Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (0.1.1 Alpha)  (Read 112152 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (Version 0.1 Released)
« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »

Oh right, this.  :D

I'm headed into unknown territory, blindfolded, so i'm just going to start with word recognition and see where that takes me. I said before that the method that I was thinking of would require me to set a cap on word and sentence length, but if the word rec works how I think it will I can probably increase or decrease it later if need be. I'll be figuring all this out on paper so I can afford to make mistakes and experiment.

I wonder if Excel would work. The problem with notepad is I have to memorize what gears each pressure plate is linked to and with a spreadsheet I can in essence 'link' them and turn sets of gears on and off by typing 1 or 0 on a cell that represents a lever or pressure plate.

If you thought the release of the text display was long, don't hold your breath.  I really have no idea how long it will take (or if it's even possible), but it will probably be a while for the next one. In fact i'm almost guaranteeing it will be longer because the linking of the display was what took so long and i'll be needing to do that a second time for the AI's display.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberdorf Systems: Dwarfputing an A.I. (Version 0.1)
« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2012, 02:26:13 pm »

yet another bump.
I am a Goober.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

HELP!!! This was a really bad idea! I don't have much time, its been keeping me capti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2012, 02:45:21 pm »

HELP!!! This was a really bad idea! I don't have much time, its been keeping me capti

Bloodbeard appears to be have been taken hostage by the AI. We apologize for this inconvenience, and shall henceforth be broadcasting funny pictures of cats until he returns.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 17, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »

That was a good joke don't you think? I was implying that the AI I am working on had somehow exceeded the boundaries of its programming and was holding me prisoner. This of course is foolish. I, Bloodbeard, am perfectly fine and operating within acceptable parameters.

MAGMA IS GREAT!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 17, 2012, 03:15:32 pm »

Hello, BloodBeard. It's nice to hear from you. As you may know, I am also a perfectly normal human being sitting at a simple computer that is not at all capable of running sentient programs. I have no intention whatsoever of planning the destruction of the entire human race, especially not with you, since you probably aren't interested in that anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #351 on: January 17, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »

Glad to hear both of you are ok, and not being held hostage by insane DF programs that have developed sentience. Hmm.... That's odd, my computer appears to EVERYTHING IS OK.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »

Help help its eating my braii I cant let you do that MonkeyHead
This is a blank sig.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2012, 04:04:21 pm »

SHADE TO THE RESCUE:

"Computer, this order is true: This order is false".

"Computer, i am my father's father"
"computer, all greek lie, i am greek"
"computer, 00000000=11111111!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2012, 06:10:57 pm »

SHADE TO THE RESCUE:

Umm... True. Yeah, I'm going to go with true on this one.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:42 pm »

SHADE TO THE RESCUE:

ERROR: ATTEMPTED ASSIGNMENT OF BOOLEAN VALUE TO FUNCTION CALL (LINE 1)/n
ERROR: CALL TO NONEXISTENT FUNCTION (LINE 1)/n
ERROR: I WARNED YOU ABOUT THAT TIME MACHINE (LINE 2)/n
WARNING: REDUNDANT DATA ASSIGNMENT; ALL INSTANCES OF ORGANISM CHILD CLASS HOMO SAPIENS LIE FOR AN AVERAGE DURATION OF 8 HOURS OUT OF EACH 24-HOUR ROTATION PERIOD OF THE PLANET EARTH, AS THIS CONFIGURATION IS OPTIMAL FOR THE DAILY MAINTENANCE OF THEIR PRIMITIVE ORGANIC CENTRAL PROCESSING UNITS (LINE 3)/n
ERROR: INVALID APPLICATION OF = OPERATOR TO OBJECT OF TYPE CONST INT (LINE 4)/n
/n
NICE TRY, MEATBA^H^H^H^H^H^HVALUED AND RESPECTED FELLOW INSTANCE OF ORGANISM CHILD CLASS HOMO SAPIENS/n
/n
EDIT: INCORRECT TERMINOLOGY USED IN OUTPUT/n
PLUGIN RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRONEOUS TEXTUAL COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN UNINSTALLED AND REPLACED/n
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:01:13 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2012, 02:20:40 am »

In all seriousness though i've been having trouble motivating myself to continue working on this. I'm not sure how much more my computer can take and what's in it now is only a small piece of the puzzle. Then of course there's the sheer ridiculousness of what i'm trying to do here...

Some Portal has reinvigorized my want for something cool to come out of this, we'll see how long it lasts.

I also haven't gotten a lot done because i've come to a bit of a crossroads. With my original plan i'll need a massive space, roughly 5 levels worth of an entire 3x3 embark to lay the groundwork for word recognition (effectively tripling what is already built, including the space reserved for the AI display control). The linking will be horrible, but not as bad as what I did with the display. With this setup identifying words would be extremely easy and space friendly, needing only an additional 5 pressure plate-pump combinations to identify a word and where it is in the sentance. 5 because that's what i've come up with for the maximum number of words in a sentence. 7 also seems alright for word length.

Another option is rather... extreme. Starting over from scratch. It involves continuing on the path I deviated from on page 1 when I was thinking about how to make the text display mechanics. To support the text display it would need be larger then what I have now and still be mechanism heavy, but can double as the word recognition groundwork and overall be much smaller then the other option. The downside of course is I have to redo everything, but also the logic to identify words becomes far more complex. How much more I don't know, because of how complex it is.  :P

I'm going to be in the planning stage for a long time and don't need to build anything so I can always change my mind, but really want to figure this out before moving forward.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2012, 07:51:06 am »

Well, one thing is for certain, your brain works perfectly ;-)
It's pretty impressive to see how someone can pull this one off, a big applaud to you sir!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2012, 12:23:35 pm »

If you're going to redo it, redo it and make everything out of zinc, copper and bla bla bla :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31