Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Istod be let in? Should I rob all the caravans humies and elves send?

Save Istod
- 3 (20%)
Save her after a week in the ARTICS!!!
- 4 (26.7%)
No.
- 1 (6.7%)
Rob Humies
- 0 (0%)
Rob Elves
- 0 (0%)
Rob EVERYONE
- 3 (20%)
Just trade with 'em
- 4 (26.7%)
Leave them alone -_-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 17, 2011, 07:23:56 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Eugenics Fortress (abandoned)  (Read 8282 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Eugenics Fortress (Slightly controversial, lol)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 11:41:07 pm »

Never been dwarfed before, but as I think I'm going to be following this experiment kinda closely, might as well. :) I'll take Eral, I suppose. Rename him "Talvieno", custom job of "Nightmare Santa".  :D
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 01:46:06 am »

nice. oy, does that mean we can get dorfed? then, could i be one of the plonkers from the next migrant wave? masonry/stone detailing/mechanics preferably, but i'd be happy with anyone.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 03:59:20 am »

nice. oy, does that mean we can get dorfed? then, could i be one of the plonkers from the next migrant wave? masonry/stone detailing/mechanics preferably, but i'd be happy with anyone.

I've only had one migrant wave so far, and that had one dwarf in it, which according to the polls, is going to have to live in the arctics for a week before she's let inside >:D
You can still be dorfed as one of the dwarves already in the fortress though, other than kids, I don't plan on having too many new dwarves :P

Never been dwarfed before, but as I think I'm going to be following this experiment kinda closely, might as well. :) I'll take Eral, I suppose. Rename him "Talvieno", custom job of "Nightmare Santa".  :D

Ha ha, I like this new system. People choose dwarves for their physical capabilities and not their life merits.
I've created some sort of demented Dorf Orwell fort:D :D :D
Oh and, Eral shall hence forth be dorfed :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 04:05:24 am »

Can I get dwarfed as one of the Superior dwarves?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 04:27:54 am »

Take your pick:P

*Edit... OH GOD THE MIGRANTS!
Well, I found the rest of them :P

My population has gone from 17 to 42, but I've only spotted a few genetically able dwarves. Notably, a male dwarf who is mighty and incredibly quick to heal (Dorverine:D), and a female dwarf with ABSOLUTELY NO WEAKNESSES!!!!
And a crap ton of strengths.
Oh and a dorf child who is sufficiently awshum.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:55:00 am by Loud Whispers »

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 09:22:14 am »

My population has gone from 17 to 42, but I've only spotted a few genetically able dwarves. Notably, a male dwarf who is mighty and incredibly quick to heal (Dorverine:D), and a female dwarf with ABSOLUTELY NO WEAKNESSES!!!!

Picture of the female?
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 09:47:37 am »

I'll take the awesome child as my dwarf just to be different - call him Aussie Dwarf Jr.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 11:31:17 am »

Picture of the female?

Oops, well she has two mental weaknesses, the Broodmother is the one with absolutely no weaknesses:P
Quite a few male dwarves with no weaknesses, and a lot with great strengths.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll take the awesome child as my dwarf just to be different - call him Aussie Dwarf Jr.

Also, Erush and Shorast are both now lovers :D
Only need to get married now :P

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »

i guess i'll take a superior dorf in the fort, don't care who/what he is. name him "Arrogance".  ;D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 01:07:26 pm »

i guess i'll take a superior dorf in the fort, don't care who/what he is. name him "Arrogance".  ;D

Dorfed:D

Also, here's an image of me attempting to trade with the elves.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 01:27:47 pm »

...Also, here's an image of me attempting to trade with the elves.
*nods solemnly* It's the Dwarven-Spartan way. *raises ax and screams wild battle cry* WAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
... yes, that was my battle cry... >.>

Kinda hard to keep up with the updates, I didn't realize til just now you weren't posting on new posts, but just on the OP. =P This is turning out awesomely, though. How are you keeping the Spartans and Helots separate? Or... are you letting them... *shudders* mingle?

EDIT: As for something to do with your uberdwarf race... Send them into battle and cream hordes upon hordes of trolls, goblins, war beasts, what have you? What else is there?

...Or I suppose you could kill them all in a magma flood.  ;D That's always fun.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:33:39 pm by Talvieno »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »

Roleplay time! "dem elf-lovin dorfstards! who is weak enough to trade? we shall trade with those of pure race, only the masterdorfrace can be traded with! all else are slave material! *another dwarf*: calm down, Arrogance, calm down... *Arrogance*: DEM ELFISH DORFSTERDS HAVE A SPY! TO THE WOLVES! *another dorf*: but... what about my weak imune sistem? *Arrogance*: weak dorfs shall not be tolerated! go out, and be gone out of my sight! *Arrogance throws AD out of the door, locking it behind him* *another dwarf*: great. *cough* just great....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

...Also, here's an image of me attempting to trade with the elves.
*nods solemnly* It's the Dwarven-Spartan way. *raises ax and screams wild battle cry* WAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
... yes, that was my battle cry... >.>

Kinda hard to keep up with the updates, I didn't realize til just now you weren't posting on new posts, but just on the OP. =P This is turning out awesomely, though. How are you keeping the Spartans and Helots separate? Or... are you letting them... *shudders* mingle?

Built them a separate working quarters, building them a resevoir, and making the chute which they will drop food down. Do you think booze spills if you drop it from 5~ levels? :P
Also, they've mostly just hung around outside my fort, gathering random junk. A blizzard man forced me to bring the Inferior's inside though.
D:<

And yeah, I will update mostly on the OP, and recently found out (much to my discouragement), that Dwarves may not have inherent strengths and weaknesses, the couple that came to my fort already married, with kids, and one has none of the strengths the parents have, or the weaknesses :(
This could be because they were randomly generated migrants, but it's discouraging to say the least.
Oh and yes, the broker is not a superior, all of the UberDwarves are forbidden to trade with the elves ;P

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 01:49:22 pm »

i do believe that the helots should drink only water, as sobriety is the best punishment for not being perfect. and they should live in dirt, outside, or on top of the Tower without walls.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »

Built them a separate working quarters, building them a resevoir, and making the chute which they will drop food down. Do you think booze spills if you drop it from 5~ levels? :P
*presses K*
*moves cursor*
"Open Space"
*moves down a Z-level*
"{Ice}
Ice Cavern Floor
Booze 7/7"

Sounds good to me.  :D

And yeah, I will update mostly on the OP, and recently found out (much to my discouragement), that Dwarves may not have inherent strengths and weaknesses, the couple that came to my fort already married, with kids, and one has none of the strengths the parents have, or the weaknesses :(
This could be because they were randomly generated migrants, but it's discouraging to say the least.
Oh and yes, the broker is not a superior, all of the UberDwarves are forbidden to trade with the elves ;P

I'm betting it's only the migrants - the migrants all seem random anyway: their kids are never like their parents. I'd had an idea that dwarven children could inherit stats from their parents, but wasn't completely sure - I followed a dwarven family pretty closely once. I won't say why...  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4