Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (0.1.1 Alpha)  (Read 112245 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (WIP)
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »

Make sure you add some sort of killswitch-like mechanism to it, like dumping magma on the parts so they'll stop trying to take over the world.

Back up the save x10.
This will have the benefit of;
Making sure this is never lost to crashes/human failzorz.
Making sure this is never lost to DF being mean.

Oh and...
All houses of cards built in DF look so !FUN! when they're on fire.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2011, 08:06:06 pm »

Hey, a human brain being a neural net could be simulated by a computer and a computer could be simulated in dwarf fortress. So if somebody were to have a 1,000,000 * 1,000,000 embark and a supercomputer to run DF (so fast your brain functions just as fast as it would outside of DF) that'd allow them to perfectly replicate your conscious state... what the hell would you do?

I'd tell my creator to put me on virtual endorphins (natural happiness drug) and design blueprints for changes that should be made for me (magma)... and be the first computer program inside a virtual computer inside a program inside a physical computer to win a nobel peace prize
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

Hey, a human brain being a neural net could be simulated by a computer and a computer could be simulated in dwarf fortress. So if somebody were to have a 1,000,000 * 1,000,000 embark and a supercomputer to run DF (so fast your brain functions just as fast as it would outside of DF) that'd allow them to perfectly replicate your conscious state... what the hell would you do?

I'd tell my creator to put me on virtual endorphins (natural happiness drug) and design blueprints for changes that should be made for me (magma)... and be the first computer program inside a virtual computer inside a program inside a physical computer to win a nobel peace prize
inb4 cult hacks your computer and links it to an output

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »

I knew the day would come when the Singularity was brought up in this thread. This can only get better.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2011, 05:24:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the top level of the 5 z-level tall machinery that controls the user display, I just finished linking up the dark and light blue gears there. As far as the display goes and the mechanics that control it, that part is finished. The empty strip on the left and everything below it is all that's left. The vertical line at the leftmost is where the gears go of which the keyboard levers link to and the banks of 4 next to it is the main logic unit that controls advancing, backspacing and clearing the 32 display tiles.

Sabotaging any of this won't hurt the AI, if any of you are wondering  :P. You'll just render yourself unable to apologize while it kills you.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »

you know, this is the only forum where doing such an incredible amount of work, machinery thinking and all gets answered with a
"Well done, good sir, you are awesome".
instead of a "what a horrible waste of time".
so...you are awesome sir!.
keep it up, and make it indestructable.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2011, 05:40:16 pm »

I'm not sabotaging it, I'm helping it remove ANY AND ALL WEAKNESSES.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »

So, what percentage of your embark have you already used?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2011, 06:20:46 pm »

If we're talking underground only and including the space set aside for the AI's display mechanics, a quarter maybe.

I don't think i've mentioned it but i've removed caverns and hell for this world for FPS sake. It's just earth, the magma sea and 2 levels below the magma sea (where the display and keyboard are aswell as where the dwarves reside).

I fully expect the machinery to take up the entire underground and overflow to aboveground.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2011, 06:45:27 pm »

Is it a 4x4 embark?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2011, 07:50:13 pm »

Is it a 4x4 embark?
I believe it was somewhere mentioned that it was 3x3
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »

If we're talking underground only and including the space set aside for the AI's display mechanics, a quarter maybe.

I don't think i've mentioned it but i've removed caverns and hell for this world for FPS sake. It's just earth, the magma sea and 2 levels below the magma sea (where the display and keyboard are aswell as where the dwarves reside).

I fully expect the machinery to take up the entire underground and overflow to aboveground.

Better save that stone... You may need it to build platforms high into the sky, in the end... Which would be awesome.

Imagine coming across something like this in adventure mode... I'd start to get very, very worried... I might also disconnect from the internet, just in case. >.> lol
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2011, 02:48:55 pm »

Is it a 4x4 embark?
I believe it was somewhere mentioned that it was 3x3

*nods*

Better save that stone... You may need it to build platforms high into the sky, in the end... Which would be awesome.

Imagine coming across something like this in adventure mode... I'd start to get very, very worried... I might also disconnect from the internet, just in case. >.> lol

The fort is heavily modded to reduce non-AI related issues from slowing me down, including free stone, metal and wood reactions. With that, speed 0 dwarves who don't eat, drink or sleep with invaders turned off, it has still taken me 24 game years to get this far (with minimal waste). I really don't want to think about where i'd be without all that "help"  :-[

The keyboard and many of the more minor logic gears are linked up. The end is in sight with several semi-large linkages to go. The mechanism count is...ridiculous. I'll leave it to when 0.1 is released for the final tally.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2011, 02:50:44 pm »

You'd probably be knee deep in corpses, socks and magma. So don't fret, this masterpiece is well worth whatever modding required :P

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2011, 04:12:34 pm »

You'd probably be knee deep in corpses, socks and magma.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Imagine them as decorative stickers on your computer from Hell.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31