Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (0.1.1 Alpha)  (Read 112215 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (WIP)
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2011, 09:55:33 am »

Urist McResearchLeader: How did the final test run go?

Chief McAnic: Well... It is conscious, self-aware and very hungry. All known gremlins have been removed. Except for one...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2011, 02:34:17 pm »

...Oh, man. Kill the tree, kill it with fire!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

Spent about an hour reading through this thread last night when I should have been sleeping. My mind is blown. There's very PC few games that manage to stimulate me intellectually, but this is one of them. My chicken leather hat goes off to you BloodBeard, I will be following your progress with interest. Though I'm curious how you manage to manufacture so many mechanisms and other parts. Are you using some sort of level editor or do you just have a massive factory fort stocked with equipment that you open whenever you start work on something new?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2011, 09:31:08 pm »

Spent about an hour reading through this thread last night when I should have been sleeping. My mind is blown. There's very PC few games that manage to stimulate me intellectually, but this is one of them. My chicken leather hat goes off to you BloodBeard, I will be following your progress with interest. Though I'm curious how you manage to manufacture so many mechanisms and other parts. Are you using some sort of level editor or do you just have a massive factory fort stocked with equipment that you open whenever you start work on something new?

Almost all 19 of my dwarves (capped pop for better FPS) are legendary mechanics, with them modded to speed 0 they can pump out mechanisms at a good rate. Thanks to some 'cheaty' reactions, getting any items I need isn't an issue.

That's not to say things have been going by at a speedy rate. Doortufts, the fort i'm building it in is in its 20th year.  :o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:35:02 pm by BloodBeard »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:43 pm »

You might have to let some immigrants come before they all die of old age before their attempts at building a god can be completed.  Oh man its the Dwemer all over again.. We're gonna see a Morrowind happen..
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2011, 08:21:13 am »

Heh, like the others I read this start to end and am thus posting to watch so I can continue to observe this awesomeness...
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2011, 02:09:00 am »

I'll try to not let you guys down  :)

Topic for something that I might like to try for this project: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=97323.0

It doesn't take up a lot of space so i'm thinking it would be nice if I could get a visual representation of the AI that would animate on changing moods or other events.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2011, 02:26:39 pm »

I'll try to not let you guys down  :)

Topic for something that I might like to try for this project: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=97323.0

It doesn't take up a lot of space so i'm thinking it would be nice if I could get a visual representation of the AI that would animate on changing moods or other events.

What would that be like?

Something like this?
Goblins attacking right side: -    --   ---   ---> (animation)
Goblins attacking left side:   (ditto, reversed)
No dwarf activity seen (triggered by pressure plates + timers):  :-\
All goblins dead (after invasion):  8)
Forgotten beast walking around the caverns:  >:(
Magma pouring through the fortress:  :D
Command not rockognized:  ???
User made a pun:  ::)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2011, 03:35:16 pm »

Probably not, the main focus would be more on the emotional side and dependant on how and what the user communicates. Eventually maybe if I succeed and begin looking for other things for it to do.

Pressure plate sensor nets would be pretty easy to implement for a variety of purposes. A hollow shell surrounding the mechanical parts filled with magma with magma pressure plates that will activate if the magma is released, telling the AI that something is trying to access its mechanics. Unfortunately something like that won't be put in for this particular fort as i'm more concerned with getting an AI to work at all. Hopefully I still have the drive to build a second AI when I get this one figured out, and that's the one that will be preplanned down to each individual tile with all the bells and whistles with a real fort that dwarves can live in and be controled by the AI.

Every single fort I've made has died from my own boredom, but something tells me that I won't run out of interesting challenges for this project any time soon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:36:48 pm by BloodBeard »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2011, 03:49:27 pm »

I've broken the 20k mechanism mark, linking continues.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:46 pm »

Still working on the word processor?

I demand automatic spell checking.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:59:24 pm by MagmaMcFry »

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2011, 04:22:02 pm »

Yep. Lottsa stuff needed for it.

How the AI will compare in quantity I don't know, the display is why this needs so many gears and linkages. I want to focus on getting this part done so I haven't put a whole lot of thought into the design of the AI and the word recognition functions, which will be the next step, but i'm thinking I will need to set some boundaries on word and sentence length. I'll need to make up a word list to find the longest word I want to include and the maximum number of words in a sentance. How the word recognition would work is an individual logic bank would identify words up to the maximum letter count with the number of banks being the maximum word count. The spacebar lever would advance things to the next logic bank using the advancement function i've already made.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2011, 04:26:26 pm »

Yep. Lottsa stuff needed for it.

How the AI will compare in quantity I don't know, the display is why this needs so many gears and linkages. I want to focus on getting this part done so I haven't put a whole lot of thought into the design of the AI and the word recognition functions, which will be the next step, but i'm thinking I will need to set some boundaries on word and sentence length. I'll need to make up a word list to find the longest word I want to include and the maximum number of words in a sentance. How the word recognition would work is an individual logic bank would identify words up to the maximum letter count with the number of banks being the maximum word count. The spacebar lever would advance things to the next logic bank using the advancement function i've already made.

Two words: markov chains.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »

My thoughts exactly.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2011, 05:30:50 pm »

My thoughts exactly.

<insert lame markov chain joke here>
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31