Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (0.1.1 Alpha)  (Read 112205 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (WIP)
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2011, 02:58:14 pm »

Still chuggin away linking things. I found my first mislink, I don't know which pressure plates exactly but I had to tear down 15 gears and relink them. I got a really simple way of finding out if I linked one incorrectly where I activate all the pressure plates at once, and if done right each set of 15 gears should have the same on or off state. It isn't foolproof but the odds of a false positive are slim.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2011, 03:06:14 pm »

Still chuggin away linking things. I found my first mislink, I don't know which pressure plates exactly but I had to tear down 15 gears and relink them. I got a really simple way of finding out if I linked one incorrectly where I activate all the pressure plates at once, and if done right each set of 15 gears should have the same on or off state. It isn't foolproof but the odds of a false positive are slim.

So a lot of things are going to go horribly wrong? :d

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2011, 03:10:47 pm »

that one misslink is probably just the "do not kill human" rule, you can let it be, a dwarven AI is perfectly safe and useable by anyone age 0 to infinity.
U_U
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2011, 03:14:52 pm »

that one misslink is probably just the "do not kill human" rule, you can let it be, a dwarven AI is perfectly safe and useable by anyone age 0 to infinity.
U_U

Well if humanity is going to be destroyed, I can't think of a better way other than at the hands of DwarfNet.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2011, 03:21:59 pm »

That's no joke, if i'm able to get word recognition put in and link some gears wrong when programing the reasoning logic shit could go down.

!!SCIENCE!! is serious business.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2011, 07:34:34 am »

I still have no idea how the hell this is gonna work...
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2011, 07:37:46 am »

I still have no idea how the hell this is gonna work...

well, i suppose that since in basis every single thing computer related is merely the definition which is given to an ON/OFF statement of some sort.
(binary code 01 is after all off/on signals) he'll give an on signal to something, an off signal to something else and virtually build an operating system (software) through the use of software of dwarf fortress AND the hardware of his pc.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2011, 07:52:51 am »

That I know myself.

But here, we're talking about significant inefficiency (due to running in DF) and trying to make an AI work.

EDIT: To clarify...

It's got nowhere near the processing power to run a more or less sophisticated AI. Yet, it's got 30'000 transistors, whilst this here, IF a lever = a transistor, has got 8'500 with severe inefficiency.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:27:42 am by Dwarf »
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2011, 08:53:13 am »

well, maybe if instead of actual artificial intelligence (aka something which knows and MAY learn) he refers to simply a inside automatic response, then it's an ai.
to say.
set the "ai" to open the bridges in intervals when a siege is there.
siege is when tot units walk upon tot pressure plates and destroy them.
when that happens also open the magma channels.
it's an automated response, which could be fine and doable.
now, to that you add that, when this happens, the displays shows off "siege incoming" "deploying countermeasures" "countermeasures deployed".
it's not an ai, but it feels like that.
it's the difference between making a program which fetches data from a txt, and a program which fetches data from himself, but making the one who runs the program read on screen "program fetching data" it's the same stuff, but in two different ways.
U_U
and it would still be a hell of a work to make.
now, maybe it's an "ai" in the sense of calculations OR display showing predeterminate letters.
like "press the lever to ask "everything fine?"" answer will always be:"yes it's fine, more magma".
faking an ai is still a hussle, and if done well it's quite difficult to realize it.
since after all, a program who can learn by himself does not, quite actually, exist.
(there may be similar programs, but that's different, it's simply storing data in relation to words, which is what clever bot is)
to say, the program should learn by himself, without being asked to learn.
he should thus feel egoism, and have an ego.
he should be able to reason for abstract.
and then it would be an AHI. artificial human intelligence.
humans think abstract, have long term memory (pc's have it on a base), and are able to prove curiosity and discern themselves from someone else.
U_U

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2011, 03:38:03 pm »

Dwarves  at work:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I found a way to make the power lines more efficient, cutting their costs in half (around 3,500 Uristwatts worth), so that's good. The wind farm I have planned out will probably be far more then I need.

Even with my speed 0 dwarves it will still be a long while before i'm done linking everything.

How I am going to actually attempt to build the A.I. is still a mix mash of ideas in my head, but I have some very specific goals in mind to what I want it to do. I want to start as simple as I can with the smallest possible vocabulary with interconnected rules and meanings, and construct using that vocabulary an inquiry that the A.I. can respond to. Just basic, cold calculation. If I can achieve that then bit by bit I slowly add more complexity. The best analogy I can think of is a baby growing up, developing it's own personality and knowledge as it grows.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2011, 03:40:28 pm »

...It will learn?   :o

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2011, 04:36:14 pm »

In a manner of speaking.

The supposed mechanical impossibility of an AI being dwarfputed aside i'll be needing to do some psychology research. If I want it to be closer to an AI then a calculator i'll need to go beyond just words, grammar and definitions. I think a foundation of root emotions and instincts needs to be formed before I get into language. If anyone knows a good website with that kind of information please let me know.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2011, 12:50:27 am »

I'm halfway done the part i've determined to be the most linkage-heavy section, the sets of gears that control what character to display. This is good news because not only do the other sets of gears need a comparatively tiny amount, but the more efficient power lines I mentioned a few posts up allowed me to cut down on the number of linkages I need to do by almost 4500. So it's still going to take a long long time to get a working 'notepad' up for download, but not nearly as long as I had previously thought.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:52:01 am by BloodBeard »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2011, 01:37:34 am »

This won't be DwarfNet or GLaDORF.. Bloodbeard's dwarves are making a physical avatar for Armok himself.  He will reside in this mechanical contraption you and your dwarves have made.. and from there on.. work towards his ultimate goal of becoming fully aware in our own reality, and thus become a god unto himself.  It'll be like the Aztecs all over again, albeit with magma..

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2011, 01:41:00 am »

This won't be DwarfNet or GLaDORF.. Bloodbeard's dwarves are making a physical avatar for Armok himself.  He will reside in this mechanical contraption you and your dwarves have made.. and from there on.. work towards his ultimate goal of becoming fully aware in our own reality, and thus become a god unto himself.  It'll be like the Aztecs all over again, albeit with magma..

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

That gives me an idea. Once it gets finished, you should flood it with magma.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31