.  Gets annoying when you need to suture a dwarf back together but the weaver(s) have turned all your thread assigned to the hospital into socks.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:05:37 am »

The forbid death items menu is really handy.  If you forbid absolutely ALL death items, you'll never have to deal with dwarves doing the run into the siege to retrieve socks/bodies/ammo/whatever nonsense.

Just remember to unforbid anything useful you need once it's safe to retrieve and you're good.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 11:04:54 am »

The forbid death items menu is really handy.  If you forbid absolutely ALL death items, you'll never have to deal with dwarves doing the run into the siege to retrieve socks/bodies/ammo/whatever nonsense.

Just remember to unforbid anything useful you need once it's safe to retrieve and you're good.

Or if you have deaths inside the fort, because otherwise you'll get miasma problems when no one moves the rotting corpses.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:11:20 am »

go to the o menu and forbid gathering outside refuse.
You'll probably want to forbid all death items, your dead, etc. and just selectively un-forbid what you need until the crisis is over.