Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Is it wrong that i laughed for 2 solid minutes  (Read 8299 times)

AzuredreamsXT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it wrong that i laughed for 2 solid minutes
« on: November 11, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »

After my first appointed captain of the guard ever, a hammerdwarf, chased down and beat a tantruming citizen so badly he was hospitalized?

This game was so worth getting into

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it wrong that i laughed for 2 solid minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:21:51 pm »

He survived?!
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:51 pm »

My first sheriff was a skilled axedwarf. Oh yes, I cracked up. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:16:19 pm »

Mine usually punch criminals in the head so hard that their skulls shatter and they die.

Usually in one hit, too.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »

Really? My most hilarious moment was my Captain of the guard attacking my master speardwarf.

She was carrying her adamantine spear, and almost all of her armour at the time.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 07:44:46 pm »

hehe. I read it as he beat the citizen for so long that THE HAMMERER had to be hospitalized. :D

"I'm sorry Urist. It's very badly sprained ... you won't be able to hold a hammer ever again!"
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 07:47:32 pm »

I tend to have my CotG forge two of his own base-quality adamantine warhammers and rename his profession to "Harmless Hammerer". Then he just beats dwarves with his two squeaky inflatable hammers. The nobles still consider it justice, oddly. I'd think the baron/ess would end up completely enraged when the criminal laughs off a beating.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:51:38 pm »

My current captain distinguished himself in a remarkable way to earn that promotion (I usually run anarchist forts, unless I have a damn good reason to bring in law and order).  He seized a bowyers shop while in a possessed mood and built a blowgun.

He now beats criminals with that blowgun.  I don't think they even need hospitalization.  (Good thing too, my mayor keeps demanding tin items)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »

Hey, I always try to arm my sheriff with a decent, sharp weapon. Justice for all! I also haven't had many problems with mandates, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »

i dont usually get a sheriff before my jail is ready because sheriff DESTROYS "criminals"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 02:38:52 pm »

I had a captain of the guard who was little more than a torso. Well, he had arm stumps, and  leg stumps. He could bite and push, and that was it... So it was pretty funny to think a beating from the captain involving him rolling up to you, sort of trying to roll into you, and snapping at your ankles.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 02:55:43 pm »

I had a captain of the guard who was little more than a torso. Well, he had arm stumps, and  leg stumps. He could bite and push, and that was it... So it was pretty funny to think a beating from the captain involving him rolling up to you, sort of trying to roll into you, and snapping at your ankles.

Thank you for making my day. I haven't laughed at a mental picture that hard in a while.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »

A mason of mine once had a tantrum in the statue garden. This was during a bid of down-time in my fortress, so the statue garden had maybe 30 dwarves hanging around, but of course this mason picks a fight with the Captain of the Guard, who carried a steel sword and he knew how to use it. Mason punches the Captain the arm; Captain responds by beheading the poor dwarf with such fury that his head flies across the room and landing on a statue. I had to deconstruct it to retrieve the damn thing.

This was a version before statues had descriptions, but I like to think that the statue was of the same Captain of the Guard striking a pose and the flying head skewered itself on the statue's sword. I laughed at that thought. Less funny was the 28 other dwarves tantrumming because they witnessed their bestest buddy being beheaded.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 04:20:46 pm »

Thank you for making my day. I haven't laughed at a mental picture that hard in a while.

Seconded.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 05:06:05 pm »

It's about twice a week I die from laughter reading these forums.
Pages: [1] 2 3